First, the curtains are gorgeous. Heavy, lined dupioni silk, exactly as described, well-made and will probably last for years. One word of warning though: If, like me, you are buying the "lily white" drapes because you want something that is a true, pure white, be aware that while the actual silk is white, the lining and interlining are more of a natural canvas. So unfortunately, once you hang them on the window and the sun shines through them, they appear more of a creamy off-white. It's not like it's an ugly color or anything, it's just no longer really "white," and if the rest of the white accents in your room are, then the drapes are going to look dingy in comparison. It's a shame, because seriously: these things look like they cost way more than they do, and frankly they're not cheap (especially for overstock) to begin with. Still, overall, I can't complain -- the quality is excellent and they'll never go out of style. They'd probably be fine as "dummy panels," since as I say, the color only becomes an issue when the light shines through them.
Originally I ordered these for my living room. They are very high qualify, the raw silk is beautiful. However they were shorter than 84" too short for the look I wanted and the lining is disappointing, being very yellow. I loved them so much I figured I could live with the lining, I returned them for the longer 96". Much to my surprise the 96" panels have a WHITE lining!!!! They are simply beautiful!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? could be better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? decent
I had originally ordered the shorter ones, big mistake. I sent them back for the 96". These are so beautiful the shorter one's had a yellow lining which came through with the light. These have a thick white lining Now these are still off white but not yellow/gold, more of a raw silk look. They are not flat. Even my mom was shocked at the quality and agreed they look custom. Note these are very heavy! I ordered 3 panels and the package was over 15lbs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
These curtains are really beautiful hung over my slicing glass doors. Quality is superior, and because they have three layers (silk front, flanel interlining, & cotton lining), they do a good job of blocking light for a good sleeping environment. I just ordered 2 more sets of these curtains, which would have cost a lot more if bought at another store. I would give these 10 stars if I could.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Says white, and it is, but not hospital white. Lighter than ivory.
- How is the quality of the product? excellent - better than anticipated
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? description was very accurate
I finally found the perfect drapes for my Great Room. They are double lined Raw Dupioni Silk Panels. They have the exact look that I wanted to create and they are gorgeous. They are elegant yet very plain and simple. I have been buying and returning drapes for the past 2 months. It was really getting costly and time consuming! I finally got it right and found these drapes, incredible I love them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is beautiful and looks like the photo shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the drapes were outstanding!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I have bought several things on Overstock but this has got to be the best purchase. The quality of these drapes are fantastic. They look custom, beautiful fabric, extremely thick and heavy. The weight and thickness was a great surprise. For the price I was expecting silk dupioni with a light backing and questionable stitching. Not so! They look very similar to the ones I paid close to $2,000 to have custom made for my dining room!!! I have never seen off the rack drapes at any store that compare to these and the price is incredible.
I am working on a beachy theme for my bedroom and these curtains are ideal. Order! You won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of these curtains is truly accurate.
Great quality - very heavy, well crafted drape. Only negatives: can't be hung by O rings, required much testing to determine how to dewrinkle. We ended up ironing lightly with signifcant steam pressing - directly onto the drape (which we were hesitant to do), and they were not damaged. They were the a great addition to our dining room, we hold them back with rope ties. The hardware we chose is dark carved wood, and the light sheen on these simple drapes offsets wonderfully.
Purchased these for a baby room that is grey, yellow, and crisp white. I was putting them close to pure white crown molding so I needed them to be very white. I was worried that they were going to be off white...but they were perfect. Beautiful and classy. When the light comes through they look a little off white but not enough to notice. They are great quality; heavy and thick and they hang beautifully. I would highly recommend these if you're looking for pure white dupioni silk curtains!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality
WOW! These are absolutely beautiful. High end window treatments at great price. Definitely recommend these to anyone. At night they have a beautiful sheen that looks they are under candlelight.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
Purchased two panels for large dining room window. I was a little hesitant about ordering these because I wanted a true white, so I only ordered two initially. I am so glad that these did not disappoint! Beautiful textured snow white silk! Will be ordering two more panels to complete my look. My window gets a lot of direct sunlight, so while they are lined and quite heavy...during the day they are not completely opaque. I am considering having a blackout lining added to mine to create that opaque effect all day long. Beautiful, subtle sheen in the evening when the chandelier light is on. Gorgeous! If snow white silk is what you are looking for, the quality and price cannot be beat!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color consistent with description and photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality; heavy; custom quality look and feel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Curtain looks like a very expensive custom drape. I was very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is not as white. A off white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality awesome. Well made. Very good fabric
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
In the picture this drapes appear very elegant and appears soft like silk is. However when I received it, it was too late to return it. It was very thick which is good for me since I sleep in the day-time (night shift nurse). However, it's so thick that there is no movement in it. In the day time it looks like linen, which makes me feel like I overpaid for it. Only at night with the lights dimmed does it have the slight shine that silk is suppose to have.
The curtains we received are gorgeous. The silk is a true "raw" silk, with the subtle luster (not too shiny)), and natural nubs/texture one would expect. The color of our Lily White curtains is a true white; the lining and heavy interlining are also a true white. There is a heavy duty drapery pin strip along the back, at the top, so one has the option to hang the curtain panels using pins and rings (rather than rod pocket). We hung ours using this method, and the look, when hanging from rings, is absolutely custom. They look like a huge custom investment. The quality and look are terrific! Thank you for offering a wonderful product.
We have searched for curtains everywhere looking for the right color and texture. These curtains are absolutely perfect. The are not white white but more of a lined white. The are textured fabric which adds to the elegant look of the curtains. People have come over asking where I had my curtains custom made, because they look so good. I have found many great things on overstock including beautiful shag rugs for the rooms to match these curtains. These are a great but and I highly recommend.