I purchased these panels for a triple french door in my kitchen/lounge area. The three doors have wooden blinds but I wanted to add something to give the area some softness and warmth. The color matches my walls perfectly and since I have high ceilings I am mounting them at eight feet and adding a contrasting fabric to the bottom. I have the same fabric in a valance on my back door and on a table runner so it pulls it all together. As another reviewer stated they are non light filtering so if you want privacy you will have to line them. I have hung mine with ring and clip to create folds. I am going to purchase two more to add to each side to give them a bit more fullness. Overall, when finished I have a very custom look at a very reasonable price. Also, these are dry clean only!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a true natural linen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fabric quality is excellent, but remember these are linen, so lots of wrinkles
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as pictured
I was hesitant to order this without seeing it first because so many of the ready made curtains available in the stores are of such low quality. My friend the designer told me she orders these frequently because of the quality.They were beautifully made and a very nice fabric. They are very sheer, not because of a loose weave, but it you need them for blackout in a bedroom, they will need to be lined or purchase a black out liner to go underneath.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color. This is a beautiful natural linen color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I hesitated before writing this review. As stated in the product description, these curtains are somewhat see-through. For our intended purpose (for use on northern-facing bedroom windows without much light), this was perfect, as they do let in light. However, after reading other reviews about how well made these curtains are, I must say I am perplexed. They are a straight panel of fabric. Period. If by "well made," previous reviewers meant that the seams are straight, then I agree. But beyond that, the quality seems unremarkable. Still, I like the color, the linen fabric, and the simple style -- and they do look nice in our bedroom. That said, if someone had spread them before me and said, "I bought these on overstock. How much do you think they cost?" I would probably have guessed about half the amount that I actually paid. I'm keeping them, but in my opinion, the cost is not commensurate with the quality of the product.
I found these panels to be exactly what I was looking for. They are just heavy enough to hang nice and the perfect color, allowing light to filter through but giving plenty of privacy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality, both curtains are the same length.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was accurate
I ordered 8 curtain panels to go in my family room. One of the panels has yellow stains on it. Overstock doesn't have anymore of these curtain panels (size/color) so I'm left with the option to either spend extra money to try and see if the stain will come out via dry cleaning, or I will have to return all 8 panels because I don't have enough to do my entire living room. The curtains are a simple sheet of linen with a pole pocket and hems. Anyone who can sew a simple straight line could make these curtains themselves. I knew that based on previous reviews, but didn't feel like going to the fabric store, measuring, cutting, and sewing my own panels. But now I either have to keep the stained product and hope the stain comes out, or go thru all the hassle of returning them all. In the future I think I will sew my own.
These are a little on the expensive side in the Overstock range of drape panel prices, but they are extremely inexpensive given the superior quality of the workmanship and fabric. I wanted 100% linen in a natural color because linen holds up to sun the best of any fabric and they're going to be on a southeast window. And anything longer than 84" is getting hard to find, we needed 96" and I was relieved to see these were available in that length. "Sheers" is a little bit of a misnomer, they are semi-sheers -- and had it not been for previous reviews saying that they were heavier than a sheer and lighter than a drape, I might not have bought them. And I would have been sorry because I would have missed out on the perfect drapes for my living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The pic is a little darker than the real thing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superb!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
Gorgeous high end look, quality fabric. Light filtering while still offering privacy. . Updates a stuffy formal dining room yet maintains an elegant look. Thrilled with them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very