First off, I just want to say that like many of the other reviewers here my husband and I were weary of purchasing a mattress, let alone a memory foam mattress, over the internet with no way to test it. We decided that since it was relatively cheap, we'd go ahead and try it. We could not be happier! This mattress is exactly as it's described. It is very, very comfortable. We did wait the 48 hours to let the bed air out like the product says to. We didn't want to take any chances on messing it up or ruining it. We never did get the full 14 inches, but we're less than a quarter inch from it, so it's no big deal. The mattress does come with a mattress cover, but it's not a traditional one. It's more like a couch cushion cover and I'm assuming it is zipped up somewhere on the side, but we could never find it to take it off, but it's quilted and very soft. It's softer than our sheets. We still went ahead and bought a waterproof mattress cover because we have two large dogs and anything could happen. Of course, everyone's opinion of "medium firm" differs, but for me it is still pretty darn firm. I sink into it, but not as much as I would like but it is okay because I do tend to have lower back pain as well as shoulder pain. Since sleeping on this mattress I can honestly say that my back and shoulder have not bothered me. I like to also sleep on my side and stomach (I am not a back sleeper) and it is wonderful. :-) My husband sleeps on all sides including his back and he loves it. Like most memory foam mattress' you do tend to get really warm. If you tend to have hot flashes, I would not recommend a memory foam mattress. However, since I get really cold a lot this is perfect for me. I stay warm and sleep like I have never slept before. It is so hard for me to actually get up in the morning and start my day. I am so glad we decided to purchase this mattress. It is wonderful and now my husband and I can sleep in the positions most comfortable to us without bumping or kneeing each other at night like we did in our old pillow top Queen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
I shopped mattresses for two months locally and couldn't believe how expensive they were. I have back problems and was leaning towards the memory foam mattress. Then I received the Overstock email featuring the mattress sale and saw this mattress. I was hesitant to buy because of three things: 1 - the price was so affordable making me question quality; 2 - I knew I could not handle a firm mattress and 3 - I worried that it would be hot. DO NOT WORRY. After studying the reviews closely I decided to order and I have not had one bit of buyers remorse. It is basically shrink wrapped and compressed and expands when you open it. You will need two people to maneuver it unless you are really strong and have plenty of room. Once in place simply unroll, open and voila! It expands into a wonderful mattress. The quality of this mattress is excellent. It is soft enough that it keeps pressure off of my shoulders and hips and firm enough to support my back without causing pain in the morning. Medium Firm is accurate. There is a slight odor at first but it was gone completely within one week. I slept on it the first night but I would recommend waiting at least 24 hours to let it completely expand. That also allows it to air longer before covering it with sheets. It sleeps cool, for women with hot flashes and night sweats (been there) you need not worry. If you are considering a memory foam mattress, I would not hesitate to recommend this one. As a matter of fact, I have to several people.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I would recommend this this everyone who complains of back pain from sleeping on springs I only wished I had purchased this mattress a long time ago. It's awesome the best.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On the money
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Firm and luxury
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
This matress is wonderfully comfortable and truly is 14 inches thick. There was no foam smell and it is cushiony yet supportive. We love it. Nice heavy zip off cover.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice mattress with well made cover
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I wanted to wait a while before I put up my review of this bed. I wanted to sleep on it for a while and then make my review. And my review is.....this is great! I owned a higher end Tempurpedic at one time before, and wanted to get another bed but just didn't want to pay the outrageous prices of the Tempurpedic brandname. I searched Overstock for quite some time and finally came across this bed. I read the reviews and decided on purchasing it. The bed arrived quickly and well packaged. Like many of the reviews before me, it did have a strong chemical odor which did last for about two weeks, but that was to be expected. I unpackaged the bed and it rose to almost it's complete size within four hours. I did notice that the bed was a bit harder at first but that mellowed out and got better with the week following. This bed is great for someone who likes the memory foam mattresses but doesn't like them super stiff. It is a great balance of firm and soft. It is soft, but definitely not too soft. The bed is close to 15" when fully expanded. We actually use it on a platform bed and it works great! This is a great buy and well worth the money! Good job Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
My main incentive in purchasing this mattress price. I was sceptical about purchasing a memory foam mattress because I never slept on or owned one before. I purchase this one because it was way less expensive than the popular store brands, also because the desciption for the more expensive brand names was the same as this mattress. So why pay more for basically the same product? So far, I wake up well rested from a night's sleep and am able to go about my day with less backpain and neck pain. I would recomend this mattress to anyone who wishes to get a memory foam experience
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same as the actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this my first memory foam mattress and I am not disappointed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I think the description is as accurate to the product as possible.
i was worried at first because this bed was cheap compared to the rest but let me tell you i never slept so good in my life very supportive not really firm but not to soft this was a awesome purchase i hope to be able to buy another for the guest bed room trust me you want be dissapointed for the money
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? awesome
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this was the most comfortable bed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perferct
I was a little hesitant to order a mattress on line. However the price was too good to pass up and my husband has back problems so I needed something to try and help him get a good night's sleep. I took the chance and ordered. I am so glad I did. The mattress arrived quickly. It is very heavy. Do not unwrap until you are next to the bed. Once the plastic is removed, it begins to swell to it's size immediately!! Put it on the bed and THEN remove the plastic. We have been enjoying good nights sleeping on this mattress!! I bought the whole grouping of mattress, bed and mattress pad as well as sheets and pillows. I'm so glad I did and would recommend this purchase to anyone looking for a memory foam bed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Mattress is good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was great. Beautiful cover of organic cotton.
Ok. I'm stupid. I searched these mattresses for months. Read HUNDREDS of reviews. Was scared to death. But did it anyway because 1. I could NOT afford the temper and 2. I needed a new mattress like year. I figured worst case scenario, I'd have to sell it on craigslist if it was horrible because I knew I wasn't going to/couldn't here at Overstock send it back. OMG. Seriously? I stressed about NOTHING. We brought it into the house after it arrived on a Tuesday (ordered on Friday and did NOT pay for extra fast shipping) We let it lean up against the wall because our bed wasn't ready yet. It stayed there, rolled up in plastic, but out of the box for a week. When we finally got our bed, it was 9 pm and it had expanded to 12 1/2 inches when we went to bed around 11. The first night I was exhausted and slept like a baby. Second night, awesome, third night I had a little trouble tossing and turning, and then, wah-la. I have not had ANY problems since then. There was NO SMELL. (Trust me, I read every review I could find) It expanded quickly. It's super comfy, although still a little weird when I first lay down, but I go to sleep immediately and am so comfortable, I don't even think it's weird. I've had the mattress a month now. I will say my body feels better. That first week, I really do think my body was realigning itself, but I was waking up with no shoulder pain, no back pain...feeling GREAT. My old mattress was a 2000.00 Sealy mattress that I adored, but it had grown older and my body was hurting when I woke up. This mattress is worth every last penny. I LOVE IT. I "might" get a three or four inch topper on it, just for more of a cushy feeling, but honestly, I don't NEED it. It feels great the way it is! Also, I haven't noticed being hot, and I'm in Texas. Do NOT stress like I did. I was even warning my husband, "I hope we like it" "I'm really worried it going to be terrible" "How could I buy a mattress on the internet and not even know what it feels like". This is probably one of the smartest buys I have ever made. Ever.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VERY GOOD
My husband and I can pretty much vouch for most things written here. We didn't smell any weird smells, the bed came in 4 days, extremely comfortable, great quality. We have never owned a memory foam and have very different tastes in comfort. Our previous bed was an extremely soft pillowtop spring mattress which I loved but he couldn't even sleep on anymore. He was actually on the couch for the last 2 months. So, we decided it was clear we needed a new bed. We went to the stores and layed on all the temperpedics and IComforts and decided that we should go with a medium firm as a compromise. He likes firm and I like soft. We ordered this bed and got 10% off for being first time customers. We got the bed in 4 days. I followed the directions and opened on top of the frame and it was a little difficult to get out of the plastic. The bed blew up to a King size mattress right before my eyes which was really neat. There was no smell and we slept on it the same night. We both are in heaven. He even keeps asking me if it is to firm for me because he likes it so much. It really is different from firm spring mattresses because no matter which way you lay, it conforms to you so nicely, that is feels great. I don't even need a additional topper or feather bed. We figure if it dosent last for 20 years (like the others), we are just fine with that because we got it for a fraction of the cost and who wants to sleep on a bed for 20 years anyway! gross! This bed was a great purchase and will definitely do it again!! Thanks to all the reviewers that gave me the confidence to finally do it. They really are telling the truth on here!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great! There is no way I would go pay 8 times the amount for a Tempurpedic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We bought this bed in June and were initially pleased with it. Within three months, however, permanent indents had developed in the bed. My wife tends to sleep on the edge of the bed which is really rough for her since the bed now has a slight slope on her side. If a memory foam mattress could be termed lumpy, that is what ours has become... the peaks and valleys make for a horrible sleeping experience if you venture off you traditional area. Sadly. after only six months, we are in the market for a new bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair to Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ...
I bought this mattress about 8 months ago. At first seemed really solid and loved it. Unfortunately I am a heavier Guy (280lbs 5' 11"). The side I sleep on, now sinks about 30-40% down every night. Starting to get back problems again. Would not recommend this product to heavier people. My wife is small, her side is still very good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bad Product for Heavier People
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Could have used better descriptions
My wife & I don't sleep well. I'm not a little guy. 6'1- 290. Worried that i would find myself in a crater in the morning and would need the local ems squad to get me out. Pleasantly surprised that the firmness is very stiff (well supported) but yet very soft to lay on. Hard to describe, and so much better that our four year old mattress. This is our first foam mattress and were hesitant, but decided thicker is better. We both feel that was the best choice. We would not be happy with the 8" we were considering. Some things are worth spending more $ on, this is a perfect example. The smell when opening the package was noticeable. My wife is ultra sensitive to odors and i opened the bedroom windows for a couple hours and by the next morning we never thought about the smell again. The package was heavy, definitely takes two to handle. Once the vacuum sealed bag was opened, full expansion happened in about 3 minutes. Don't try to move from room to room, it's bulky, nowhere to grab it, very awkward. I still don't sleep great on it, it's not a miracle cure, but I do sleep much better than before. I would say 80%. Same for my wife. We will get another when this ones done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavier than expected, good and solid.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely
This mattress was everything I expected of it. It was delivered in a timely mattter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Didn't matter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
Just received our brand spanking new (i hope) Select Luxury Medium Firm Mattress & I must admit I'm ecstatic. We had grown so tired of our overpriced (by 5 grand) mattress that was actually good to us at one time, but later turned into a NIGHTMARE..I have made several trips to the several different bedding stores & I am always heartbroken by the ridiculously LARGE PRICE TAGS. I began to think that there has to be a more cost effective way to get a better nights rest. Me & my wife are both ex athletes & we have endured similar injuries, but mine are a tad bit more extensive. Anyways one night I was laying in the bed flipping through the channels at about 2a.m. & I came across the QVC Channel & they has a bed similar to the S.L.M.F.M.F.M. & the prices were about the same. I'm thinking it's too late to be calling QVC & I blew it off until the next day hoping they would still have some in stock. Turns out it was a ONE TIME OFFER (Insert Sadface Here) I was highly upset w/ myself for missing out on that mattress. So then, I recalled hearing about overstock.com & decided I would take a peek at the website to see what was available. This mattress was the very first one that I saw & then I looked at all of the ratings. After seeing such positive feedback I said what do I have to lose besides $500+!?! It was worth a try.. I placed the order & received it in a timely manner. I will give you guys a full update soon. BTW No Odor & the mattress grew like a chia pet when I cut the plastic. that sucker is HEAVY & thats coming from a guy who had a 580LB Bench Press In College...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right On Point.. I'm AMAZED
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far its passed the eyeball test.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Precise!!! Kudos
I trusted all the reviews but unfortunately did not sleep well. It is too FIRM and can not sleep on it. I bought it for my parents who complained that they needed a softer bed, so I got this as a gift for them. Unfortunately, this is not soft, it was too had for them to roll over, their body sank into it like sand and could not get out of bed. So when they didnt want it, I tried sleeping on it. Could not sleep all night because it was not comfortable. I will never buy a mattress without laying on it. Now Im stuck with a mattress that I can't return. Sorry not happy about this purchase. Trusted all the wonderful reviews and it is not good for elderly parents or myself, I am in my 30's, very firm, need something softer. Would not recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it looked as described on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Quick delivery... Slept on it for the first time last night and that was the best nights sleep I've had in YEARS!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Legit
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? To a "T"
While I was a little concerned about buying a bed and mattress online we cannot be more pleased. This is the most comfortable mattress we have ever slept on. My husband and I both have herniated discs and now do not wake up in near as much pain as before. The firmness is just right and yet it feels as if it just molds around you. LOVE IT!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
Ahhh. Sleep. We had no odor issues at all and the only issue we have is not wanting to get out of bed! Packaging was good and when I removed the packaging it popped open and fluffed up rapidly. I let it sit for a few days as directed, but had no odor at all. We have been sleeping on it for a few weeks and it is a dream! If you sit on it it seems really soft, but when you lay on it it is perfect and comfortable and "medium firm." I don't notice at all when my little boy climbs into the bed at night. A great price on a great night's sleep!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a premium mattres, no questio about it!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent description
A mattress is a tough and important item to purchase and very individualized. We have had a queen sized tempurpedic cloud supreme mattress for the last two years. We just moved into a new home which provided us a large enough bedroom where we could finally get a king size bed. We didn't want to spend 3k+ again so after carefully reading lots of reviews we took a chance on this mattress. Shipping was very great and it is amazing to they get such a large mattress compressed down so well. The quality of the cover just a nice as the *******. We unpacked it and let it expand in our living room (odor was noticable but not awful) as we waited for a delivery of our new king bed frame. The mattress is every bit of the 14 inches as advertized. We found the mattress just too soft for our preference, we would sink too far into it and found ourselves in a trough. When we would try and roll over it was very difficult because you would want to roll back into the hole you just moved out of. After one week of use my wife went on a business trip and she called me to say she slept great in the hotel bed and if I can to purchase a new mattress for us. I went down the next day and picked out the Tempur-Contour to replace this one and placed ours onto *****. Mattresses are a very tough item to purchase so IMHO this one is very soft and you sink into it. The quality seemed to be very good but the density of the foam just didn't give me good support. My advice is to learn about the different densities of foam and go lay a on a few before you blindly purchase one, I wish I had, good luck.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed to be good quality materials just not a high enough density of foam.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent