Let's start with the good: Nice looking console table with handy drawers and pull out shelves. I like the rustic appeal of this piece of furniture, but it is versitile enough to work with a number of design ascetics. The bad: No assembly instructions, final screw nearly impossible to put in because pull out shelves do not easily pull out entirely. A few strange white marks on the surface that had to be sanded out. Table was also not level, we had to prop up one leg with a piece of felt.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was very similar to website, perhaps a bit darker.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent, but not excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a late review as the item was kept in its box for over six months. (The woes of household refurbishing...) But our handyman made no complaints about putting it together and it looks very nice. I like the simplicity of the design, the usefulness of the drawers and shelves, the modest depth that works easily in a cramped landing space (or a crowded dining room). My only complaint is that the shelves, when extended, display dark metal sides with exposed nuts and bolts. Trying for an "industrial" aesthetic, are we? Not working. I'm thinking a bit of complimentary wood stain might improve matters, or low-hanging plants if you're an over-reactor. But others may disagree, and in any event it is not a deal-breaker. I'm happy with my choice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, handsome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This console table is perfect for the space we have. The color is great. It is roomy for a tv and cable box. It also hides the wires very well. Great product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product supersedes what I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site descruption of the console was very accurate
The only problem is the pull out "cutting boards", for want of a better term, don't (as far as I could tell) come out. There is one screw hole that is covered by this pullout. There is NO way the provided allen wrench could be utilized to get to them. I used a ratcheting screw driver to get the screws in. Set came with an allen wrench "bit". It would take 3 times as long as it did to install the others as well using the supplied tool. That was the con. Pro. I love style and function, now that it is put together.Goes well in the office as a catch all table.