This base is ideal for large umbrellas, particularly heavy ones in windy areas. Your umbrella won't blow away if it's in one of these bases! The base can be filled with sand or bricks (sand is best and cheap at Home Depot or Lowe's - it comes in bags). Assembly of the base is a 5-10 minute job. The directions are clear, and it went together easily. The wheels work great to manoeuvre it into place and it is has locking brakes to keep it in place. I'm very happy with it and think the price on o.co was great.
Love this rolling umbrella base, very easy to move around the patio. This is our second one. Sets out year round.....with high winds....does not move. I do recommend the Shademobile Rolling Umbrella Base!!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on
What a great idea!!! We love this so much that I am ordering another one today. It rolls across the concrete pool deck with just one hand. I used 12 bricks and a bag of play sand and have an 11 foot umbrella. I have not yet experienced wind but it seems to be really sturdy. Thank you Overstock!
Well built, keeps my patio umbrella upright, even holds up to wind. Was surprised you had to add sand and bricks to get the stabilization, but it was easy enough to do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quality
This umbrella base was the same as the one I had that was destroyed in a tornado (when the umbrella fell it somehow bent the shaft a little and it wobbled too much for me-so I have spare parts now as well). Only this one cost $50 less. I was going to order from the same place as before that was $50 more, but fortunately found overstock.com. Fast service and an easy to use website. I'm delighted!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, especially for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
We now have 2 of these rolling umbrella bases. We put bricks and sand in our bases. They are easy to assemble and the best part is you can easily move them. We use these in Florida and they make the biggest difference in helping provide shade. I would highly recommend these bases.
This was my 2nd sand-colored Shademobile for poolside in the intense Dallas sun, on the east side at noon and the west side in late afternoon/evening. A wonderful invention that we use every day in the summer, then store in the garage the rest of the year.