Paired these with an antique round table (Lexington Abingdon 74"). Bought 8 chairs. The store from where these are sold lists each chair for $395 a chair. The only thing that would improve the chair is a longer length from torso to knee, but no big deal since the tradeoff is the chairs are light and easy to move around...and "hand carved" is a great plus. Painted dining room Ben Moore "etiquette", installed a crystal chandelier and ceiling to floor sheer window treatments and the whole room is just stunning!
Nice quality, very sturdy, attractive chairs. Cream colored distressed paint (photo looks slightly gold, but the finish is a more rustic-looking distressed finish- cream paint & natural wood showing in places.) The seat is strangely shallow, as noted by another reviewer. It seems a bit unnatural - not quite the normal dimensions of a standard dining chair. The dimensions are actually 21 wide, 18 deep, 37 high. Also the seat is pretty stiff to sit on, but hopefully will soften a bit with use. Overall, quite happy with these chairs - they look lovely at a dining table and seem like they will last forever. One arrived broken and was quickly replaced. Price is good. Wish they would offer the arm-chair version of these chairs on Overstock - they are available from the manufacturer but are just too expensive ($600 each!)
Pretty chair. They are light and easy to move around. I agree with the other review in that they are slightly short from hip to knee. This is the only negative that I can find. Otherwise, the padding is comfortable. The carving on the chair is well done. The chair is neutral, and will go with anything.
The chairs are very pretty although I felt the gap in the edging took away from the quality. The problem is that they are very short and do not give a dynamic look in my dining room. The would be good for a small dining table, even in the kitchen. If you want a grand look, these are not the chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They are what you see
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The edging around the chair was not connected. There is a gap in the front.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate.
I had been obsessing about replacing my old dining room chairs for years. I took a gamble on these chairs (ordered 2 at first) and was delighted with them when they arrived. I am very very fussy and there is nothing I would change about them and, obviously, the price is right. (Additionally I had been planning on replacing the fabric with my own but the light beige fabric they came with couldn't be nicer.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought these chairs to go with a writing desk used as a vanity. I did not want 2 but they came as a pair. Now I am glad I have the second one, as it looks great beside the dresser. Definately a good value. The fabric is substantial and the wood frame is solid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair padding is nice and dense and the antiquing on the wood was nice and even . Looks very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
I think the chairs are wonderful to be used in a kitchen area. My dining room is not large by any stretch of the imagination nor is my dining table. These chairs give a very small appearance. I felt as though they were lost in what is not a very large room. I was very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the chairs are nice but they are not for a dining room. They are too small to be considered for a dining room. They would make wonderful kitchen chairs. If you have a separate kitchen area and want really nice chairs these are for you. Not substantial enough for a dining room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It doesnt accurately describe the small appearance of these chairs. Even though I checked the measurements before ordering I still didnt think they would look so small.
It was hard finding exactly what I wanted. But these chairs are IT; study, attractive, true to how they were advertised. No assembly required. The size is just right; fits in a small space in my bedroom. Very comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is everything I thought it would be and more.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
The chairs are very well made, arrived quickly, and were packed very well. We bought an expensive dining room table, these chairs were great for the price-they look expensive too. Would also be nice as a desk or dressing table chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Photo and description were dead on,
I absolutely loved these chairs but unfortunately had to return them because of their size. I purchased them to add to four other chairs as part of my dining room set but the other chairs overpowered them in height and in width. They were just too small and looked odd. These chairs would look lovely in a young girl's room or in a smaller sitting area. The quality is good and they look very rich.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site compared accurately with the chairs
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent; very well made chairs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate
I bought three sets of these chairs for our formal dining area and our guests think we spent five times more than what we paid. They are absolutely beautiful in style, comfort and quality. They are light-weight which makes it easy for me to move around depending on seating arrangements and yet are sturdy enough for an enjoyable dining experience.
The chairs have lovely workmanship. They really perk up my dining room. I put one at each end of my burl wood Thomasville table to brighten up the room and they do just that. Only drawback is they are a bit short in height from hip upwards toward shoulder. But they are comfortable. Light weight also makes them easy to move around. I am overall pleased with them.
So stylish, especially if you desire a little bit of a French flavor in your space. I really do think I need two more. II second all of the other reviewers ... Get these chairs ... What are you waiting for?! (I waited a very long time.)