This is a great fixture and looks beautiful in our bathroom. The only complaint is that they do stick a bunch of stickers on the chrome but with a little patience and some baby oil you can get them and the sticky residue off the chrome without damaging it. Note, it does require a hard wire installation. I also could not find the exact bulbs but used 40s and they are bright enough.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the sconces were a bit whiter (good) than in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. acceptable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The light looks great in the bathroom and it is unique, which is the only reason it got 3 stars. If the review was soley based on quality/price, then it would have been a 1 star review. The fixuter is of very poor quality and should be priced at about $$$ in order to be comparable to 3-light fixtures of similar quality at the big home improvement stores. Prior to installation I needed to remove all of the clear stickers all over the chrome. This took quite some time and I needed to use a solvent to remove all of the sticker residue. I installed per the instructions and there was about a 1/4 inch gap at the top of the fixture between the base and the wall. In order to resolve the issue, I uninstalled the light fixture and attached the mounting plate backwards. This made installation more difficult, but at least the light was flush with the wall. The screws that are used to attach the base of the light to the mounting plate are not set-in and are visible when looking at the light. Thel halogen bulbs that need to be purchased cost $5 -$7 per bulb. The bulbs give off a warm light, that is plenty bright. We installed 40W bulbs and the fixture is very bright.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Mostly Accurate, but the glass shades are a very unique white on white tortoise pattern when the lights are on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This fixture is of decent quality, good chrome finish, the lamp globes are thick glass with an interesting swirled pattern. But the overall quality is more in line with a fixture costing half of the $$$ paid here. You can easily find a similar lamp at the big box stores at a lower price. There were multiple warning stickers on the outside of the fixture that had to be removed with thinner, as they are clearly visible and did not peel off cleanly. Also this unit is clearly stamped 'made in China'. The last complaint was that my lamp did not come with the three halogen bulbs, further adding $15 more to an already inflated cost.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lower than expected for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair