I think the rug is fine for the price, but the picture doesn't show that the backing, the material that the strands of carpet are attached to, is a dark gray/black color. The white strands separate with normal use and you can see dark gray/black at the base of the threads. The strands of the shag are not plentiful enough to hide the backing. The shag should be thicker or the backing should be white or ivory.
the color of the rug in the picture makes it look lighter than what it is. it is in my living room looking more yellow than the color in the picture. the description says it fits any decor. no it doesnt. it looks weird in my living room next to my camel color sofa. but i paid over $200 for this thing so I should at least use it for a month to get some use out of it. it is way too shaggy. i thought it was plush since the description said it was very comfortable. the rug is more stringy than plush. its like i'm taken back to the 70s with the shagginess.
I have had this rug since May 2009, and it is STILL shedding, although not to the excessive extent it did when it was new. We have this rug in our baby daughter's room and she loves to rake her hand through the carpet and see all the fuzz that clings to her hands. It is a beautiful rug; I love the look; but I still would not buy this again, just because it forces me to vacuum daily. I wish I would have known about the shedding earlier. There were no reviews that mentioned that when I bought this. In fact, I avoided other rugs because reviewers mentioned shedding. This is the only purchase from Overstock I've ever been disappointed with.
I loved this rug. I bought it to go in my bedroom and it looks beautiful.. It compliments the existing decor well. I love it and would highly recommend it to others. Beautiful rug and quick/fast delivery too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? whilte was really on target.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality of this product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description.
I loved the rug, and I bought another. They are luxurious looking and they are a perfect fit to my home. I bought two different sizes and once again colors were a little different but I didn't care. One is for the bedroom and one is for the formal living dining area.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? I bought two and one of them seems a bit different in color, but I don't care
- How is the quality of the product? Love the quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? It is descibed as it is seen, but again if you are picky with the coloring, it can vary a bit in its creamy whiteness.
The picture makes the rug look lighter than it actually is. Also, the spacing between the yarn in the rug are quite wide, so it tends to "part" and show the backing. If it were more densely woven, it would be a really great rug. That said, it is still a great rug for the price. I bought it for my new baby's room and it makes the floor really plush for her.
This is the second rug like this that I have purchased. The first was the 9X12 and it is great too. I bought this one for a smaller reading nook. Great rug can't go wrong.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little more cream than whiteish ivory-
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very soft and plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
I love this carpet! It arrived in a a timely manner and was extremely well packaged. The carpet is beautiful and very plush -- it is a perfect addition to my no-shoes, off-white living room. I have experienced zero shedding - which is something I was concerned about after reading several other reviews. Excellent quality at a reasonable price.
Beautiful, lush and color exactly as shown online. No idea why it's called "honey" white, which gave me some pause since it seems to me to indicate maybe brown or amber tips, but my experience with OStock is that their images are pretty spot on, so I went for it and I am glad I did. My pets took about 60 seconds before they claimed it at theirs also. Georgeous.
This is an outstanding rug. It is in our Morning Room and brings such cheer and lightness to what used to be a dull spot with flooring that matched the kitchen. Now it is a warm haven where one wants to go barefooted. I used to think of shag as something old houses had in them. Well, not anymore. This is not your grandmother's shag! Love, love, live it!
The rug is nice, but it gives off this distinct scent, but it doesn't bother me much. It might get covered with using some carpet freshner of febreez. I does shed, but not a lot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was spot on nice color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is very soft under foot, rug lining is darker than the color of the rug, which doesn't make since, but the plies are high enough to where you cant see the dark lining
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The online description was pretty accurate.
We have used it for our living room and it looks quite nice. Actually we took this line of rugs in 3 varying sizes. I have supplemented the review with pictures for better understanding by other prospective buyers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is not as obviously white as in the picture but its better for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very rich and plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
I wasn't sure about this rug when I received it (four days after I ordered it). Some of the fibers on the edge of the rug were poking through a hole in the plastic, and they felt rough. Once I unrolled the rug and put it down though, I realized the fibers were not indicative of how wonderfully SOFT and delightful it actually feels! The color was spot on. I have a very modern color palette of blue/gray walls, yellow accents and black furniture. I think the rug looks great, even against white curtains I have hanging up. The color is definitely more white, very little yellow. This thing is SO comfortable. I keep trying to find excuses to sit in the living room so my feet can sink into the softness. I would absolutely purchase this rug again. I hope it holds up so I don't have to though! On that note, It seems very well made. I know others had a different experience, but my rug did not have any sort of chemically smell beyond fifteen minutes after I rolled it out, and it has minimally shed (I have found two strands so far). The one thing I thought was odd was that there were pieces in the fibers of threads/fibers from other rugs that were obviously stored with this one. I had to spend ten minutes picking them off, but it wasn't a huge deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
It's great. It sheds a ton at first and then that dies down. It attracts dust, but if you keep up with it using a vacuum hose it's manageable. I think it's funny people are mad it's more creamy than white - it's called "honey white" which is cream. LOL. Anyway, that's exactly what I wanted and it goes great. I have two - a runner and the rug under my dining table. I actually came back today to buy a third because I need a rug in the living room and my feet were mad they only got to feel how soft it is when I'm eating dinner!!! So I'm getting another. I get a ton of compliments; it's stunning on my new dark hardwood floors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's great. It sheds a ton at first and then that dies down.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? totally accurate