I was expecting a much softer mattress that what it is. Unfortunately, it's pretty firm. I bought this for my 12 year old son's platform bed. He barely puts a dent in the mattress. It feels hard even when I lay on it and I'm not a small woman. I probably should have done more research on memory foam before deciding on this one, but so many of the reviews said that it was such a soft mattress. I would not recommend this for someone that wants a soft bed.
I purchased this mattress 9 months ago, and the center of the mattress has compacted thereby creating a deep depression in the center of the mattress. This mattress is currently being used by a 14 year old boy. The mattress is less than a year old and needs to be discarded. I would not recommend this product to ANYONE. It is very stiff, and hard to touch. The center of the mattress remains depressed even after several days. This mattress is unusable after only months of use.
I bought this mattress to replace a traditional mattress and boxspring for my 2 year old's twin bed. I had read another review saying that you don't need a boxspring however I felt it was necessary since my frame only has the slat supports and the foam simply sunk through them. If you have a solid plywood support in your bedframe then this would be fine. It arrived really quickly in a medium sized bright orange plastic, form fitting bag. The mattress had been rolled like a jelly roll and all of the air was squeezed out. It was surprisingly lightweight! I opened it and rolled it out in my living room. Within minutes it had fluffed up and out. There is a chemical smell but within the hour it was totally gone. I was able to easily slide the mattress onto the boxspring and position it in place. ISSUES To Note - 1) Standard sheets are not deep enough to fit around this mattress- it's too thick. It's not a deal breaker but if you are expecting for all four corners to be fully covered and no wrinkles on the bottom sheet then you will need to buy sheets with deeper corners. 2) The mattress is constructed with a thick foam base (normal foam not memory) and then a ~2 inch thick memory foam topper sewn to the generic foam base. As an adult I would prefer a much thicker memory foam topper but for kids this is perfectly fine.
I love this mattress. I bought it for my daughter. She had complained that her previous mattress hurt her back so I replaced it with this one. I have not heard one word of complaint about her back. She just tells me how much she loves her new mattress. Thanks for a wonderful mattress. I would recommend it to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The customer reviews were most helpful in that several stated that though the company called it soft, it was really firm. It was so firm the first night that I tried placing an additional 2 inch memory foam on top. That made it too soft for me and the two memory foam layers seemed to emphasize the sinking in nature; since I toss around, this was uncomfortable. Now after about a week of using just the Sarah Peyton "soft luxury" I have experienced some sound sleep. The price is good, the shipping was prompt, the airing out instructions were good, and I am satisfied.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent cloth cover over both layers of foam
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is firm, not soft
recieved mattress in 3-4 days. opened package no odor or smell whatsoever. mattress had no flaws better than expected quality. mattress immediately was 10" in 1 hour. slept on mattress the same night i recieved it. mattress felt identical as the higher priced memory foam models. mattress is perfect! well worth the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality. this mattress was more than i expected to get!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? reviews and web pictures dont show how good the quaility is.
Product is too firm for my taste. I bought a mattress topper to make it more comfortable. Never had to add a topper to my other memory foam mattresses.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
Overstock acted quickly to resolve the problem. It could have been a shipping mix up, but what I received was a bad joke.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this mattress was hard as a rock, unbelievable!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was not accurate
Feels like a memory foam mattress. From the title I was hoping this would be softer than it actually is but maybe after you break it in it'll be so. I will say that I was impressed on how it was packaged. Looked like a big orange tootsie roll. It has been unwrapped for two hours and I am waiting for the corners to become the same size as the rest of the mattress. It says that it can take up to two days for it to expand to its proper size so we will see.
I bought this for my son, the package arrived rolled up in heavy orange wrapping (no box). When we removed the binding, the mattress unrolled itself and was 10 inches in no time. The mattress had a slight order, nothing too bad. The hardest part was finding a place for it to lay undisturbed for a day! He has only spent one night on it, but reported a great night's sleep.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Good mattress for a lot less than most memory foam.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is the second such mattress I've bought for guest bedrooms at my house. One Adult son refers to it as the best mattress he's ever slept on. The other son says it's too warm, but comfortable. We live in Florida so "warm" is not always a good thing. The chemical odor was not strong and disappeared within 48 hours. Just be careful you have the correct foundation for these mattresses. A few "slats" don't work, you either have to have multiple slats very close together or a box spring. I didn't give 4 stars because I haven't personally slept on them and another family member complained about the mattress "forming" around her, making it difficult to roll over in the night. Other than that....good value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, so good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the button
I bought this for my four year old son. It has been several months now. He sleeps very well on it. I have also slept on it. It is very firm but comfortable. It adjusts to your body after a few minutes. How quick it adjusts to your body is affected by temperature. It feels a little firmer, and takes longer to adjust on colder nights. On warmer nights it takes less time. Overall it is very good and was a great replacement for my old sagging spring mattress my son was using.
I own a Termpurpedic (which I love) mattress that I had to put in storage while on a long term assignment. I bought this mattress while away. It feels exactly the same. The smell everyone talks about is there and even after three weeks I can still detect an odor. It is firm and very comfy.
This mattress gives my aches and pains. It is not what I would call soft; it's hard. Also, it takes maybe a week to quit smelling like chemicals. Once it's open, Overstock.com will not take it back. I don't plan to ever buy anything from Overstock.com again.