If you are contemplating buying these metal stools, I recommend you don't. I was very excited by the past reviews and did not take into great account the remarks about the welding at the joints of the chair. I was shocked to see just how poorly they were welded together. Very poor craftsmanship. The seat itself is comfortable but the back of the seat hits the lower thoracic spine so that leaning back is not comfortable. Customer service was terrific when discussing and making plans to return these items. I would not hesitate to order again from overstock.com because of their customer service. Thumbs up for customer service Thumbs down for this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor workmanship
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
If you need a stool for sitting and you are not so concerned with the look of quality, than these may be ok. I have found better quality and a nicer look for less money since I purchased and returned these to Overstock. This was a forty-some dollar mistake for me. Although the return process was fairly easy, lugging these huge boxes to be shipped and paying for the return will make me think twice about purchasing such a large item from Overstock next time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The silver finish looked more like a primer than a durable finish. There were wear marks on the finish just from shipping.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor finish and sloppy welds are what you see up close. From a distance they look nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I fell the description led me to believe that they were nicer than they actually were.
I was looking for a modern-ish look for our new kitchen. The metal seemed like a good choice as our orange leather wall color is hard to match. Unfortunately, the grey metal is not as shiney as the brushed nickel hardware on the cabinets and not the same color as the stainless steel appliance. THey are growing on me as our granite has some grey in it, but the chairs are not the "metal" finish I was expecting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looks like a matte spray painted silver/grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are not level on the floor and so they rock
These were not metal as advertised. They were painted metal. With a thick coat of a silvery blue paint. There were scratches in the paint and it was black where the scratches were. The legs were uneven so the chairs would not sit level no matter what kind of surface you sat them on. On one of the stools you could literally see that the one leg was an inch and a half too short compared to the other legs!. I have bought from here in the past and always had a great experience. But in this case I would not reccomend these stools. Especially for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The stools looked like a painted silver blue. Not metal.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap looking and chair legs were not even. Some legs were shorter than others. Chairs rocked and did not sit straight.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate. These were awful.
This review is for my first set of barstools. The stools are great for our galley counter in our kitchen. I was concerned about the workmanship since other reviewers complained about 1) the finish 2) the joint welds. Both I think were fine. The metal finish was fine and I actually compared this to a Crate & Barrel chair in their showroom, and I like this one better. The C&B one was streaky- maybe they are going for a hand finished look. The finish on this is a metallic grey more than a silver. The joint welds are not perfect, yes they are sort of bubbly. But they were the same 'bubbly' look as the C&B ones. I liked the look (the back and the finish) of these overstock ones better and they were less expensive. The metal of these chairs make these very lightweight chairs, also similar to C&B chair weight. It sort of feels cheap, like those old school metal folding chairs. I bought C&B cushions for the stools and they look phenomenal, the chair is then comfortable. If you don't get a cushion, yes the chairs are a bit cold to sit on (just like other reviewers stated). They arrived packages perfectly with protective flexible foam wrapped around the parts that might rub together during shopping. There was a piece of thin plywood on each end of the box too and so these stools arrived in excellent shape. My second set of barstools were thrown into a box without any protective foam and they were all scratched up. Overstock customer service was AWESOME. They shipped out a replacement set quickly and had UPS pick up the damaged chairs. I recommend these chairs for functionality, style, and price.
Strolls arrived on time, but all fourfold them had scratches on the front of the seats. After contacting the manufacturer several times, they are giving us a allowance (small monetary) for the damages and sending us touch up paint. The paint nor the allowance has not arrived and it has been 3 weeks. The stools look great in our kitchen and are very comfortable, but I should have returned them for a replacement. They were not damaged by packaging because they were packed very well.
I really liked the way these stools looked on the website, but unfortunately they were not of the quality I desired. I think they are probably pretty sturdy and will serve the needs of many people, but the high visibility and high use location I have these in demands a better product. The price point seems a bit high for the quality of the stools, so I suggest this is reassessed by Overstock. As others have noted, the welds don't look so great and the paint can be chipped and scratched before you ever get them out of the box. I am returning the stools, which is unfortunate considering it costs me money. Still love Overstock though. This is my first-ever return due to a quality issue like this after many several years of purchasing.
These are extremely sturdy. I loved the fact that they came to my door (didn't have to go out shopping & lug them back). They were packaged extremely well. The company makes a "crate" type support for the chairs out of wood inside the cardboard box so they arrive safe & sound. Would definitely buy again.
The height is the same as our other stools and the color is what I expected (silver paint not stainless steel or chrome). Overall these chairs fit our needs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes (silver not chrome)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The welds show slightly but overall nice look
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I do not recommend these for every day...... occasional seating is fine
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not very good at all......
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, but I did not read between the lines!!
These stools are excellent - - extremely durable, functional and art-deco stylish. Great price, too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is a tad industrial, but excellent - - just what we were looking for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
These stools are great! They are very sturdy. Unless you are very heavy these will do nicely. Color is great! Although they are not stainless steel (all who thought they were did not read the description) the color is very close to SS. From across the room neither of us can see any real difference in the color. Fits well with the stainless appliances in our kitchen. As to the hardness of the seats mentioned by other reviewers; a couple of pads from Ikea did the trick.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly. All of the reviews that state "not stainless" didn't (couldn't) read the description! "Finish: Silver powder coat"
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good sturdy stools.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
love them, BUT they came with many damages. don't you guys check the items BEFORE they ship????????????
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exACT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. FAIR
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? vERY