So, about 6 years ago, when I was moving half-way across country, I stayed with friends for a few months while securing employment. Knew I'd be sleeping on an air mattress for awhile, so wanted to be sure I bought a good one. Well, I've never gone back to a conventional mattress...I have never slept as well as I do on my Serta. No morning aches & pains anymore! I did purchase a body-length heating pad, which I use all winter as the air in bed will chill (similar to waterbed). I love the built-in pump & it inflates/deflates in a few minutes perfectly. Have used the never-flat feature a few times but am not crazy about hearing it hum in the middle of the night, so I don't leave that feature on as a general rule. Cannot rave enough about how much I love this mattress.
Everything about this air bed seemed perfect during the time my guests slept on it for 4 nights - I received no complaints from them. The NeverFlat AC Pump worked and my guests never unplugged it or complained about the noise during the night if it started working. The pad that comes with it is nice looking and very thick. It's probably worth at least a third the total sale price of the bed. A commercial washer is needed to wash it. The edges tends to slip off at night when 2 people use the bed. The bed is extremely comfortable to lay on! The only real complaint I have is the odor coming off the mattress. It was delivered on 11/22 and I immediate set it up just to make sure everything was ok before my guests arrived 11/27. The rubber used to make the mattress looks and feels heavier/sturdier than 'the other brand' but it's got a nasty strong chemical odor that comes and goes, at times so strong it makes eyes water. When the bed was covered with sheets and blankets, the odor wasn't noticeable while standing next to it. When it's bare, I can smell it just walking past the room. This is the 23rd day since I set it up and I still smell it at times. I've been sleeping on air mattresses fulltime for over 6 years using 'the other brand' and never had that problem. Other than that, the bed is great::)) lol
This bed was expensive, but was worth it because it has a built in inflater and deflater and keeps you off the ground. We slept on it for about 5 days when we moved across the country while we waited for our bed to be delivered. We also liked how you could choose how soft or firm the bed was. There is a similar model for way cheaper at Aldi Food Stores, but I would not want to lug something this heavy around. With O.co it was delivered right to our door.
I found the bed to be more oval shaped than rectangle. Meaning that it bulges bad on the sides. A queen size fitted does not fit well on the mattress, and the pillow top cover they have for it is a joke, it pops off almost as soon as you put it on and it is a pain in the butt just to get it on. if you do get every thing on right, and you get in and out of bed more then 2 times you have to put it all back the pillow top and fitted sheets back on the bed. I do not think I got the same bed as in the picture the one in the picture had corner spots to hold the bedding the one I got did not. I really think I should have gotten the cheaper one with the flocking and the holders instead of the pillow top one. I have to say I am very disappointed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? finie
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the bed it's self is ok but the pillow top sucks it will not stay on the bed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
I liked it, but the pump, I believe kept pumping until it died. It was decent while it lasted though
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was great, but I believe it over pumped itself and got a hole
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
do not like it, does not keep shape, do not reccomend
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. does not keep shape, vey hard to sleep on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? no pilloe top
Looks like it will serve nicely as a guest bed. comfortable and worthy of the SERTA name and reputation.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. appears to be well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I used this bed for a camping trip this weekend. It was very easy to set up. It inflates in about 5 minutes. I never heard the pump running that is supposed to keep the air bed inflated, so that was a plus. I tried the medium setting and it was still too firm for me so I switched it to plush setting and I could never tell a difference. The bed was more comfortable than any air bed I have slept on. The mattress pad is just a quilted mattress pad so if you want it soft, you might want to add a thin egg crate. It seems to be of great quality. The material is thick and it weighed 35 lbs. in the box. It also comes with a good size bag to carry it in. Hope this helps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate