The carpet is darker in person - at least by 2 shades. Not as light as shown - no light beige, more like a gray-beige. It has a very masculine look. Very soft on the foot. But it sheds daily. So you do need to vacuum daily at least for a few weeks. I have had it for 3 weeks and it still sheds. But if you don't mind the shedding, then it is a great product. I would recommend it, although as I previously stated, it is a few shades darker in real life.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent - Very soft, but as advertised, there is shedding. So beware.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Coloring is off
This rug was chosen for it's vintage appearance. It is used in a Great Room with Shabby Chic antique furnishings. The design and worn look are interesting. My complaint is that the rug pile and weave are very thin. Not up to the usual standards of Safavieh Rugs. I am a designer and have used their rug products for many different projects. Disappointed in the pile construction and quality, but the overall appearance is effective.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pile is very thin
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
I've been contemplating this rug and a couple others for a while now for my child's nursery. I'm happy with this rug, it's very soft and a good neutral to go with the white and very, very pale pinks in the room. As noted, it's thin, but adds too the vintage look and goes well with the Parisian/shabby chic look I'm going for. May add a little extra softness with a small sheepskin throw rug in front of the crib.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same, slightly darker at a different angle.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love the look of this rug. It couldn't be more perfect for my living room. However, it does need to be vacuumed regularly because it pills a lot. I also have yet to find a method for pulling up stains. My son made a couple of spots on it and normal stain removers mat down the rug. It doesn't stand out that badly though because of the vintage look. Overall, the rug is too pretty to be upset with the quality problems I've had.
I purchased this rug for our basement. I love the design, it is beautiful in person! It looks so gorgeously aged. For the price, this was a great buy. Please note that the rug is fairly thin (I like that it is, but you could put a rug pad underneath it to increase thickness if desired). I have noticed that it does shed a little (as previous noters reviewed) but it has not been too bad for me - it vacuums right up.