The back of these chairs do NOT show above your counter. In other words, if you are wanting the type of counter stool where the back pops up over the counter so you can see the style, these are too short. As far as the height of the seat, it's perfect and works well at the counter. It's just that the backs are much smaller than they look in the photo. Pay close attention to dimensions when you order these. The color is darker than the photo too. I was hoping that they were the traditional light/ivory color of linen and they are definitely darker than that. They are more taupe/dark beige than ivory. All that said, they are nice. They look nice and the style is very current.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They are darker than the photos. The color is a dark beige/taupe. If you are looking for the traditional light linen color, this is darker.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
We ordered these chairs to accompany our counter-height table and they're absolutely perfect in size and styling. The fabric is really nice, tufting is sleek, and it's exactly as it looks on the site. We did have one loose nailhead, but that's easy enough to glue back on. The chair arrived fully assembled and is quite sturdy (yet light enough to maneuver easily). The color is a beige linen, which we incorporated into our living room that is actually painted gray, and it works well. This is a lovely neutral piece that is also quite stylish and comfy. (Make sure you pay attention to the dimensions. The seat back is fairly low, though not uncomfortably so. But if you're expecting a traditional high back dining chair, this isn't it.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great, sturdy, no frayed ends or missing elements
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
I absolutely LOVE this counter stool. It is beautiful and well-made. Unfortunately, it did not work with my kitchen due to size requirements. The sizing on the website is accurate, they just didn't look right scale-wise for me, but there was NOTHING wrong with the chairs. If they were a little wider and the back was a few inches taller I would have kept them and bought more. If you think the measurements will work for you and you like them, then I would get them. They are great quality and very sharp looking. I'm so bummed I had to return them but definitely think they are worth the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly
I can't see many homes where the size of these chairs would coordinate with existing décor. They look very miniature despite fitting to counter height (backs are small, seats are small, just appear odd). Grey in color too which I thought was going to be more neutral than it appeared. However, look to be quality made and studs look nice, wish it was just bigger and more appropriate for my kitchen. Be very careful about measuring and envisioning before ordering, returning is $*** to ship back.
I want to thank previous reviewers who made a point of detailing the size,height and color of this chair. It was just what I was looking for, and fits perfectly into our newly remodeled bathroom that has a 36" counter height vanity. I sit at it to put on makeup, and even to blow dry my hair. The chair has plenty of cushion to it and is very sturdy. Shipping was perfect. Thanks, Overstock.com.