I received the chair two days ago, and I was waiting for my husband to come home to put it together. To my surprise, my 23 year old daughter had it all put together when I got home from work today!! I was shocked, but very happy! She said it was easy to assemble, and the chair is not only comfortable, but beautiful as well! The color is a true burgundy, which matched my new burgundy leather sofa beautifully. It is a big chair, and very well made. The only thing, is that the back cushion did need more stuffing to make it a bit firmer. That was very easy to do though, because the pillow zips open. I am very satisfied with my purchase!
The quality of the frame and fabric are good, and lend a classy touch to my traditional formal living area. For the price it is a good value for a bergere style chair. I have the restoration hardware vintage velvet cayenne drapes which blend well with this chair. The cayenne is far more red than the brown chair---but, it is in the same family.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? THe color is not burgundy, nor is it the rust-red shown on my screen. It is a deep dark red that is very browned, warm undertones, with warm gold highlights.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The seat cushion is ultra hard. I am going to see if I can cut it in half and wrap it in batting to soften it up. Otherwise I will need to take it to an upholstery shop and have a more comfortable cushion enclosed. The chair is so deep that the loose back cushion needs extra fill. This chair fits a person 5' 9" or taller.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay
I love the chair, my husband is disabled and I am in my 70's and I am very proud to say I put it together myself. It was quite easy to do, every part had a place to go and each screw and bolt fit right where it was supposed to fit with no problem. It is a lovely chair. The wood on the chair is very nice and the chair is not flimsy at all but very sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I felt that the burgundy color was a bit brown but still looks great in our living room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair is as good a quality as ones we looked at in a furniture store.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
I was very disappointed in the fabric of this chair. I bought it for the living room and as a comfortable chair to relax in. The fabric is much darker as everyone stated and I wanted more burgundy. The seat is very hard and material is rough and uncomfortable.I think I would've been much happier with the other chair like this in the chenille fabric.If you are looking for a decorator chair, this is fine. But if you want comfort - this is not the chair.
Yes the chair is pretty. very easy to put together. it took about 10 minutes with my daughter holding the parts in place so I could screw in the screws. and I am no rocket scientist. But the material was much darker that the picture. Very dark burgandy. Very. It also has a very high sheen to it. The sheen is red. A very different kind of material that I have every seen in a chair. Just know that is is dark! I am going to make it work in my new living room but will have to base my other decorating decisions on this color.
This chair came damaged. There were scratches on every wooden surface. We could have dealt with that, because a little wood stain or oil would have covered the scratches. One of the arms was broken, missing a big chunk. However, since the missing chunk would have been on the inside, covered by the cushions, we could have dealt with that. The deal breaker was that the chair could not be assembled. The drilled holes on the arms were configured opposite to the drilled holes on the frame of the chair. The only way that the holes would line up was if the arms were attached, not to the frame of the chair, but pointing out into the room! I know that all of this manufactured furniture comes from China, and I know that there is little or no quality control anywhere. I called twice and talked with two different agents. One suggested that the parts might not be available and I should just have a new chair sent out. The other worked with me, helping me decide what the best course of action would be. I am returning the chair.
This chair is very pretty and is worth the price I paid for it. However, you should be aware that the color is definitely more wine than burgundy. Fortunately for me, this was not a problem. As stated in other reviews, the bottom cushion is hard and the back pillow is flimsy, needing more stuffing because of the depth of the chair. I purchased the chair for my bedroom and if I do sit in it for awhile I'll just add another pillow behind my back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is wine, not burgundy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of chair is good. For the price, the quality is what I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
The wood finish and fitting was poor. The assembly did not work well and several attempts with additional fittings were needed. The assembly screw housings and fitting were inadequate and of poor quality. The fabric was good and as shown on website. For the price and poor finish - I would not buy it again! I expected a better product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality of workmanship and finish
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? below average
The chair arrived in record time and was packed very well. Packaging was complete. Installation was fairly easy and took about 15 minutes. The seat-back cushion needs a little more stuffing but that is no big deal as it is zippered and so I'll stuff a bit more into the pillow. The color is definitely a dark burgundy. In fact it matches a dark brown comforter very well.
So disappointed. I really wanted to love this chair. BIG on style and size.(very big chair) I read all the reviews and decided to give it a try. Beautiful style, which is why I wanted it. It is maroon which means dark red. It is VERY dark maroon which appears brown. The material looked pretty good on my computer screen. It is truly very DULL, not antique looking but dingy, faded, dull. The wood frame is very pretty but extremely thin on the back of the chair. So thin in fact that mine came broken. If it had not been delivered broken, I would expect it to break with normal usage. I would have kept it for the money it cost, if it had not been broken. I wanted to love this and buy a second one for my sitting room. If it had not been broken I still would not have bought a second one. If you honestly can't afford anything else then get it. Otherwise you could do better for quality anywhere else. You get what you pay for. As for comfort- it is firm but not terribly uncomfortable. I would NOT recommend this chair and I have liked Overstock items in general.
This chair has presence -- great detail and quality. Easy to put together. I think it took me as long to unpack it as it did to assemble it. The color is stated as burgundy, but to me leans quite a bit toward brown with a hint of burgundy. Pretty (although I had hoped it would be a little brighter in color). Can't really beat it for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
It has to be in very bright light to look kind of like burgundy, more brown, but still beautiful fabric. The back cushion does need to be stuffed and the welting is very crooked on it, it could be done much much better, like the chair similar to this one that comes in blue where they made it a box cushion. It is a very wide very deep highend looking chair. Took a little while to put together but that was because in one place in the directions it tells you to you the wrong screw and also leaves out where to use some of the parts, plus they did not put the insert in one of the holes for they screw to screw into on one arm which makes me worry to ever pick it up by it's arms, but still study to sit in. A fabulous buy for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks more brown than burgundy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This is a very inferior product...............and I was billed shipping to return it. Not fair!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The cushions and back were from a different dye lot and did not match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Missing bolts and very uncomfortable to sit on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The frame was not attached to the seat as stated.
After reading all the glowing reviews I expected this to be better. The assembly is not insignificant and if you don't hold the screws at just the right angle it won't work.... much more time needed than described in other reviews. 2 of us took about an hour to assemble. The seat cushion is very hard and the back cushion is very soft. Will need to get both changed out to make the chair comfortable. The chair is also VERY high -- higher than average sofa height so will need to have the legs cut down too. The color is russet - a dark brownish red, not burgundy. The fabric is lovely. After I get this chair adjusted, it will wind up costing a lot more and I will have spent a a lot of time on making it comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is russet - not burgundy
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very soft wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
When comparing the chair to the picture I am very satisfied with the fabric, the wood finish, the color, and the price was unbeatable. The fabric is a nice heavy grade, does not look cheap at all. It is larger than I expected, because I didn't look close enough at the dementions, but looks great in my formal living room. I have been looking at furniture in several places, and this chair would have cost me at least $450.00 where I live. My husband did not complain about the assembly, so it must have been easy enough!