As other people mentioned, the assembly was a bit tricky. Steps 6 and 7, where you put the frame together with just wooden dowels were a real challenge. There were so many pieces that were barely held together until something was actually screwed in that we were wishing for another helper or two to keep the whole thing together. I eventually straddled the piece holding it together with my feet thus having two free hands to hold in other places while my husband started on the cams and screws. I would suggest that you work on the right side first where the drawers go because it is a smaller section and has more stability. Other than that, we really like it and look forward to filling it up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color was very close to the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The item had good value to price. The quality was fine.
I am quite pleased with this cart. The wood top is easy to clean, the red is nice and cheery, and it adds lots of storage to my tiny kitchen. I love using the raised drop leaf when we need extra prep space! It took my husband and I 3-4 hours to assemble, and we're both handy people. Not difficult by any means, just lots of steps. The only downside is that the drawers are narrow but deep, so it took me a little while to figure out what to store in them. Overall, I am still very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This red kitchen cart met our expectations. It was just what we wanted. It was easier to assemble than the other reviews led us to believe. It took about an hour and a half to complete. I would give this product a thumbs up for sure!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was just what we wanted and expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall, the quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product matched the description quite well.
I love this cart! I desperately needed more storage for my kitchen. I saw this cart on line and love the idea that the top can expand for even more counter space. As a big baker, I can use the extra space to cool cookie sheets and other things. The paint job is a little uneven, but it works with my more rustic style. The cart would not fit into my space with the spice rack and towel bar attached, so I left them off, and am very happy with it.
I got this cart to add more working space to my small galley kitchen. Went together very easily in a few hours. It added a lot of storage space too - in the cabinet part I was able to put bread machine, rice cooker, toaster, dog food, small mixer and immersion blender. The drawers are quite deep as well and provide storage for kitchen towels, miscellaneous utensils and dinner napkins. The top of this is very hard wood (rubber wood) and quite nice looking. It has a leaf in the back that you can put up that almost doubles the work ares. The casters are nice and have a locking mechanism. As I had a very specific sized space to put this in I did not attache the towel rack and spice rack to the sides. It measures 43.25 inches wide without these items attached. Overall I am quite pleased with the quality of this and the price was wonderful. It certainly does not look inexpensive, or indeed like something you put together yourself.
Excellent assembly instructions. Took about 2 hours at a leisurely pace with simple tools. Overall quality was very good. Made from quality materials. Only flaw was a small imperfection on the underside of one drawer front which I put on he bottom drawer so it can not be seen. Lots of positive comments from family and friends. Great for wheeling everything I need out to the patio for outside entertaining and as my appliance center for normal kitchen use. Recommended.
The 110 pound package arrived today, and it took 3 of us to assemble. I have assembled TONS of this kind of furniture by myself, but this was a 3 person assembly. We used wood glue on the dowels even though the instructions didn't call for glue, it was the only way to assemble parts of it. Now that it's completed I am very happy with the cabinet. There was a few little scratches on the doors, but most of my furniture is "rustic" so the little scratches don't really bother me. It fits exactly were I wanted it, and it stores a lot of stuff. Overall, I am very pleased with the cabinet.
This cart is very attractive and the red is stunning! A very true red, no orange here. The instructions are a little backward to me so I assembled the drawer side first. Attached the top of the base parts on the entire piece. I did not slide in the panel's until I was ready to attach bottom pieces. This way you don't have that loose wood peg issue, of trying to keep it together. It is secure with the hardware. It took me a couple of hours to assemble alone, and I am a girl. It is a decent product for the amount I paid!
I absolutely love it. Color was perfect for me. The directions state it take two people to put together. But being a recent widow I am only 1 person so I thought I would give it a shot. It probably took longer but I was able to put it together by myself. It is exactly as it was detailed. Plenty of storage in the cabinet part and drawers hold everything I needed them to hold. It adds a nice pop of color to my are. I couldn't be happier.
We are very happy with this cart. People compliment it all the time. The size was perfect for out space. We were going to buy one for ?800.00, obviously that was solid wood but, this worked out great and was so much less money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Love the color. Exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, this is a good product. It's not solid wood, parts are particle board but, you get what you pay for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I ordered this about a month ago. Once I recieved the order I took everything out of the box to start to put it together. One of the end pannels was broken. I called to get the replacment part. That took three more weeks to arrive. I put the island together. The instructions are very hard to understand. once I had it together It was awfull. It looked like the Island was black first then spray painted red. I would not recommend this to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked like it was spray painted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For what I paid I expected petter.
We really love this and it's great for what we needed.... Extra storage for appliances -crock pot, food processor and baking stuff. It was really frustrating to assemble and took 4 hours with two people assembling. The instructions were poor. Product is very cute and I get many compliments
This item is not for the impatient (like my husband!). . . assemblying this cart took patience, some skill, and ability to fit hands into tight places. this is the kind of project where you have to get all parts aligned (mostly the backing) otherwise the whole cart is off. My very skilled (and patient) mom came up to help me put it together (hubby wanted nothing to do with it!). Mom and I got it put together in about 3 hours and it was really fun to assemble with her (not with hubby!). I absolutely love this cart, the cutting board is a nice solid piece of wood...the painted pieces were all red, but varied in the shade of red, though the color is consistent throughout the exterior. Hubby loves it, too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Do No even think about assembly until you have a helper..the pegs did not fit the holes (kept falling out) so I had to use wood glue to hold pieces together until I could get the next part to assemble...if my helper had not been there I would have put it all in the fireplace, started a fire and had a glass of wine while it burned. But with the extra pair of hands to keep me from tossing the whole thing in the fireplace we got it assembled and it is great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality after assembly is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was perfect
Takes some thought and a few hours to assemble if working alone. The majority of the pieces are particle board with a synthetic veneer outer layer which makes the island heavy. The leaf sag's a little when put in the upright position. For just over $$$, its certainly cost competitive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. built to a price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This cart would have gotten an excellent from me if it weren't for two minor problems. It was pretty time consuming to assemble and the screws included to put the drop leaf hinges on were such poor quality that before you could get them tightened the heads popped off. This was easily remedied by getting new screws from the hardware store and then drill new pilot holes, but shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Overall we're very happy with the cart and it is very sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great. Very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great description. Very accurate representation of actual product.
As many others have stated- this is a bit tricky to put together and the directions can be a bit confusing. After it was completed- I LOVE IT! Perfect size for our small space and seems pretty heavy duty. I am looking forward to having this for years to come. Love that it is functional and beautiful.