I love these chairs so much! I ordered one at first to give it a trial run and two days later when i received the first chair, I ordered 7 more! The construction quality is excellent- the leather is supple and soft yet is thick and very durable. The chairs go fantastic with my dining room table which sits on top of my creme shaggy rug. This is the exact chair from a *name brand* showroom I've been eyeing at a shopping center and over there it was A LOT more expensive. Can you imagine my surprise to find it here on Overstock?! I love Overstock!
These chairs do not disappoint! Their elegant lines lend themselves well to my transitional style. The stitching is done well, and the leather doesn't feel cheap. In fact, the leather has a raised pebbled pattern that brings more interest to the simple and classic look. I would've preferred more of an ebony stain on the legs, but the reddish brown stain was done well. The chairs are very comfortable, but the cushioning doesn't bounce back quickly if you sit on it for more than a few minutes. I'm currently using them in my home office, but I could easily move them to my living room when I need extra seating. I plan on using them as head chairs in my dining room down the road when I get a longer table; they coordinate well with my Monaco burnt red leather chairs (another Overstock.com purchase). Bottom line, they're classic, elegant, and versatile!
This chair was purchased as an accent chair for our master bedroom and I'm very pleased with it. The chair is exactly as it appears on the website and arrived quickly and was completely assembled. Since this chair does not receive heavy use in our home I can not comment on how durable it would be in the long haul, but I'd be inclined to say that it would also hold up well in daily use. I'm glad that I made this purchase as it is a good buy for the money.
I would rather pay more for a better made chair. The leather looks OK. You could feel the frame of the chair while sitting in it. After getting up, your imprint would remain on the chair for a long time, the leather would stretch and sag. If you want furniture that will last you more than a couple of years, these chairs are not for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality and craftmenship. You can see crooked, uneven lines ansd wrinkles along the edges.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? some what accurate.
I bought two of these Soho Creme Leather Arm Chairs for my dining room . My new home has a much larger dining room than I had before and I wanted to leave my table fully extended (two leaves). I placed three chairs on each side and a Soho Arm Chair at each end--perfect. Friends thought I had gotten a new dining set! The leather is only moderate quality, but still looks nice. the color is exactly as it looks on the screen which matched my window blinds and the beige in my oriental rug perfectly. I am happy with the size. A top named store had similar chairs that were quite a bit more money and their seats were very narrow. these are quite comfortable. If we entertain a larger crowd, we turn them around after dinner to face the living room for added seating there. I have been using them for several months now and I love them.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? very nice
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Love these chairs!!! waited too long the first time they were available because i couldnt decide between these and the fabric ones.... in the end purchased these and so glad i did! Not only are they beautiful, but a snap to clean up.... and much needed with a 2yr old and a new born on the way! The only problem I had was that in shipping some of them were damaged (they are shipped in one piece) Overstock was great with returning and getting me new ones right away.... but if you have any opportunity to check the chairs out before your ups driver drives away; do!!! That way you dont have to accept the shipment and the hassle of trying to get them to a ups store yourself.
this is my 3rd shipment of a creme leather chair and the color just does not cut it. the picture's do not, or maybe never will, show the true color...or somewhere in the factory they can't get the color right. this chair just arrived and it is a very yellow beige and not creme at all. the chair actually is not comfortable with the seat being really flat and not sturdy to hold on up comfortably.
By Review Response Team
Thank you for writing this review for the Soho Creme Leather Arm Chair. We have investigated your complaint and have confirmed that the correct chair is being sent out. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ok, this is not smooth leather, but a textured type of leather, and slightly bumpy. It is a beautiful chair and I have it in the entry way. I also have this chair with linen fabric. The fabric chair doesn't wear well in a child's room at all. This chair was meant to go with a Pottery Barn ebony round table. The height is perfect, the color looks rich and it is very comfortable to sit in for the limited time at dinner. My disappointment was that after sitting in the chair, the seat crinkles and their is an in dent, or a scooped out hollow that doesn't spring back very quickly. I guess you could solve this with a chair cushion. I was nervous that if used too much for dining, the chair wouldn't spring back and I would be left with a saggy seat. I loved using the chair as a desk chair, but I stopped because I didn't want to permanently have a wrinkle.It is very comfortable with good support. Usually my Bichon will jump up and sit behind me on the chair. The chair is very durable and the chair legs are a rich dark brown, not red.The seat is fine with the chair in an entry way and it is more for show. I guess if the dining room isn't used very much, then the chairs would be fine. The chair arrived quickly and in perfect condition.I could never, ever try and put together dining room chairs. The chair is encased in so much bubble wrap that it is very protected. Buy this chair but beware of the creasing in the seat after use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fine except for the seat wrinkling
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The only reason I didn't give this product an Excellent rating was because of the color. One picture shows the chair having a yellow-ish hue which I didn't want. While it was not, it was more of a beige color than creme. To me creme is lighter than beige and unfortunately it was more beige. I wish the chairs would have been a little lighter. But other than that, the chairs are quite sturdy and very attractive. Goes perfectly as accent chairs in a sitting area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little disappointing; wish they were lighter.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate.
These chairs are very nice They are slightly more beige than creme or off white. The leather is a pebbled leather so it is not totally smooth. The legs are also more of a dark cherry than espresso
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
The chairs are lovely. We ordered two for our office lobby and they are very nice. Study frame and they arrived assembled. The leather is good quality and there is nothing cheap-looking about the chair. They are a bit smaller than I imagined, and would probably look much better in a dining room or bedroom setting. However, they are just as described and I am very pleased with the purchase.
My husband and I are thrilled. We ordered two to use as Host and Hostess chairs for our dining room. They came in 2 days. They arrived in perfect condition and in plenty of time for Thanksgiving. These chairs are so comfortable and just the right size. The quality of the leather rivals chairs I've seen that were much more expensive. Everyone who sees them agrees.
I love the chair. It's not as yellow as in the picture on my computer screen - which was a good thing. It more neutral. The wood legs are stained with a reddish tint, they looked more brown to me. I wish they were more brown, but it's ok.
Chair arrived well packaged with no damage. The leather is a ligh tan color, not off white as other reviewrs have noted with the chair legs a cherry stain. Looks elegant and modern. Happy with the purchase and intend to buy more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Match - Light Tan color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears well made. Leather is well stiched and does not bunch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close
I looked at very similar chairs at a "modern home" store. I was able to buy both on O.co for the price of one at the other store! I actually like these better because of the light pebbled texture of the leather. Have stood up to company and little messy hands well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The chair was the perfect color combination for my room. The wood is dark RED be aware of that, it's not really mentioned The padding is minimal. It will need to be reupholstered at some point in the not too distant future. The style is perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? close
Buy this chair. Now. You will not regret it. Call me if you do! (You won't need my number :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This chair is comfortable, elegant and even better than the website photo. I am using the chair with a desk in the open living room/dining room. I thought a traditional office chair would be out of place and sought a modern look. This chair is great. I think it adds value to the space.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Sturdy. Great stitching on the leather. Leg color is a bit redder than the photo but this worked to my advantage because the table is cherry.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect site description. Thanks.
We were looking for some extra seating for our living room that could be moved in when needed but kept in another room. We needed something comfortable for guests yet light enough to move easily. This chair fit the bill. It's very comfortable and looks nice. The quality is decent. The finish on the legs is a little thin but the leather seems very durable. We ordered one chair and noticed that the packaging was a bit on the skimpy side, but the chair seemed mostly undamaged. We ordered a second chair and sure enough, that chair had a rougher time in transit and arrived damaged. However Overstock's replacement policy was hassle-free (they immediately sent a replacement and told us to give UPS 10 business days to claim the damaged goods). UPS never contacted us, so now we just have to figure out how to get rid of the damaged chair.
I was looking for small-scale chairs for my loft to replace the ones that my cat had scratched up. These are perfect! She doesn't like them so they should last a long time. The soft creme color blends so nicely with my beige carpet, The shipping was quick and it was so nice that the chairs were already assembled. I am very happy with my purchase.