We couldn't be happier with these chairs. We have been looking for a long time and knew Overstock was the place to go. We ended up paying $$$ for three chairs including shipping, etc. These chairs look like they could be $150 each at a better furniture store in town. These are well constructed, not cheap looking at all. We went with the two tone and they fit perfectly with our oak floors and darker cherry wood living room furniture since our kitchen is connected to the living room. Definately recommend these chairs! Not like something from Target or Walmart. You will not be let down!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, sturdy construction, fairly easy to put together, and looks and feels like high quality merchandise.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on!
I have gotten many compliments on these stools. My husband put each together in about 20 minutes. He said there are no pilot holes in the bottom of the seat, which just means that you have to decide exactly where you want the seat to be mounted to the frame. I bought these because I wanted a sturdy stool that my 2-year old could climb on somewhat safely, and as long as she climbs up the front of the stool I am confident that it will not flip. These also happen to fit my Ikea Ingolf chair covers but I do have to fold the back flap under. Overall I'm very satisfied, and I'm glad I opted for the mid-price stool instead of the cheapos.
These chairs were exactly what I was looking for the color is a rich espresso color. They were made well and easy to assemble. Once together the chairs are very sturdy. We have been using them for about 3 weeks. I think they are going to hold up great, based on the first few weeks of use. Very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I purchased the java and the color was very accurate to the color appearing on the website. It was a great rich brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The material of the chairs is very solid. The chairs went together easily and are very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The chairs were exactly what I expected, based on the description on the site.
Was hoping these would be a perfect match to our dining table/chair color and they are perfect! I am far from a carpenter but these were actually pretty easy to put together too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on!
The chair is attractive and if it had arrived without a major defect, I would have liked it. However, it is very frustrating to pay $93, spend time putting the chair together, only to discover the chair rung (stretchers) can't be attached due to non matching holes in the legs. I'm returning the chair and I am hoping the process is simple and not time consuming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Manufacture defect. Despite the attractiveness of the chair, it is useless without chair rungs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Stools were delivered within a couple of days from ordering. Great price, good quality and fits well with our kitchen...LOVE LOVE LOVE
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was just as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, well constructed, good looking and looks great in kitchen
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on description
Bought these stools to replace backless stools that came with a counter-height dining set (bought elsewhere). The black finish looks good and the cherry seats are a good contrast. The backs are a bit lower than expected, but they look great and most importantly are comfortable. Assembly was simple, requiring only a screwdriver. They get daily use and so far, so good. The foot rails are painted wood, so I expect those may show some wear at some point, but for this price, that's OK. Everything arrived quickly and the pieces were well packed with cardboard and styrofoam. Carton exteriors did show some handling, but the contents was fine. Overall good purchase and the best price I could find. Initially, Overstock didn't have the black/cherry combination available, but checked back a week or so later and they were available. Glad I bought four of them at that time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors in the pictures (black and cherry finish) match the website closely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was what was expected, these are $100 barstools, not $500 barstools, but are more than satisfatory
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate and the measurements were correct.
This stool is exactly what I expected, based on information from the website. It is sturdy with some, but not too much, weight to it. I know some customers expressed concern that the legs weren't the same length, but that was not a problem for us. What did throw us a little was attaching the seat (my husband did that and said he had to center it himself - the holes weren't pre-drilled). We ordered two stools, and they came within a few days. We had a little trouble in that the front legs were missing from one stool, but Overstock customer service was extremely helpful online and immediately corrected the situation. The legs arrived maybe a week (could have been more, but I wasn't in a hurry and don't remember) later. Plus, I received numerous status updates via email.
These chairs are of excellent quality. We had no trouble assembling them and they all arrived without any damage. The weight is great--no longer fearful of a chair that could send my grandchildren backwards to the floor. I would highly recommend them.
I purchased the Java colored stools for our counter top. They are very nice looking and sturdy. The only strange thing was when assembling the stool that there were no pre-drilled holes to line up how the seat is attached to the rest of the stool. Otherwise simple to assemble and a great buy.