Love this chair! It's bigger than I expected it to be, but I'm planning to order a second and use them in place of a loveseat. There is minor assembly to do when you receive the chair but it literally took me 15 minutes. Only thing I wish I had done differently was Scotch Guard the pieces before I put them together--like I said, it's big and I think it may be tricky to get out the door so I can Scotch Guard it outside. If you were moving it up or down stairs, I'd move the pieces first and then assemble them in place. One thing I couldn't tell from the product photo is that the script is in both brown and black. I like the way it looks, but just FYI.
I have owned several linen upholstered pieces. The quality of the fabric is a distinct advantage and adds that certain touch of luxury. The chairs are very well constructed, and the accent pillows are perfect. I saw the same fabric on tv show revenge-based on the rich and famous of the Hamptons. I really felt like I had that fine furniture not usually available to the people. I only wish there were more items like this. I am very aware of the upholstery fabrics and the difference it makes. This one is perfection.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. supurb
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
To make my traditional living room a bit more trendy without being too contemporary, I ordered this chair, a little apprehensive about ordering online without actually seeing the product first hand. The chair was very easy to assemble and went together quickly. It is sturdy, solid and a comfortable size, bigger than I thought it would be. Since it doesn't have arms, it doesn't get used that often, and is more of an accent chair than one for lounging in. I've had this chair for several months now, and it is holding up well, although it isn't sat in everyday. I've had many compliments on it and am very pleased with this chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very solid and well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These chairs are very cute, but the script on the fabric is a bit nonsensical. Noticeably, the word "mademoiselle" is missing an "L". As others have mentioned, these chairs are very light, which made them easy to assemble and move around even for just one person. I think the quality of the chair is just average, but then again, they weren't that expensive, so I suppose you get what you pay for.
I have mixed reviews about this piece. I had to take some time to calm down after I got the first set. Here goes.... I bought 2 chairs to go with my brown leather couch for my living room. My first thought when I saw the box was this was someone's return. The box was mangled and taped together like someone repackaged it. So I opened this one first and before I even finished taking out all the pieces I noticed that it was broken. I was so upset because I was trying to get ready for the holidays and needed the chairs. I quickly contacted overstock and they resent another. I'm still waiting for the manufacture to contact me to pick up the broken one. Next I noticed the writing was black and grey not black and brown as the description states.. It doesn't really go with my brown couch nor wood coffee table. But I know overstock's return will cost me more than my dissatisfaction. So I choose to keep it. I put the second one together and didn't have any problems. The new one arrived a week later (after my party) and I put it together. I noticed one of the feet were missing one of the non-mark foot glides and another leg was scratched (good think I have the broken one to replace it). When I turned the chair over it was completely un-level. Thinking it was the floor, I moved it to another spot on the floor and it was still severely un-level. I got out a tape measure and measured the legs. They all seamed to be the correct length. I figured it was because the fabric was pulled nice and tight and it warped the cheap wooden frame. We've been sitting on it for over a week now and it seems to have settled a little it although my husband thinks it more level from the cardboard he folded under one of the legs. The good in all of this is the overstock person I worked with was very nice. The chairs are nice too look at, it's a firm seat but still comfortable (when not rocking back and forth from being un-level). I give it a fair rating b/c the build quality is poor but the fabric and design are nice. I don't think I'll be ordering from this manufacture again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ehhh.... It's black and grey writing but otherwise it is as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Again; Ehhhh..... I had to send one back b/c it was broken. It's made of cheap wood frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Almost accurate
Needed an occasional chair that complimented my sofa and brought my living room into a contemporary setting. I was afraid the top cushion on the chair would be always sliding off, but it only looks separate. It's firmly attached. I'm short(5'3) and the chair is deep so you'll want an extra little pillow behind you. But that's no problem. Overall, I love it, love it, love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A bit lightweight, but sturdy. Well constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I could not be more pleased, what a beautiful addition to the room, along with many other "Overstock" deals ! The detail and fabric are everything I had pictured from the website. Thanks to the measurements provided on the site, it fit perfectly in the spot where I intended it to be. A friend was visiting, fell in love with it, couldn't believe the price and has ordered one for her home!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to the color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, construction good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on target
Score!! We wanted to update our living room, and a pair of these chairs was the perfect place to start. They are contemporary in style, but the fabric is a nice bridge to a more transitional feel if you're like us and want to mix it up. Aside from how great-looking these chairs are, one of the best things about our purchase is how amazing overstock was. I ordered the chairs on a Sunday, and they arrived at my door in perfect shape on Wednesday of the same week. Most impressive! Now, to figure out what to do with the rest of the room! Thank you, overstock!!
