Love, love. I am 200 plus pounds so I was concerned about the sturdiness but it is awsome.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
We have been using this bed for a few months and my son loves it. The quality is great, the assembling is reasonably easy and it is very sturdy. I also ordered another brand (Murray) from overstock but this Scandinavia one is way better. If you need a platform bed go with this one, you won't feel regret.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? helpful
You couldn't ask for a better bed frame. Easy to put together (I did it by myself and it only took 30 mins to complete). Lightweight to move but durable to stand a considerable amount of weight.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I was looking for an inexpensive platform bed for my daughter and found this one after some searching. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the purchase, but be aware of what you're getting before you buy. Pros: 1. Low cost 2. Relatively solid 3. Simple construction (if you have the right tools) 4. Finish looks decent from a distance 5. Just 45 minutes from opening the box to adding the mattress (again, if you have the right tools) 6. Low cost again (That's why you're buying this bed after all, right?) Cons: 1. "Solid wood" construction is true, but it doesn't mean much. The rails are fingerjointed, meaning they're made up of multiple smaller pieces glued end to end. It's an OK approach for the money, but it's hardly fine furniture. The legs are solid is the same way a chunk of 2x4 is solid, that is to say lightweight wood in one piece, but again, they're nothing fancy. (In fact, they may actually be pieces of 2x4 cut and stained to look more upscale.) 2. The finish is sprayed on heavily, is very shiny, and only looks good from a distance. Up close, not-so-much. 3. The over-sized "feature" of the frame is just marketing language to cover poor engineering, I think. Yes, your blankets will probably cover the gap, but there's a good inch of space all around a standard twin mattress 4. The slats are a rather low-grade plywood and as such don't have a lot of bend strength. There are plenty of them, though, so it's probably not an issue for average-weight people. Just in case, I took my daughter's Bunky Board from her old bunk and put it on the frame to help add some rigidity to the slats 5. The screwdriver supplied to install the screws in the slats is a tiny pocket driver and *might* be good enough to open the battery compartment on a toy, but it certainly isn't capable of driving all the screws you need to attach the slats. A power drill with a driver bit is a much better option and will save you a lot of time and aggravation 6. My set came with four extra holes drilled in the headboard end. For me it's not a big deal since the bed is against a wall, but it's not a great sign of high-end quality control
Bought this bed to use with the Serta 8-inch Twin-size Memory Foam Mattress . To date (one month from date of purchase) they both are above what I expected in terms of quality/price and comfort/ease of assembly. This is a no frills bed, and had everything out and assembled in 30-45 min alone. For those looking for a easy cost effective bed this will more that satisfy that requirement. I have no regrets about getting this bed. It arrived on time and well protected. No broken or missing parts. Will likely get another shortly for upstairs. Not going to do much better for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, will last a long time for me
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Solid wood, easy to put together. At one point I thought one side had the holes in the wrong place, but then I realized I had the leg backwards. There is a 3-1/2 to 4 inch gap at the front, where the headboard will go. There is no headboard included, even though the picture shows that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I recently purchased this bed for a nursery as a secondary bed for use when needed. After less than one month of use, one of the side rails snapped in two. The side rails are thinly cut and made from low quality wood. The rest of the bed is simple and look good, but I find myself now having to retrofit a 2x2 in the place of the snapped rail. If you are of the heavier set, avoid.
For the price, this is a sturdy, simple option for the budget conscious consumer. Most beds at this price would be unfinished, made of pressed wood / engineered wood, or just plain ugly. This bed, is solid wood, has clean lines, and comes finshed (except for the slats). The finish isn't perfect but again, can't expect too much for the price. Note, the slats, while cleverly attached by two nylon bands, have to be nailed down into the frame which I personally did not like. As a quick fix, I had slats left over from the platform bed I was replacing so I added them in between and the mattress is firmer while still being able to breathe and the slats stay in place without any nails. This bed is great for small apartments with (even smaller) bedrooms.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid wood construction but not perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Info was fairly accurate
This is the 1st purchase I've made from Overstock where I have been soooo dissatisfied. I bought this in January, and completely split in half. 1st thing that broke off was a foot, and that was within (2) weeks of receiving it, but it completely gave out in less than (3) months. I bouhgt it for my son, whom only weighs 170 tops , so for it to break so fast tells me cheap cheap material. Please don't waste your cash and invest a little more money to get better quality. Like the saying goes; you get what you pay for. V/r, Unhappy (mom).
