This frame works well as a bed, and is quite attractive. It has some failings as a couch. A minor problem is that the metal guards intended to keep the mattress from slipping off the frame are rather small, so I have to slide the mattress back up occasionally. A bigger problem is that the frame is unstable if you sit on the edge of the couch somewhere not in the center. It really should have legs near the corners in addition to the one in the center. The biggest problem, though, is that the frame is large enough to accommodate several people sitting on the couch, but is not strong enough to hold several people leaning back. On mine, the back of the frame just pushed right over, and the single toothed part that holds the back upright is now damaged. The instructions do say to avoid heavy loads on the upright back, but three people simply leaning back should not constitute a heavy load.
We purchased this futon set to have at my parents' house for when we visit. The purpose is short-term furniture so that we have a more comfortable option than an air mattress, but also nothing permanent or too expensive that my parents can do with as they wished (fold up, use for other guests, transform room, etc.). For what it was worth, the product suited our needs just fine. The mattress was comfortable enough that a short vacation did no harm to either or our backs. We wouldn't recommend it for long-term use. The size is perfect for my small room and the color was what we wanted. Our only complaint was that the instructions were terrible. Parts were mislabeled so that we thought we didn't have everything when we put it together. It turned out we did have all of the parts. It took us a while to figure out which parts went where, however, because they were mislabeled in the guide. We left a very unhappy message with the company. In summary, we were happy with the product, but the company's instruction manual was crappy. What should've only taken us less than an hour to put together took us 2.5 hours to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site was similar to the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The price reflects the quality of the product. Nothing over the top, but not super cheap, either.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on-site description of the product was fine.
I bought 2 of these futons. I wish I did not. These things are insanely difficult to put together. It is clear that the folks who manufactured this product were poorly trained and poorly paid. Many of the metal pieces had sharp uneven edges. Many of the pieces required super human strength to fit together. Now that it is together, its ok. Not the best futon that I've owned. My last one was $40 on craigslist and is much sturdier. I think that I will opt for craigslist next time. I am quite sure also, that nothing about this thing is actually a Serta product. It had another name on it. I don't know what that's about. Anyway, if you are looking at this product, I would suggest that you skip this one and maybe save a little more money for a better futon.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Somewhat different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So so
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not so good
was exactly what I expected. would do it again liked the color the wood was perfect for the room I chose it for and it slept good for my company
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? giood
Assembly was easy. Futon mattress seems small for this frame--large gaps between futon and arms. I made pillows to place there. Difficult to find size of futon in the listing in order to purchase a cover. You must buy a cover. Overall--it's OK.
This is the best futon I have EVER had. This futon has a thick pad which makes it very comfortable to sleep in. It's my new favorite place for a nap. I had a guest sleep on it and was very easy to make into a full bed. Very easy to operate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I wasn't too concerned about the color of the fabric, more with the style of the futon. But both work with the color of the room and match the description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought three of these futons. We have a large basement in our summer home and have them in the basement for guests. I have had nothing but good comments on the comfortability of the futon for sleeping
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice, but I purchased a navy blue cover
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
Received the futon in 2 days. However, one of the metal frame pieces was broken. We received a replacement, but a tube on the replacement was bent serverly. We were able to take parts from both pieces and make a frame that worked. Reclining mechanism worked well and converted into a bed easily. Mattress was fairly thick and comfortable to sleep on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A weld on the metal frame was broke. We received a replacement, but it was bent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The arms are a nice wood, and it serves its purpose (a couch for my studio office that can be used as a guest bed) ok, but besides that, it's none too great. My husband was grumbling about poor workmanship all the while he was setting it up, and the 'mattress' looks nothing like the photo: It's much flatter, and has little dimples all over it tied with white string that look pretty awful. If you want it to look presentable, you have to put a cover on it, contrary to the photo. But, to its credit, the mattress has not slid at all (yet) and it does catch on the handles pretty well. We'll see how it continues to hold up...
This is the best unit for the price & quality construction, only problem is the smell of the finish on the wood portion of the assembly. Time is wearing down the chemical smell that is livable during the process.Overall, great purchase.
It is too hard to send this back but just a heads up. The mattress looks thicker then it is ( keeps sliding forward ), and the positions for sitting feel too far back or too far forward. I am going to try to add supports to adjust this myself but I wish I didn't have to. The frame fits to the sides fine but the back and front come in two sections and the screws wouldn't all line up. Overstock was good about helping me send it back .. but it is so large ... a bit of a hassle ... recompressing the mattress etc..