Easily assembled in a couple of hours while watching a movie, just one person. Good quality, excellent for the price. Drawer pulls are ugly, plan to replace them. I actually use this for prep; two minuses, stainless top scratches easily and it moves easily on the tile floor, even when wheels are locked. That is the only reason I gave it just 4 stars. Would purchase again, everyone who comes over comments on it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I received it on the exact date it said it would arrive. It was super heavy and in many pieces but the instructions were very detailed with great diagrams. I was so excited about it that I didn't wait for my husband to come home and assemble it. Because the instructions were so well written and the pieces and hardware very clearly labeled, I had no problem putting it together myself. The final product looks gorgeous and more expensive than the list price. The only thing I would change would be the drawer pulls. I highly recommend this for a small kitchen that needs more counter/storage space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy and great detail
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This is a great cart, especially for the price it is offered for on Overstock. I saw it on other sites for quite a bit more. It's sturdy overall, the black finish was done perfect and the stainless steel top is substantial and did not have any scratches. This is the second piece of furniture I've bought from the Home Styles brand and I'm very happy with quality of both. Both items were packaged very well, which makes all the difference as to whether or not the item comes damaged from the shipping process (which has been issue with other furniture I've bought from other brands). I am not terribly handy, but I did not have a hard time putting together the cart other than for one of the drawers. The first drawer went together perfectly, but on the second one, the four sides did not line up properly with the bottom, and the particle board partially disintegrated from the screws. As a result, that drawer is especially weak and I only use it for holding kitchen towels. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the drawer bottoms are rather flimsy. I would not keep silverware or anything heavy in them - even the one that went together fine. I also was not a fan of the handle hardware, so I just bought different hardware that matches the handles on my kitchen cabinet drawers and it looks great. The description of the product is inaccurate where it states that the center shelf is adjustable. Neither of the shelves are adjustable, they must be fixed in one position where notches have been cut out in the legs in the cart to fit the shelves. I was disappointed that the shelf was not adjustable since I was hoping to store a few taller items on the shelf which do not fit. The height between the shelves is only about 9 inches. Overall this is an attractive and well-made cart.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match, the color is as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality overall
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The center rack is not adjustable; otherwise the description was accurate.
I had been shopping around for several weeks for a kitchen cart. I found this one and waited for a coupon to purchase it. Well, it arrived damaged but O quickly resolved that problem and sent another. It took me about 2 hours to assemble it and I did it alone. The end result is a very handsome and sturdy piece of kitchen furniture. My only complaint would be is that the stainless steel top scratches fairly easily so you must be careful about what you lay onto it and NEVER consider using it as a cutting surface.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
My husband was impressed with how the sections went together and commented on the piece. He rarely comments on anything! Everyone comments on how nice the piece is, especially the stainless steal top. I guess I only see the imperfection. Before I purchased I read through the comments and I believe I saw that someone posted that the felt the handles were cheap. I think the handles and towel bars on the sides have a beautiful somewhat antique finish. The draw bottoms are somewhat weak and would recommend not putting anything heavy in them. I purchased this over a month ago and I must say I am delighted we made the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Slight imperfection in the stainless steal top but overall extremely sturdy and attractive piece of furniture for the kitchen
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
this kitchen cart was a great buy. very sturdy and even looks better in person. way better price than elsewhere for same item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as on website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. made very well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, just as described
I'll begin with this: on the whole, I'm actually quite satisfied with this kitchen cart. The color and style are quite accurately represented. The included hardware is also fairly nice and I think that many people would be satisfied with this product "as is." My husband and I, however, decided to swap out the included drawer handles for some vintage brass cup pulls and that has really upgraded the look and feel of this piece. That being said, if I had to purchase a kitchen island / cart again, I probably would not choose one with a metal food prep surface. We chose this one because my husband really wanted something that would allow for quick and easy food prep, but I've been a bit disappointed with (1) how easily the surface scratches, despite the fact that we don't cut directly on it; and (2) how plainly it shows every single fingerprint or mark. As a word of advice to potential future purchasers: invest in some Barkeeper's Friend or some stainless steel cleaner -- you'll use it frequently if you care about keeping the surface looking nice.
I felt this cart was even better in person than the picture once it was put together. Sturdier than I thought it would be. Drawers move easily in and out. Nice finish on the wood. Took about 3 hours to put together. Love it and would recommend it to anyone who needs some extra place to store things or an extra work surface. I bought 2 baskets to put on one of the shelves which really adds to the appearance.
Good cart with a good amount of storage for the size. The shelves don't hold tall items but provide enough clearance to store a 5 qt pot with the lid on. It was relatively easy to assemble, I only employed my husband in order to align the legs and shelves and the top. The only problems I've encountered with it is that one of the towel bars' screws were crooked so I couldn't tighten it up properly, and one of the drawers closes about 1/4" further than the other. Neither of these things are major issues. All in all, the actual frame is very sturdy and very nicely designed.
Please note that the shelves are NOT adjustable as in the description. Still a fabulous piece of solid good looking furniture. The.Instructions and packaging top notch. Very easy to follow instructions and well marked parts and bags of hardware. they even give you one extra of everything. I put this together myself in about 2 hrs.This is just the right size for our kitchen, not too big or too small. So versatile,with two towel bars, two drawers, and we can store wine and pots and bowls. The stainless steel top is so cool looking. My husband came home and just loved it so much he took me out to dinner!
First of all, I took a risk on this cart, ordering it sight unseen, because it was WORLDS more attractive than other carts in its price point (and beyond). Most of them are just downright fugly! And I was incredibly pleased by the quality of the build. The finish isn't cheap. The "carving" in the wood is nice and crisp. It feels quite solid. It's clearly not high end custom wood furniture but it's still SUPER nice, especially for the price. (Example: the shelves LOOK like separate planks, but they are not; it's an illusion. But it's a nicely done illusion.) It was even packaged well and everything arrived undamaged. I could have paid much more and still been very happy with the quality. It looks very nice, holds its own very well, even next to my late-1800s heartpine china cabinet and with my modern Eames Compact Sofa in the same room. That's what really impresses me: in a room full of much more expensive furniture, it still looks great. It took some work to put together, but the instructions were actually very good, and it was less work than it could have been. My husband and I did it together and never had any of those perverse "They did WHAT??" moments. (I do recommend 2 people to put it together though. You need the leverage. And it's heavy.) They very thoughtfully labeled all the individual parts with letters and numbers so you didn't have to guess what was what. The screws and such were in separate bags, labeled by size/type. Really nice. The only thing that I would change is the stainless steel top. I don't really care for stainless to start with, and alas this is the cheaper kind of stainless that gets fingerprints when you so much as LOOK at it. But, this is a minor quibble. If we keep it after our kitchen remodel, we will get a wood top made for itů or maybe get one of those butcher block cutting boards that has a lip to cover a counter. A minor quibble. In short: Yay! The last piece of furniture I ordered from Overstock was a disaster, but this one has renewed my faith. Love it.
We're using our "kitchen cart" as a buffet table inside the front doorway. We did not use the rolling casters; instead we put furniture glides under the legs. Construction was easy, though the drawers could have been better quality to make them square up more easily. Over all, we are VERY pleased with our purchase and the condition in which it arrived.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
Highly recommend- for the price point the quality of the cart and the stainless steel top surpasses the great deal. Easy to assemble. Love it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. easy to assemble quality is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
This cart was a great value for a great product. I would recommend this cart if you are looking for one. Too bad it didn't come in other colors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I really like the cart. Not hard to assemble- did it myself. Very strudy, nice stainless steel top and I like the detail on the legs. Read some of the other comments about the drawer bottoms being flimsy, they seemed ok to me. I use them to store dish towels & napkins- so maybe that's why. Also, the hardware was said to be cheap looking. It's not terrible and doesn't stand out either way. No complaints here, glad I bought it !!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think the quality is really good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
I ordered this cart for a small office kitchen. We had very little counter space and the little bit we had was being taken up by a microwave oven. I brought this piece in to use as a microwave stand and it is plenty big enough for the microwave/convection oven as well as some prep space. It was easy to put together and is super sturdy. The stainless steel top seems to be holding up well, no scratches yet!! And it really just looks nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Super sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate.
I have been looking for this type of of kitchen island for 3 years and stumbled on the Savannah! It is perfect for my kitchen and actually makes my kitchen appear much larger and open than my previous island. I recommend the SS counter, thought I wanted granite, but SS is great. I do not care if it scraches easily. I like the country kitchen look.. The 3 shelves fit my extra serving pieces perfectly. Overstock is a very professional site and I will certainly use it again. MIMION
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The cart itself is great and the stainless steel top seems to be high quality. The towel bars are very nice also. My only issue is with the drawers, which are a little flimsy and one of which doesn't glide smoothly. Also, the drawer pulls are cheap quality and quite frankly, ugly. I bought new pulls locally and am much happier with the look now. Overall, I recommend this cart for the price and with a little extra effort you can replace the cheap pulls.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good sturdy cart, drawers not so great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate