The price seemed to good to be true, but the wood was strong,finish consistent and hardware is complete and well constructed. The hardest part was assembling the hinges; the holes are predrilled,but a second set of hands is needed to align while the other tightens. Assembly was very basic, "a box" with corners. Screws were quality material. Sturdy enough to sit on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? realistic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. strong wood,even stain,strong hardware,instructions to assemble straightforward
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly what I expected, shipping was concise considering finished dimensions
This is nice and big, been looking for one of these for a while. I put this together myself in a short period of time. Only difficulty was lining up the holes to brackets to connnect lid to base. If I had a helper, It would have been no problem. It is still residing in my kitchen eat-in area, so I am unsure how it will hold up under the patio. I think the price was great and can't beat the free shipping. I have been an Overstock customer for a long, long time, and I think anyone looking for a nice, hefty storage box would be happy with this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks to be OK, I beleive they included brass screws which shoudl not rust (I think). A nice surprise is a dark blue plasticlining that was included, it attaches to interior of box with velcro. Makes it nice and will keep out bugs, moisture, and critters.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This ventilated box (all but the lid has open slats) was exactly what I needed so I ordered it. It arrived damaged: a corner of the box was splintered off. Customer service was awesome and sent me a second one right away. When it arrived it was also damaged in several places! Luckily between the two sets I had enough unbroken pieces to make one full box. It's a cheap product, but does look more well made than it is when the unbroken pieces were put together. For the price, I'd buy something else.
We bought the box to store gardening stuff on our deck. Assembly was easy, it looked good. That was three years ago. It has not held up well. The pegs that hold the bottom in place have splayed so the bottom is falling out, though the contents are not heavy. The finish is splotchy, i guess we should have stained or painted it, but were not instructed to do this.
The wood was cracked in several places when we unpacked the deck box. The good news is Overstock immediately sent a new one. The bad news is that he 2nd box had he same problems. They credited our account for the costs. Overstock asked us to return only one of the boxes and made all the arrangements for it to be picked up. The 2nd box ended up in the trash.
The box came broken - several wood pieces were splintered and two pieces were completely broken. We called Overstock who kindly said that we could return the box for another. However, even if the wood were not broken, it was light weight, thin, and incapable of holding anything more than inflatable toys. We would not have been able to hold heavy pillows outside in the rain in that box. Overstock returned our money and did not retrieve the box. They have always been a great place to buy. It is a shame that the box was such cheap quality.
This box was relatively easy to assemble. Better instructions would have been beneficial. I have had the item fewer than 4 weeks, so it is too early to say if this is a durable box. It is very attractive on our pool deck. We have a boogie board, 4 pool noodles and several small toys stored in it, so the storage capacity is good. One complaint that I have immediately is that there is a place at the top where the box was cracked and there is actually a plug of wood that was used to correct the problem. I can live with it, for $200. It looks like an expensive piece. The box is not in any way water resistant, so if you put towels or cushions in this box, you will have wet towels or wet cushions. I am not overly handy, but I assembled the box with just a bit of assistance from my son holding the pieces. It was not terribly difficult. You will have to rely on common sense, because the instructions are pitiful. This box has a very rich, warm look. So far it has weathered well. Only time will tell, however. It is roomy and looks nice. I think the wood might split easily if not handled carefully.
I received this item twice. The first time, the package arrived damaged from UPS - dented, partially open - and one of the wood pieces was splintered. I immediately filed a claim with UPS, called Overstock, and they arranged a replacement shipment. The second package arrived intact, but as soon as I opened it, the very first piece was also splintered. I concluded that the wood is just not able to survive even well-packaged shipment. My only disappointment with Overstock with regard to the transaction was that the associate I spoke with initially suggested that I needed to haul the 70 lb. package to UPS for return. That wasn't the best approach, given that this was the second consecutive damaged item (and a rather bulky and heavy one). When I protested, he then offered to submit a call tag for UPS to pick it up. I can't recommend this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is poor quality and splintered during shipment
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I was very pleased with the storage box once I had it assembled. However, the instructions that came with it were minimal, especially regarding attaching the lid and hinges. The cut-outs for the hinges were not lined up well. It took two people to hold the lid and the box while the hinges were being attached. I was pretty frustrated before I finally had the three lid hinges attached. However, once done, it looks great. I coated the wood with cutting board oil and it repels water nicely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, but attaching hinges on the cover was extremely difficult and instructions were very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
beautifull wood. like vented slats for ventilation
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
For the price, the box was not the quality I expected. However, it is spacious and nice looking for the patio. The interior can hold a lot of things that I do not want to plane sight on my patio but want easy access to when using the out door patio setting and furniture. Thee wood does not have a hard finish on it, so the box can be painted to match my furniture. .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture looks better than the product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not well assembled with hardware for me to complete. Holes out of alignment, feet not secure on box,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close
Really beautiful storage box for the patio. The color is beautiful and it was very easy to assemble. The middle hinges were a bit off, so I had to do a little maneuvering, but otherwise it was a snap to put together. For the price, can't beat it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
This box/bench is quite sturdy and well-made. Putting it together is definitely a two-person job, although not complicated--it's just impossible to hold the pieces in place while also putting in the screws. This box holds quite a bit and looks nice.
Although we had to have two pieces re-sent due to damage, they arrived and we were able to easily put this together. It is plenty big to fit my son's outdoor toys. We did spray paint the piece - the color didn't really go with our style.