I bought 2 boxes. Missing parts, damaged parts, and wrong parts in both. plan on having at least one light unusable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality control poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
I hope the lights recharge better than they do in the winter. I really like the style of the Shepherd's Lantern and the value for the price of six.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product is shinny and new as on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The solar panels came with recharegable batteries but the lights are dim and don't work throughout the night since it is winter.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
They are good looking however the missing threaded coupler made for a fix by my husband. Otherwise one light would be hanging about a foot shorter than the others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect if they had arrived complete.
This was my first purchase on Overstock, and I must say it will probably be my last. For the money, I expected that these outdoor lights would be of some sort of quality; however, from the moment I opened up the first box and began to put the lantern together I knew I was in trouble. These made in China, plastic lanterns are not worth the money I spent. The screws came undone, the pieces that were to go into the ground BROKE OFF because they were cheap plastic!! I tried to salvage them as the "plastic sticks" I had to screw together could work sometimes, most of the mechanisms used for screwing the pieces together to actually hang the lantern from DID NOT WORK. I have never purchased anything online this poor of quality. I am above disappointed with my purchase. Overstock, unfortunately you have lost a costumer in me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? plastic, was unaware they would be flimsy
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. absolute garbage--
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
I love the garden lights, and they work very well so far. I placed some in my flower beds in the back yard and what a difference they make in the look. The others I place up my walkway and they give enough light to see your way easily. I live in good ole sunny California so they get good Sun Power.
We were disappointed in the quality...two of the six lanterns were poorly crafted and the pieces didn't fit together properly. The folks at Overstock were great in helping me get replacement parts....BUT the company stopped making the product....
I was pleased upon inspecting the hanging lanterns of the features and quality for the cost. I have had outdoor lanterns previously that did not feature the number of solar panels around the top cover etc. that this product has.Highly recommend!
The lanterns are very nice looking and put out a lot of light. Only problem is that the when the wind blows the shepherd hooks work loose and won't stay screwed together.Plus the ground anchors are cheap plastic and one has already broken due to the wind blowing and I've only had them out 1 day. Luckily I kept shepherd hooks from an old set and replaced it with one of them. I have a feeling I'll be replacing more. Other than that they are nice.
There were six boxes containing solar lights in the order. In two of the boxes the light within was dangling loose. In another it was split apart and dangling. I was able to repair all of the above units so did not return the order but Overstock should consider terminating this supplier for lack of quality control.
Out of six lanterns, only two are not broken. The hooks/rods you have to screw together broke immediately because the threads are too short and won't tighten. I ended up having to jerry rig them to stand up at all and now all are at different lengths and frankly probably looks ridiculous. I really was so disappointed because the style was really neat. they are very bright and pretty otherwise. I am looking for something similar now to replace these or have to find some other little poles to hang the lanterns on. Do not buy these.
Assembling was easy, the enclosed screws, however, were manufactured much too short to provide much stabilty to the base pieces in the event of wind. We ended up purchasing longer screws, so each base piece had enough length. Backing out the provided screws from one piece to accomodate the adjoining piece resulted in one of the base posts not having enough on it's end and the post was wobbly and unsupported.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes, color was as presented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good quality, priced right for plastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description, however I would add that the lighting is white (vs amber or warmer tone of other solar lights I've seen and owned).