We received the lamps very quickly and they were nicely packaged. Don't know if they've changed their packaging methods since previous reviews were submitted, but we did not have any problems getting them unwrapped and assembled. They look beautiful and we love the 3-way functionality of the light. I would definitely recommend these lamps.
My wife really likes the lamps, but I am disappointed in the color of the lampshades. They give a gray cast to the light coming through them which may not go with the decor of the room you may be putting them in. Assembly was straight forward. Be careful to assemble parts in the right order or you may twist the electrical cord within the lamp too much. Instructions are minimal but sufficient. Diagram deviated slightly from reality but wasn't a show stopper. Lamp shades assembled easily. Overall, no obvious defects in either of the two units though they may be slightly out of plumb. Lamps appear to be sturdy. Just wish the lamp shades were the color in the pictures. Wish this site would allow posting of pictures to illustrate the final units as we received them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lamp shade we received definitely NOT the color in the photos. Our lampshades have a gray look with no yellow component to them.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Tubes had a few scratches, but nothing noticeable unless you look for it. Base heavy/sturdy. Components screwed together, but lamps slightly out of plumb.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Lamps take three way bulbs, maximum 100 watts, which are not the most common bulb out there.
floor lamps are not very heavy, so wouldnt reccomend them for a room with little kids or big dogs. On the other hand they are pretty lamps and fit my decor, so I would say they are good for the money and served their purpose. JUST WISH THEY WERE MORE WEIGHTY
Lamps look very nice, appear more expensive than they were. The shades arrive assembled and at first appeared like a daunting task but it wasn't at all. I went ahead and ordered two table lamps to match.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Exactly what I wanted and easy to assemble. The photo of the lamps are very accurate. Both look great in our home and we plan to purchase two more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Much like the photo.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate.
ok, a little flimsy. Look good from a distance, but pretty cheap
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Like it well enough. Ordered three different sets for our assisted living.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the money. Cast base. Very attractive shades.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
The shipping was fast and overstock was great, so this review has nothing to do with them. The lamps look nice, much as shown, but a little cheap looking when you get close. From a distance they look great. My problem is the knob you use to turn it can only be turned in one direction and if you turn it accidentally the other direction it feels like you are stripping the inside. I guess, for the price they are nice lamps, just definitely got what I paid for.
The lamp is generally a good lamp even though one of the two lamps was defective from the maker. The pole parts did not screw together weil for either one and the second one did not fit together properly to the point that I could not get it apart. The shades are attractive and seem to be made of some kind of silk. The problem is that you need to put it together as it comes collapsed. This would have been okay except for the "toilet paper" type wrapping around the staves. I had to scrape the paper off the staves for both lamps--took about 30 minutes for each shade when all I should have had to do was snap the staves in place. Buy or not to buy?? Risky to say the least but if all goes well, they are okay.
I got these for my family room to go behind a sectional sofa for reading purposes. The package arrived as usual very quickly. The lamps looked exactly like the picture, but one of them is slightly lopsided on the ornamentation which was disappointing. Overall it was a good value for the price. I would recommend them for anyone who wants a decent looking set of lamps for a good price.
I had been looking for floor lamps to warm up my den for years. I took a chance and ordered these, and they have transformed my room! Everybody, including my nine year old's friends, asks what is different about the room - it looks cozier. Thanks.