We are so happy with this chair! It looks great and is really great quality for the money! It would be great if there was a matching ottoman available. The one that overstock has in the same fabric is the wrong size and style for the chair. It's a shame because I would happily buy an ottoman too! Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the pic on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality and weight is better than expected for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
This chair is exactly what I wanted. It has a creamy tone to it with a print that is really interesting and not too busy, with rather random words in French. The words are in a combination of black and a taupey brown...perfect for my decor. The chair is relatively easy to put together, and like other reviewers I Scotchguarded it before assembly. After much searching I also found a beautiful (and inexpensive) rug at Lowes that looks gorgeous with this; it's called "Yotta" and has the same shades of cream, black and brown in a rather contemporary design. My husband and I love the chair so much that we ordered a second one, and now our room is complete. This chair can probably fit with any decor...from traditional to contemporary. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Would call it more towards cream than tan.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good
love it!!! such a wonderful edition to my room. just a little light and maybe a little more firm than i would have liked--but at least my cushions won't sag!! that's MUCH worse.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very firm seat, pretty good quality though very light weight
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Chair arrived very quickly. It was very easy to assembly. Looks great in my bedroom, added a softer touch to leather furniture. Only complaint, color was more yellow than tan. Still love the chair anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little more yellow than tan
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? vey accurate.
This chair is very unique and beautiful in person. The actual color may be a little darker than appear on the computer screen. I don't have any problem with the chair at all. It is quite comfortable. I was worry about the fabric might be too rough like the similar chair I found in the other store, but it is not rough at all. It is a good size chair and fit perfectly in my office. Very French looking, chic and it has that modern mix with the old world feel. I got so much complements from my guests. You can't beat the price. It was arrived promptly in good condition. The assembly was easy and no tool was required. I'm happy with my purchase. The only thing is I wish it is an armchair, so I can rest my arms on something. If your are looking for a scripted print accent chair, order this one. It is well worth the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I read the reviews about the assembly but my two chairs went together quite easily - so I am very pleased. One reviewer said the seat cushons are a bit large - I agree- but not insurmountable. Also I thought that slipper chairs were traditionally a bit smaller. These two chairs compete with space in my living room across from our sofa, so this is not a purchase for a small space. Love the fact that they came with matching pillows.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes; the fabric is made up of fibers that have a little slub (they get wider in spots along the length) and it give just a touch of texture and richness
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is very high for what I paid
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The description was very accuate; nice solid construction with attention to details. The 'brown" in the manuscript inks is a bit more "malt" incolor -still, it is just fine.
The chair arrived quickly and in excellent condition like all Overstock products do. The chair is large, well made, really comfortable and sturdy. It looks like it was purchased at a nice furniture store. I would say the chair is more firm then soft, which is what I wanted. It is very comfortable to sit in, as you do sink down into it some. It is sturdy enough for a bigger person to sit in it or honestly, I think two smaller people could cuddle on it. Legs are thick and very dark dark brown, i honestly can't distinguish just looking at it if they are dark brown or black. Legs will hold up well, not flimsy. The material of the chair is durable with many threads, not thin, and should be easy to clean. It is comfortable and the coloring is off white, it is soft, not scratchy or anything. The script is beautiful, in different fonts and I would say it is written in colors of milk chocolate, Dark brown and Black. The black doesn't stick out there, it all mixes very nice and is so versatile it could be used with any neutral colors well. It comes with a larger lumbar pillow that looks great. I added a blue pillow to it and it looks fabulous. I believe I could use this with any color scheme and I am know I will keep this chair for a very long time. I am 100% satisfied. I mixed it in our apartment with our "Industrial-antique" look and it looks great. Because of it slight curved top, it does sit away from the wall a bit, but we have a small apartment and it still worked well. My husband put it together in probably less then 10 minutes, and I didn't hear any complaints or grumblings about needing any special tools or anything. I am sure I could have put it together. I would buy this again, with no question and I highly recommend it.
This arrived within a week of ordering it. It's basically two major parts; the back and then the seat. Then, of course, the easy-to-attach legs. FYI, the seat cushion is attached to the bottom of the chair so it won't slip out under you. At first I thought it was missing the hardware but I found it and the instructions zipped up in the bottom portion of the chair. It's exactly as it looks in the picture. I use it as a side chair for reading in my bedroom. It's not soft but it is comfortable. I'm very happy with my purchase!
Although the chair is really nice to look at, i don't find it comfortable to sit on at all. it's hard and it doesn't "give" when u sit on it. it might need to be "broken in"
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good resemblance
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is ok chair shifts a bit
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
You cannot see that this is a wonderful "linen" type fabric until you get them out, but the delicate crosshatch is quite nice. I loved them the second I sat in one! I don't think any seating can be loved unless it is comfy! These gave my living room the finishing touch I needed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar to photo used here.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I really love this new chair. I am using it in my bedroom and it fits my decorating plan quite well. I was a little surprised that it seems larger than I imagined it, but the size is not a problem. I also like that it is as comfortable as it is pleasing to the eye.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as described. Fabric is very nice and the printing on it is clear. It is neutral enough to work well with my decorating plan.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This chair is comfortable and sturdy. I am using it in my bedroom as an accent and to sit on when reading or putting on my shoes.