I bought three of these for my young children. When they arrived, all three were missing hardware, had multiple gouges, etc. that had been patched and re-stained and the wood was so soft, you could dent it with your fingernail. Against our better judgment, my husband supplied needed hardware and put them together. Within two weeks, one of the side rails snapped almost in half. We cautioned them not to wiggle around while in them and to be careful getting in and out - they are so wobbly. Overstock replaced the one that broke. The new one came - missing hardware again and the holes to put the screws in were missing the machined insert. Bare holes. It went back. We are returning the others as well. I see that the price went from $XXX to $XXX. Wow. Even with negative reviews and obvious issues...I guess they have to cover the cost of shipping returns on defective merchandise somehow!
I bought this bed 3 months ago for a spare bedroom and it was only used a few time. Today while a roughly 180 pound person was sitting on the mattress without excessive movement, the whole side board that makes up the frame split in half at the place where the long side was glued together to make one piece. I just looked and I am the third person in less than thirty days to have this same problem. Did we get a bad batch? I hope the manufacturer will send me a replacement board because it otherwise was such a nice bed.
I like the frame very much. This was for my five year old daughter who was finally getting a new bed (not another hand me down) so I wanted to do something special for her and give her a decent frame. The frame came and we were able to put it together easily (highly recommend the drill--lots of screws so this was a major time saver). The last bolt we were putting in place ended up being faulty. There was no entry thread, so we couldn't get it to screw into the frame. Unfortunately, this bolt is crucial to the bed working since without it, the leg falls to the side. I immediately contacted the manufacturer (odd hours Central time from 10am to 5pm) and requested a new bolt. The man said he would put it in the mail and it would be to me in 2-3 days...it's now been 8 days and still no bolt. I will be calling again today to remind them/him, but so far, I haven't been able to safely use the bed frame. I don't like buying something and not being able to use it. I think the product, when fully functional will be great, but until I get that bolt, I don't think it would be right to recommend this frame. I'll update my review when I do eventually get it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on
Our bed smelled awful when we opened it and we are so far unable to put the darn thing together since you have to drill the board for the slats to the sides and there are NO markings or starter holes or anything. My husband is having to measure the center and hope for the best since there are no guidelines and the instructions are terrible. We can't wait until they're open on Monday for instructions since the bed is taking up 1/2 of our 3 year old's room. The rails should have been attached to the lip or at least have had some sort of guide for drilling. This bed is the worst item to put together I have ever encountered.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. at least its not MDF
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
Was looking for a bed to use without a boxspring for my son's room after he took his bed to an apartment. This bed was just what was needed. My son put it together in less than 1/2 hour (he is very handy). Came in good condition, and has plenty of support without a boxspring.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This sturdy bed does not have a single piece of pressed wood on it, finally! It is easy to do yourself, great instruction manual and all if the hardware was included. After four beds, my child finally has one that will survive his childhood!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, real wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I obtained the Scandinavia Twin-size Platform Bed several weeks ago and fount it to be an excellent product for use in conjunction with a memory foam mattress. The bed was eay to assemble, is very solid, and looks good. I would recommend it to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
This bed was easy to assemble and is put together with enough screws to withstand anything your kids or guest can throw at it. All of the boards were knot and blemish free, the instructions were clear, and assembly only requires a Phillips head screwdriver.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and instructions that were easy to understand. All boards were free of knots or blemishes.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Purchased two of these beds for my girls, ages 4 and 2. The beds are heavy; I needed help getting the boxes up the stairs to the bedroom, but assembled the beds without help. I'm a single mom who is both handy and strong. Solo assembly took me two hours per bed. Would have taken less time if I'd had an extra pair of hands. Tip: get your electric screwdriver ready. I had only a manual one which added more time to the assembly process. Overall, satisfied with the item even though the color is wrong . . .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I received the walnut color rather than the mahogany I ordered
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and well designed. Works for my daughters, and I can lie down comfortably, too
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The online description of the item was completely accurate; I received the item as described (except for color)
We were looking for a twin bed for our 5-year-old son. After doing quite a bit of pricing online, we realized that to get the sturdiness we wanted for an affordable price, the bed had to be pretty simple. And platform beds are as simple as they get. This bed was exactly what we wanted and expected in terms of quality. The frame is solid wood with an attractive finish. It does take two people to assemble, but the assembly is straightforward and easy. It looks great in our son's small room and he loves his "big boy" bed. The narrow slats that you nail across the frame are made from soft wood and there is a wood, reinforcement piece with legs that you then nail across those down the middle of the frame. It feels quite sturdy, but we'll see if it holds up once he's a teenager. We are extremely satisfied with this product. The other reviews of this bed are quite accurate.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes