When I saw this chair on overstock.com I loved it and had to order it. When it arrived though, there was a big problem. The back of the chair looked like someone tried to kick it apart. It was split and broken and sharp wood was poking out. Customer service was cooperative though and sent a replacement. The replacement was better, but still not good. The paint job is sloppy and the craftsmanship leaves a lot to be desired. It looks like someone spilled a little tan paint on the back rest and so there are streaks of tan where it should otherwise be dark. The chair's grooves are painted unevenly; I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way but it's not what I pictured and the stock photo doesn't zoom in far enough to really tell. My biggest peeve with the replacement chair is that one of the nails holding the cushion in place isn't nailed in. You can push it into the hole that's there to obviously hold it in, but it pulls right back out. We'll see if I can just hammer it in or not.
I was really surprised at the poor quality of this chair. The finish was not done well, and the packaging allowed the product to arrive broken in two places. When I sent for a replacement, the second chair arrived with the back nearly broken in two! Unbelievable!
I like the chair and think the price is fair. I am disappointed in the color, though it is acceptable. The fabric seems durable. The seat and cushioning is firm.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought I was getting a Belize chair. This looks more like a light grey chair.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and well balanced.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color was off.
This is a beautiful chair and perfect for my bridal consultation area. Classic in design and love the linen fabrication.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Upholstery is a bit darker than beige more of a grayish khaki
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice frame, upholstery is fine - not the greatest finishing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great description with exception of fabric color
Outstanding value. This is a truly beautiful piece that will not disappoint.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the wood is exactly what I expected. The color of the seat material was not beige as described but grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent! Chair is well made with beautiful details.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? With the exception of the color of the material, fairly accurate