I ordered this giant rug since our new condo is all hardwood floors. This rug fills in most of the space between our leather sectional and the TV. It's very soft- nice to walk on and really warms the place up. I am currently obsessed with gray. I love the gray color in this rug but there is also a lot of beige as the design is MUCH more noticeable and prominent than the picture shows. The gray parts are made up of dark gray and light gray thread twisted together. The beige parts are made of dark beige and light beige/ivory thread twisted together. So this makes it look kind of speckled, which I don't care for. I wish the thread was solid gray and solid beige but others might prefer this feature. We ordered a no slip pad to go underneath but it doesn't need one and I would recommend starting without it. The rug is think enough that the added sliver of cushion from the pad is negligible. And this rug is so big and tucked under the couch and coffee tables that ti's not slipping around. The texture is very different from what I thought from the first zoomed out picture. I think that picture makes the texture look kind of silky but that is not the case. Look at the close up pictures- the threads are big and soft and not shiny. Pile height is one height throughout the rug- it is not lower on the pattern.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shades of color are pretty close to the first picture but the design, texture and look of the rug are very different. There is much more contrast than what you can see in the close up pictures. The beige pattern contrasts against the gray.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems like great quality to me- we're using it in a high traffic area- living room (only a couple weeks so far)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Brief but nothing inaccurate
Carpet was very plush. It smelled a little bit after laying it down. There are swirl designs that aren't very visible in the picture but fairly prominent in the actual carpet. Overall, I'm very happy with the my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The carpet was a little more grey than in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I was surpised how soft this rug is. The picture is pretty accurate - the only difference is that there is more of the lighter beige than shown. I am happy with the rug and so far and it seems like it will hide any stains well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This rug has a definite pattern, not blurred as the picture portrays. I got it for the color, which is beautiful. Pulls both gray and beige which makes it a great addition to my dining room. The rug is super plush and soft. Highly recommend!
I was looking for a more casual, SOFT rug for my new home. I have 3 grandchildren, and wanted them to be able to lie on the rug in comfort. One of them actually hugs this rug when he comes into my house! They love the soft, cozy feel, and so do I. Colors are truly smoke and beige. And no wool fibers all over everything. I'm so glad I purchased this rugc!
This rug is plush and very soft under your feet. I purchased it for our living room because I wanted something that would be comfortable for our kids to sit and play on as well. There is definitely more beige in this rug than the picture shows but I was expecting that from the reviews. I am really pleased with this purchase!
Being a shag rug, this rug has a nice weight to it since it is more dense than most rugs. I have it over our tighter woven Berber rug in our bonus room. There are flecks of white scattered within the two-tone colors -grey and tan. I plan on using it with a new tan sectional as soon as it arrives. I looked at many grey rugs and like this one the best. I am very happy with it so far.
...as others have stated it DEFINITELY has more tan in it than the picture indicates. HOWEVER, that's fine because the rug looks even better in person than the picture. I've had it a short time and everyone who sees it absolutely loves it!