Son needed new matty. He's 5'10" 185lbs. I have purchased 2 different brands of foam matty for myself, so asked if he wanted to try one. Shipping is relatively quick, and packing is perfect for rough transit. However, this is a very LITE mattress, approx 25-30 lbs. NOT as dense as the ones I have bought before. While I am still skeptical as far as the comfort and durability, my son says it took a week or two for body to readjust, but his back feels better and he sleeps more soundly. I personally would go with nothing less than a 10inch matty, as you WILL notice a big difference in comfort between 8 and 10 Inches. Typical dad review,,,always want better for your kids. If you can get this matty when it at a lower price, when "O" stock offers it,,,I would recommend..but with newer generation "cooler" foam mattys on market,,,shop wisely. Overall I would give 3 1/2 stars myself.....
I was hesitant to purchase a mattress online without trying it out first, but based on the positive reviews and the price of the mattress, I was willing to take the risk and I could not be more pleased. Overall, the mattress is perfect for my needs. It comes rolled up in a long box and it's almost hard to believe a mattress would be rolled up in there. Like the description directs, I unwrapped the package within 72 hours of delivery and it immediately started to puff up to its thickness. I let the mattress sit for 3 days before sleeping on it and you would never guess it was rolled up in the first place. After several nights of sleeping on the mattress, I have no complaints. The mattress also did not have any noticeable smells, which was a plus. If you are in the market for a mattress and on a budget, I recommend this one as a great choice.
This mattress is an outstanding value for the money. I purchased 6 of them for the motel I manage and I plan to switch all the rooms over to this mattress. I have received so many compliments from my guests, I recommend it to everyone.
I wasn't sure about buying a "Firm" mattress let alone a "Foam" mattress. I read all of the reviews before making my decision and decided the pros outweighed the cons. Especially the review about the couple that had back aches before buying this mattress and now no longer do. I LOVE my foam/firm mattress!!!! My body just molds to the foam and I sleep so sound. Sometimes I just like to lay on it during the day because it just feels so good and supportive. I'm a single, 5'7", 150lbs, over 50 female and I pulled the rectangular box it comes in up the steps, unfilled it and put in place by myself. You'll need to let it air out for about 4 hours and it takes about a day for it to become full size 10" because it's packed/rolled tight for shipping in the rectangular box. After that I did smell an odor from the foam for about a week, but it no longer smells. My plan is to buy a platform bed frame with no box spring. For now it's on the floor and is awesome!!. It's well worth the money!!! And *** shipping. You can't beat that!!!!
ordered this mattress when we needed a new one quickly after getting rid of a pillow top mattress that I hated. it came in this little box and you had to let it 'grow' - didn't think it would be any good, but now love it, some of the best sleeping I have ever had!
I have pictures of the ripping that I sent to Overstock.com customer care and they informed me that the mattress only has a 90 day warantee. I have purchased many things from the site and was very unhappy that I could not exchange it for a new mattress. Or use the credit towards a higher quality product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was poor quality. After owning the mattress less than 5 months there was severe ripping on both sides.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description said that it is made with a stretch knit covering. This was inaccurate and I am very displeased.
This is a high quality mattress and has relieved me of a lot of back pain from sleeping on a coil mattress. I have had the mattress about 3 weeks now and am almost to the point where I can sleep through the night again without tossing or turning all night long.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a high quality mattress and has relieved me of a lot of back pain from sleeping on a coil mattress..
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I read the reviews on this mattress before purchasing it, and was extremely hesitant on purchasing something like this online without first seeing it and feeling it. After all, "firmness" is an extremely relative thing. This mattress was rated by other reviewers as being "very firm" but I would not rate it as such. I'm used to sleeping on a very firm mattress, and found that this one was too soft for my liking. The first few nights were great (I had been sleeping on the carpeted floor after moving) and the month that followed was also fine. However, after sleeping on this mattress for the past three months, I've been finding that it is much too soft for my liking. I have begun to sleep without a pillow in order to ease the tension in my shoulders and back and have begun contemplating sleeping on the floor again. The part of the bed that I do sleep on (the other part contains stuff) is softer than the side that contains my stuff. I'm petite, there shouldn't be a difference at this point. Getting the mattress was easy enough. Arrived at my apartment door a few days after ordering it, and I unwrapped it in my room. The mattress inflated after a few hours (but I still waited the recommended 72 hours before sleeping on it). The polyethylene smell that accompanies it went away after about a month (changed my sheets frequently, aired it out a bit more, and sprayed some fabric cleaner on it). I was there was an extremely firm option, as I would have opted for that. But for a temporary solution, this mattress literally fit the bill.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not as firm as I would have hoped.
I wouldn't waste your money on this mattress. I would try to save up to get a sealy or some other mattress that is better quality. If you are looking for a cheap mattress for guest room, then this is the mattress for you. Otherwise it isn't worth it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
I read lots of reviews before buying this mattress and many of them said the mattress was too firm. I thought, "Perfect! I need firm." Well, they must have been reviewing a totally different mattress because this one is so soft that I can't sit on the edge of it and put my feet on the floor without the mattress caving in. It's like a high-quality, thicker RV mattress. Buyer beware! You think you're saving money but as soon as you open it and it expands from it's shrink-wrapped cocoon, it's yours for better or for worse. I can't sleep on it. Currently, I'm sleeping on the old mattress and the new one I'm reviewing is tipped on its side, blocking my bedroom closet door. Now to get rid of it somehow and recoup some of the cash. Hmmm....
Good overall value for this type of Mattress, with a good quality box spring beneath it, it should feel very comfortable and provide a great sleeping experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall it is Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate in terms of dimensions etc.
I have had a foam mattress before and thought I was buying one that was comparable, but at medium firmness and 10" thickness it's pretty firm and thinner than the photo reflects
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? mattress does not look like the one pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. money's worth
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? relatively
I greatly enjoyed this product and would recommend it to a friend. However, I'm a fit guy and have more muscle mass so @ 230lbs the mattress was great for just me. With another person on the bed at the same time it didn't hold up as well and had a leveling issue which often lead to her sinking toward me throughout the evening. Overall a nice purchase for the price, but if your over 300lbs in weight the mattress will have issues.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot On
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The mattress came rolled up and as soon as we open and unrolled it, it was practically to size. It did have a small odor from the packaging but it went away. It has been amazing. We've slept on it for 5 nights now. It is definitely medium firm. I sink into it just enough, but it is supportive and comfortable all at once. I definitely recommend getting great pillows to accompany it for better comfort.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Precise
The casing on the mattress doest stay in place and the whole underside of the casing split at the seaming after only a week and a half. I do not recommend this mattress. I is also more difficult to return due to the fact that the mattress comes vacuum sealed and compressed and there is not way to get it back in the box a special memory foam department has to deal with the issue. NO GOOD
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description said medium/ firm and the mattress sinks to much with little support
When I initially purchased this mattress, I was very pleased with it. However, after my SO and I sleeping on it for over 6 months, we are dismayed to find that it has begun sagging in the middle and does not go back to its original shape anymore. Basically, there is a "hole" towards the middle of the mattress that we both kindof roll into in the night. NOT COMFY! I don't know what we could have done to prevent this besides not sleeping on it. Flipping the mattress over did not help. BUYER BEWARE! A spring mattress might be more expensive, but I'm looking at having to get a new one before the 1-year mark, so it may not be in the long run!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate