We were disappointed with this purchase and chose to return for a refund because of the following items. The packaging was not sufficient to prevent damage to the item. Several pieces were damaged. The high gloss finish was not applied consistently leaving edges of the product with a rough uneven look. As we examined the pieces that came out of the first box, we found a fly baked right into the finish. Other pieces also had foreign material baked into them which hinted at a poor quality control for this product. We were so disappointed that we requested to return this product for a refund.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Highly Glossy Finish was not what we expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Diassapointed about quality of this product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site Description was clear
Functionality: If you don't mind chips, scratches, and flaws on a piece that is still functional, then perhaps you won't mind this item. It is still newly assembled in my kitchen. Thus far it has been functional, for the most part. I haven't used it yet with the leaf extended, but I have at least tried to extend it, and it looks nice and flat. One cabinet door will not close. There is a magnet that is supposed to holds both doors shut, but one keeps swinging back open. I don't know what causes this. Perhaps the door is warped, or one of the hinges is unevenly attached. Either way, I find a diy solution for the cabinet, because I prefer not to deal with returning it at this point. Overall, I needed this cart for storage, and it has met that need. Service: I think the folks who shipped the cart could do a better job of examining their product before sending it out. Otherwise, I have only great things to say about Overstock Customer Support. When I complained about chips and scratches, they were willing to do whatever it took to make me happy, whether it was order replacement parts, pay for a return pickup, etc. If you are picky about scratches and quality, this may not be the right purchase for you. If you expect flaws, and just need storage, and don't mind this price, then I think you'll be happy with this cart. Either way, I continue to do business with overstock, because their customer service is friendly and fair, and fairly hassle-free. Assembly: The hinges and much of the other hardware come already attached to the parts. For example, you needn't attach the drawer tracks to the veneer housing. There is one moment during assembly when two people were required, otherwise I managed most of it on my own. I'm a fairly small female, and it wasn't really that heavy to stand up and move around. I definitely wouldn't have been able to carry the initial package, so make sure at least two people handle the delivery. Size: The dimensions are exactly as stated. Just a tip if you plan to buy this and use it for silverware: The drawers are too small to house any standard sized silverware organizer. However, the drawers are deep, and can hold plenty of other things.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I was very impressed by the quality of this kitchen cart...especially for the cost!! I have seen similar items in stores for $500+ and not nearly as nice as this cart. The leaf provides an excellent added surface area which I just used for serving up a buffet style dinner for some guests at our home. Made our dining room table more open and roomy for our friends to visit without the table being so cluttered. Because it is on wheels, it made it very easy to bring the buffet set up next to the table so I could easily pass plates to the guests. This item was packaged very well and arrived damage free. Pretty easy to put together...my wife & I did so in about 1 hour of time. The savings of $200 made having to assemble this well worth the effort!! Thanks O.co!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Really impressive high quality product!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The box was shipped to home very fast. It's very heavy. If you are a lady, you may need a help to bring into your home. The kitchen cart is very beautiful just like the picture in the product description. It doesn't feel like cheap woods and the price is affordable. It's easy to assemble. It's very durable and stable too. Now it's sitting in my kitchen making this room looks a lot better!! Love it! Would recommend it for anybody.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
Such a useful item in a small kitchen with not much counter space. This changed the layout of the ktchen and provided much needed space. We no longer feel that we need to remodel right away. WIth this island we can delay remoded for year or two.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy, well made, good quality wood on the drop leaf, no defects anywhere.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I read several reviews before ordering this product and was a little leary about taking a chance. I am so glad I did! This cart is perfect for what I need in my kitchen. It was a challenge putting it together because I had a man helping me. But, other than that, it was a snap. All of the parts were there and everything was aligned as needed. Take the chance.
I have had this cart for three months and it is falling apart. The leaf extender does not stay up and when you put it up it does not go all the way. The door are all lopsided. The cam locks are all breaking. Basically spend the extra money and get something better quality
This product came quickly, had all of the pieces, and was not damaged in any way. Only downside is that when my kids push down on the fold out counter side it lifts the entire counter and anything on the fold out side falls to the floor. Love the item anyway!
The quality of this product is very low. Imagine the types of furniture that you'd find a ********, then go to the mid-to-low range of that, and you'll have an idea what you are getting. Everything is wobbly and flimsy, and I'm confident that if I ever had to move, this cart would get destroyed in the process. Is it just not built to last. Imagine if it were completely built out of heavy duty cardboard, and you'll get the feeling you have when you interact with this thing. I think if the price was $$$ it would probably be more reasonable, but $$$ for this seems out of line to me. It takes around 2-3 hours to put the whole thing together. The instructions are good though, and every piece has a number on it so you know what is what. There was only one part that was confusing (which direction to put the magnets that hold the doors closed), but you can save that until the end when it makes more sense. After I assembled this, we decided that it was just way too junky for our house, so right now it's sitting outside by the grill. So I guess I'm using it, but I'm not using it for my original intended purpose. If you're on the fence about this and trying to decide, my advice would be to spend a little more and get something nice at a furniture store.
It took 3 hours to assemble, but if you do it with a partner and while watching Iron Man, it's not so bad. :) Really happy with it. The quality is what you would expect for the price, which is to say, decent enough for our Airbnb rental. If I were buying it for my home, I'd choose something of a higher quality (& price to be sure!).
I read some of the reviews for this product. I am grateful all my peices came with the product. I didn't put it together but I paid my neighbor to do it he is good with items like this. It only took him 2 hrs. I wish it was all wood but there are parts that is that "carbonated wood". The counter appears to be real wood but I wouldn't take any chances on using it as a cutting board. I have and extra cutting board on top. The unti helps out with alot of space that was needed. I do like the fact that it does come with a leaf to have a little sitting nook.
As soon as I started taking the wood panel pieces out of the box, I knew I had to return it. the quality of the front panels for the drawers were so bad-- big gaps between the wood, jagged edges. I put them back and promptly returned this item. It looked nothing like that was pictured. What a huge disappointment!
First screw broke in the cart as it was being put in place. Had to make a rush trip to **** to purchase quality screws that would not break. Many, many, many parts to put together and was VERY complicated. Wheels do not work right at all. Got stuck in the middle of the project and could not figure it out. Handyman had to wait a day to regroup to complete it. I would not have been able to put it together myself so had to hire a handyman to do it and it cost me an additional *** due to the time it took to put it together. I will never purchase anything that needs to be assembled again! This was very poor quality and poor value!
Nice kitchen cart, the butcher blocks are short pieces fingered together. One block area was a little dark, but couldn't complain for the money. Once together is it quite sturdy. The end pieces spice and towel rack take up 12" together, so the actual butcher block top is 43". You could leave them off and buy small plugs for the holes if you wanted. Perfect addition to add counter space in your kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good value for the money and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
I would not recommend this product to anyone unless they fix the dowels problem. It was a very frustrating experience and repacking the pieces to send back was time consuming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. all the pieces were of good quality, but the fittings were poor. It was impossible to put the cabinet together because all the dowels were too small for the holes.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Unless you are a carpenter be prepared to spend hours assembling this cart. Only to discover pieces are missing rendering the cart useless. I am very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? GOOD
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product was good but the directions were terrible and a lot of hardware was missing. This caused the drop leaf to pull up the wood top on the cart when opened. We will now have to hire someone to fix this mess.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat accurate
quality-(fair to poor) due to a number of defects in paint, directions should have been much better, dowel holes way too large, we had to put the cart together, disassemble it, glue all dowel pins and reassemble the cart. This process took almost 3 days because we had to glue the dowels in phases in order for the glue to dry before we could proceed to assemble the next few pieces. I would have been more than pleased but due to all of these problems, I was not. The design of the cart is very good and if the quality matched it would have been a great buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color-accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality-fair to poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description-accurate