For the first month this rug was great. I bought it in "fig" and the color was just as the picture portrayed it. It was a perfect match for my living room. It was thick and fluffy, and added great depth and texture to the room. But after about a month, it began shedding like crazy. There are big purple fuzz balls ALL over the house, and I am constantly having to vacuum - and who has time to vacuum every single day?! When I put my baby down to crawl on it for less than a minute, she has huge purple fuzz balls entangled and hanging from her fingers and toes. GROSS! There is no end to the shedding and I am so disappointed. Just looking at the rug is Great! But the shedding and nasty fuzzies everywhere won't do. So I am back to the long search for a similar fig colored rug that won't shed like this terrible thing!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
We purchased this rug in July and when it arrived, I thought it was THE most gorgeous, thick, shag rug (in peacock), that I had ever seen. Within a few days, I started seeing large amounts of shedding all over the house and the furniture. I tried to sweep the rug, to rid it of any loose carpet, but it began to ruin our sweeper. Soon the rug started to look like matted dog fur, and now (in December) it is getting stuck in my daughters hair and matting her hair together. I have NEVER experienced something like this happening from a rug? It has ruined our furniture by getting caught in the fabric and causing it to pill. *** down the drain.
The only bad reviews I saw on this rug was the fact it sheds. Well, anyone who has had normal new carpets knows it sheds for a while. Add that this is shag and of course it will shed. I've had it for a week so far and vacuum it every other day--backwards because you can't push the vacuum forward thru the high shag. It will eventually stop shedding just like whole house carpet. This is a very acceptable "issue" when compared to the beauty of the rug. I got Sage and it's perfect. It's beyond soft! I have no need to put a pad underneath it. I hope it withstands the wear and tear my family will dish out.
I LOVE this rug. I purchased a 2x3 and had to order the 8x10 because I loved it so much. The Sage green is very earthly greenish/gray color that is perfect on my natural slate floors. The rug is plush, thick, soft and very attractive! I am very pleased with the color and the quality of this rug. Super fast delivery, also !!
The rug's size, shape, color and texture are as described. My main concern is that it immediately plugs up my vacuum, even on the "thickest" carpet setting. I have had to hand-vacuum the rug using an attachment, which is inconvenient, and even then I don't feel as though I'm getting deeply into the rug to clean it thoroughly. It continues to shed small fuzz balls after two vacuumings, so keep your black sweaters away from it. Very comfortable to walk on-- superplush.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is as described-- a light yellow.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thick pile. Can't speak to how well it will hold up over time.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product was described accurately.
Love this carpet. Soft, beautiful, and plush. So glad I ordered it. You won't be disappointed when you get it. After ordering several area rugs, and they were so disappointing, it was great to finally get one that fit the description and arrive on time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great color match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description.
This was intended for a guest room that also receives quite a bit of traffic towards the bathroom. It was SO PLUSH, too plush for me and very very soft. It also had kind of a "messy" look but I suppose that is what shag is supposed to be. I decided shag wasn't for me, I wanted something with less height (the threads seems to be 2 or 3 inches) and a cleaner/simpler look. I could only imagine if my 2 year-old spilled something on it or dropped some crumbs within the threads.... With that said, I think it is an excellent quality rug and would work well for someone looking for something super soft that you just want to lay on. Also, Overstock customer service was wonderful in helping with the return and I am currently looking for a more suitable rug for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was good, I didn't realize it had white threads mixed in with the oatmeal ones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. appears to be very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I was looking for a specific color of Blue, and this was not it. I was delighted with the ease of returning product, and the very fast crediting to my account. Thank you, Overstock.com
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I liked the color on the site, but was not pleased with the actual color of the product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The carpet was of good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was accurate.
I bought this for my daughter as a Christmas gift. She has a tile floor and needed something to make the room cozy and comfortable. This rug is so unbelievably soft and comfortable. it is very thick and my daughter and her friends lay on it to watch TV or just hang out. The color is beautiful. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Absolutely wonderful!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact!