Looks great w/ the sister light (Rubens 5-light chrome chandelier) We hung in the hallway. This has a thin filmy sparkly materiel (I think it's materiel-my husband installed so not sure) behind the cutouts that take this light to the next level.
I bought a similar light to go over my tub. I never thought I could find a match light to go over the sink. I wanted something different then the normal glass shades you see every where. I positioned this light opposite to what is shown. It casts a lot of light. I used standard chandelier light bulbs, they work great. Love this light. I turn it on just to admire it.
Love the way this light looks. Only issue I have had are the lights flicker and go off sometime so I have to wiggle the bulbs. This doesn't happen all the time. I had this fixture hung with the light bulbs facing downward so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but overall so far the flickering does not out way the good I see in the light...
Bought this for our newly finished basement bathroom. It's a fun piece and looks great with the other fixture I also bought on Overstock for the hall outside the bathroom. The bulb covers are a bit shiny - not brushed like the base and arm but it still looks nice and adds to the fun with some sparkle. We mounted our with the bulbs facing down and I think it looks better this way. But you can mount it either way based on your preference.
This fixture is much prettier in person AND when the lights are on. The mesh sort of sparkles with the light. It definitely looks upscale. The image shows the light facing up, which is how I installed it, but I believe it would also look good facing downward. I shopped around quite a bit for fixtures. I did not see this one in the stores, as a lot of the other ones are. Take notice that you might need additional/different parts for installation depending upon what type of bracket you have in your wall. The supplied hardware did not fit our existing bracket.
Love the look, absolutely beautiful, but given how fast the bulbs burn out with it installed pointing down, it probably should be installed only pointing up. Unfortunately, that would not be enough light for my needs. I'm trying a different type of bulb now to see if it will last longer--if no improvement, will probably have to replace it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good, but the type of bulb used does affect the appearance when the light is on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. When installed pointing down, the bulbs burn out very quickly. Husband said not thrilled with construction when he installed it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Maybe I just didn't read closely enough, but this light fixture was not what I expected. It looks like it belongs in a nightclub. The inside of the "shades" is actually a shiny paper/fabric. Very disappointing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very accurate
We bought these about 10 months ago for our master bathroom in our new construction home. We didn't install them so can't really comment on that but our builders never mentioned any difficulties. Looks wonderful in our modern bathroom and we have had endless compliments. So many people that come to our house say that the lighting is their favorite part- and almost all the light fixtures were ordered from Overstock! Very beautiful and a great price for what you get.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a beautiful fixture. When you first walk into the bathroom and turn on the light, it just grabs your attention. It's elegant and fun at the same time. Am thinking of getting another one for a different bathroom. I had it installed with the shades down and absolutely LOVE it. As usual, overstock.com provided exactly what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As far as I can tell, excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This is a stunning piece. The chrome with the satin nickel finish combined are beautiful and I love the lattice work of the lights. There is a sparkly paper underneath the filigree that is beautiful, but it also isn't attached very well on one of our four lights.