I purchased this light fixture under the impression the glassd shades were actually fabricated in art-glass style. The shades are painted and the finish has small defects on every shade. Great if it's mounted high enough not to notice. But not what I expected. However, it's going up and I guess not to expect much for this price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was somewhat darker than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the finish is marginally acceptable - NOT ART GLASS - glass shades are painted and the finish has several defects (bubbles in the paint)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not that accurate
The finish on the fixture is nice, however, the actual glass shades look off white in the picture and in reality they are a tan color. The arms on the fixture holding the other bulbs are not evenly distributed. So for the OCD person like myself, it will bother you. Also if you are looking for a dimmable light fixture, this one is not it. I thought it was but once installed I found out otherwise. It does have a turn switch on the fixture to turn on a "night light" feature, which maybe replaces the dimmer part. All in all for the do-it-yourself type, it is a bit hard to install and definitely need another person or two to help. It is installed and we are keeping it.
I like my new chandelier because it definitely is not cookie cutter like so many other ones you see. We hung this in our formal living room and it really makes a nice touch. I wish the shades were a little more creamy in color like the picture shows. They are darker more in a gold or mustard tone when the light is off. The center light uses night light bulbs (7 watts) so you can hardly even notice they are switched on if you have the main light on. This light has 3 settings. You will have to decide which ones you want on if you hang it high like we did because the switch to change it is on the light itself and you cannot add a pull string like you do with ceiling fans.
I am happy with the chandelier and exceptionally pleased with the customer service I received from overstock.com
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? i was under the impression that the glass was more transperent and that the colore would be lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality of the product is quite good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the discription was presented well
I bought this light for my dining room and I live it! The colors of the shades were exactly what I was I was looking for. Assembly and installation were quick and easy, I would definitely recommend this light.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are pretty much dead on to the site picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's not a top of the line light but for the money it is definitely worth it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate