The wood on this table looks great and the sharp edges are nice. That said, the height of the table is certainly much more than 18 inches as advertised. This table is 22/23 inches high.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality wood but the metal frames are nothing special.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The height of the table is definitely incorrect. I measured closer to 22/23 inches in height instead of the 18 and change that they advertised.
Very disappointed. We were trying to lighten up our living room with a lighter wood but this table was nothing as pictured. The wood is very dark. It's an ugly brown color. I would try to refinish it but I'm not sure what kind of wood it actually is or if it's even real wood. Returning.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very dark brown/walnut color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
I like the style of the table, and the price for a solid wood top table can't be beat. However when it arrived, I could hear the metal legs clanking around loose in the packaging. They came out dinged up. The table top is a nice, cool-tone elm wood, with the grain of oak and the tone of walnut. However it is skewed / off center from the base, so you can see where it doesn't line up. The corners have a nice dovetail detail. However, one of the corners was clearly dinged up at the factory and then sloppily patched over. I've seen this table sell on other sites for more than at Overstock. And it's a well known brand of furniture. I'm surprised at the lack of quality control. Maybe I got a dud. Overstock was great about giving me a partial credit for the damaged table, as I didn't want to hassle with returning it. It will do for now, especially with pets and kids around, but I plan on replacing it soon. Note that it is also a bit high for a coffee table (18.3 inches, not 18 as stated in the description).
There was a dent in the metal frame, but it isn't noticeable when the table is right side up. Some minor scratches in the legs, but again, nothing that's too noticeable. Assembly was easy. Table seems sturdy. Wood is a bit darker than it appears in the picture, but I'm ok with it.
When I first received the table, it had been damaged during shipping (something punctured the box going all the way through the 'wooden' table top). Once I filled out the return information, my new table was shipped within 48 hours--awesome job on Overstocks part!! The wood is a bit darker than pictured as other reviews have stated. More cardboard toned opposed to whitewashed-ish, but was still in the vicinity I was looking for tone-wise anyway. The grain pattern was beautiful and adds a nice little something to the table as well, plus the style of this table lets me not have to worry about dings and scratches since it kind of goes with it's look. Need to give it some more time to see about durability, but it seems sturdy!
it's not built good. there are cracks & scratches. screws were not easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is little disappointing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was accurate enough
The table looks great. The only problem is that the legs tend to move a little. I keep having to tighten them and move them back into place.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate