This is a great bed, very inviting and warm, however, it wasn't so much taupe as it was more of a caramel color. The photos online definitely have it accented in a different light. I have a very comfortable queen pillowtop bed, so decided to set it up without the box spring. Extra slat support is needed, roughly 4-5 in addition to what comes with the bed, as you only get 3 for an entire mattress. The bed CAN be used without a box spring, but I wouldn't recommend it after 1 week of back and neck aches. Platform beds are great, but my comfort level was definitely compromised without the box spring.
This bed was ordered on a Saturday and it came on Wednesday! Super fast and packed in 2 boxes. I put it together myself with and electric screwdriver and hammer. I used the 3 slats- but plan to add 4 more for security. I added a low profile box spring with a 10 in matress on top and it sits at the right height- slightly lower than a standard mattress on a metal frame. The bed frame is sturdy, the corduroy material soft and better looking than I imagined- I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a cross between gold, moss green and taupe- it could be called a carmel color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The corduroy headbord is soft and comfortable, the bed is sturdy even with the 3 slats.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
2 Key Points: 1. The the bed isn't ready to go. You still need to get some extra materials before it can support the mattress. It comes with 3 slats which are obviously not enough and there is no instruction on what you need to buy to supplement those slats. So it is pretty confusing for the bed assembling novice such as myself, and judging from the number of questions on this matter on the website, I'm not alone. What you shouldn't do is buy additional bed slats from ikea which require a center bar to work (that's what I did and now have to haul myself back to that suburb-sized shop to return them). Basically you need to buy another 7-9 slats that cross the full width of the bed and probably some sort of support to sit under each of them OR, a bunky board or as I ended up doing, buy a low profile box spring and pop that on top of the 3 slats. The thing is you have to buy something else. The box spring has worked well but I spent another $250 that I wasn't intending to. 2. The colour looks different. It may be to do with my slightly cream coloured light shade but the bed looks Olive under the lights and certainly darker than in the picture. The rest of the bed is well constructed and easy enough to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I found the colour darker and with a hint of green. It actually looks Olive at night with the lights on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, except the slats
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The bed came within three days of ordering. It arrived in two boxes. The bed was purchased for my 6'4" son. He put it together in about 1 1/2 hours. I purchased a box spring and mattress. The bed looks very nice and my son says it is very comfortable. This bed frame was a very good price. We are happy with our purchase and I would recommend this bed frame.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as described. It truly is the color of brown sugar.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bed frame is nicely made and all the parts were received in the boxes.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was very accurate.
I love this bed very much...it's soft and beautiful. Unfortunately, it's not very sturdy. I came to find that the rails are made of pressed cardboard or something that came apart inside the fabric and I've had to use duct tape and plywood strips to hold it together!!
This is a very poorly made bed. When I received it one of the side rails was missing and the other was broken upon delivery. Overstock was very prompt to replace those parts. I used this bed in a guest room and it was slept on for only two weeks before the side rails that hold the box spring completely broke off making the bed completely unusable. Because the manufacturers warranty had expired by about two weeks, Overstock would only give me a $ credit. It cannot even be fixed for that amount! I am very disappointed!
Just as expected, you won't be sorry. It looks just like the picture. Easy to assemble took about 1 hour. Very sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
I really love this bed, I got it on sale and it was a good deal. It arrived quickly, went together without a problem, we did add extra slats due to other feedback left. Good bed for the price, soft, looks great, very happy with purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
Well I ordered this product on a Monday afternoon and it was on my doorstep on Wednesday morning! My boyfirend assembled the bed for me so I couldn't see how difficult it was, but he said it wasn't that hard to put together. All in all the quality is very good and the fabric is extremely soft! I just hope my cat doesn't start to use the side pieces as a scratcher. With the right decorations (i.e. lamps, wall art, and tables) the headboard will look awesome. I love this bed and it's very unique. This was a good purchase. However, I have both the box spring and matress with a foam matress topper and it's definitely too high. I think I'll buy more board for support and just have the matress and topper on the bed so it's not as tall. Other than the color being different than the picture (more of a caramel instead of a sandy taupe) I am pretty please with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is completely different that the picture, it is more of a tan caramel instead of a sandy taupe, which is kind of a bummer, but I guess I'll get used to it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good and the corduroy is extremely soft. My boyfriend assembled it, so I couldn't examine the product, but when I took it out of the box it seemed very sturdy and not cheap! It's very nice and with the right decorations (i.e. lamps, wall art, and nightstands) the bed will look very pretty and definitely unique.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is pretty accurate. The only problems I have with the bed is that the supposrt boards feel kind of flimsy, perhaps I should go to Home Depot and have some boards cut for more support.