If you are contemplating buying these metal stools, I recommend you don't. I was very excited by the past reviews and did not take into great account the remarks about the welding at the joints of the chair. I was shocked to see just how poorly they were welded together. Very poor craftsmanship. The seat itself is comfortable but the back of the seat hits the lower thoracic spine so that leaning back is not comfortable. Customer service was terrific when discussing and making plans to return these items. I would not hesitate to order again from overstock.com because of their customer service. Thumbs up for customer service Thumbs down for this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor workmanship
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
If you need a stool for sitting and you are not so concerned with the look of quality, than these may be ok. I have found better quality and a nicer look for less money since I purchased and returned these to Overstock. This was a forty-some dollar mistake for me. Although the return process was fairly easy, lugging these huge boxes to be shipped and paying for the return will make me think twice about purchasing such a large item from Overstock next time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The silver finish looked more like a primer than a durable finish. There were wear marks on the finish just from shipping.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor finish and sloppy welds are what you see up close. From a distance they look nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I fell the description led me to believe that they were nicer than they actually were.
I was looking for a modern-ish look for our new kitchen. The metal seemed like a good choice as our orange leather wall color is hard to match. Unfortunately, the grey metal is not as shiney as the brushed nickel hardware on the cabinets and not the same color as the stainless steel appliance. THey are growing on me as our granite has some grey in it, but the chairs are not the "metal" finish I was expecting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looks like a matte spray painted silver/grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are not level on the floor and so they rock
These were not metal as advertised. They were painted metal. With a thick coat of a silvery blue paint. There were scratches in the paint and it was black where the scratches were. The legs were uneven so the chairs would not sit level no matter what kind of surface you sat them on. On one of the stools you could literally see that the one leg was an inch and a half too short compared to the other legs!. I have bought from here in the past and always had a great experience. But in this case I would not reccomend these stools. Especially for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The stools looked like a painted silver blue. Not metal.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap looking and chair legs were not even. Some legs were shorter than others. Chairs rocked and did not sit straight.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate. These were awful.
I ordered these barstools as an alternative to the more expensive Crate & Barrel version, and they have been great. They are a tinge more "gray" than they are completely silver, but they look great with my stainless steel kitchen appliances. I would highly recommend.
I saw this product in several higher end stores for considerably more.Im pleased with the overall look,comfort,and sturdiness of this product.The chairs were carefullly packaged to avoid scratches in transit and easy to uncrare. Very stylish looking,however the only area I noticed a need for improvement was by the backrest seamed area..it seemed to have a clumping of paint near the seams or welding spots...not a deal breaker,given the overall quality and affordability of the product. it just seemed to detract from the overall asethetic of an otherwise good product.