I just got the chairs today and I love them! I was nervous about ordering them based on the previous 2 reviews, but I'm so happy I went with my gut and got them anyway. The leather DOES NOT look cheap or overly shiny as the first review led me to believe. It's a creamy off-white with a normal sheen found on any leather, but not a patent-leather shine which is what I feared. The rivets are a bright & shiny silver, but it works for me because i have a stainless & glass table. The legs are a dark cherry (red) finish. It's a quality chair... the stitching, seams, tufting and alignment of the rivets are all excellent. The back of the chair is a little short, so if you're looking for head chairs in a formal dining room, I'm not sure these will work. I'm using them as a dinette for an eat-in kitchen, so they're perfect for me. Overall to get this style and quality of chair in LEATHER is a GREAT bargain. Thanks Overstock!
I bought the chair believing that I was getting a leather chair, well it is not. The material is not soft as leather, it does not even look like imitation leather. I contact costumer care in Overstock and they told me that the material is BICAST LEATHER, if you go online you will find that this is NOT real leather. I am returning the chair also because it is very uncomfortable, and also because you can actually see and feel the springs all over the back of the chair. If you are looking to buy a very cheap looking plastic chair, dont think twice, this is your chair!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? like the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bad quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Wrong
This style chair would be better if the back was higher. It really is too short when it's around a table. I would consider the leather to be average quality. The color is on the yellowish side of cream. The seat has slack in it after sitting in for a few days. Not sure how well this will wear in time. I only ordered one and am I glad I did. I like the style but really not tall enough and the quality of leather is not as good as I like.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is cream with a yellow cast
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The seat has slack in it (after sitting in it) just after a few days.
The shape and lines of this chair are beautiful but something about it that doesn't make it seem high-end (maybe the shiny silver rivets, shininess of the leather or the redness of the legs). It kind of bugs me because every time I look at it I feel like it could be better looking by changing a few small things. But I'm probably being ultra-picky. Of course, the price was what attracted me and you can't beat Overstock's low shipping charges so if you need something similar you'll probably be happy with these. Just know that Overstock's descriptions are sometimes very OFF - dark mahogany legs these are not. They are super-reddish. I've seen Overstock describe these chair legs as espresso as well, which is totally wrong. Thank goodness for customer reviews!
The chair is beautiful, my main problems are: 1) the legs are a little lighter than I'd hoped/expected. They are definitely a mahogany reddish brown, not nearly black as I was hoping. 2) the seat of the chair (the part you sit on) isn't as firm as it should be. It definitely seems as though the seat is going to start sagging after continued use. I'm not really sure what to do with the chair now, as its too expensive to ship back but I don't like it enough to get another and have a set.
Love the chair. I didn't look at the dimensions prior to purchase. It's a little smaller than I thought it would be, but it's very pretty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, no assembly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I like this chair a lot. I bought one then 7 more. very stylish. Exact look I was going for. the color tufting nailhaid combo makes it a classic beauty.It is smaller than I would have prefer though and the legs are skinny making me wonder about how sturdy and durable it will be. Despite those drawbaks, I would buy it again
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good. Though on the small side
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
love these chairs. they go perfect in my dining room around a round espresso wood table. very classy with the silver nailheads
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
These chairs are exactly what I wanted. Would order these again. Love them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was pretty close to what you see on the internet.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I originally purchased this chair as a desk chair. Once I received it, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and the overall appearance. I decided against my office and put it in my sitting room. Great chair, even better price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product quality is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was very accurate
Its what I expected EXCEPT for the chair's legs. They aren't dark wood as stated. More of a cherry color. Great chair-great deal. Ill just stain the chair legs the shade I want. Its a great deal for the style and chair this is. Chairs are SO expensive these days,so I'm happy with this. And you can see its not a "comfy" chair, so people complaining about that are crazy. This chair is about STYLE. And i am sitting in it now. Its not uncomfortable. Just not comfortable!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? what I expected EXCEPT for the chair's legs. They aren't dark wood as stated. More of a cherry color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great. What I epected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? chair legs were off re color
I absolutely love this chair... I bought it for my photography studio for the neutral color and interesting shape. I absolutely love it for family, kids, and high school girls. Just what I wanted and at a great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly creamier ivory in person which was just what I wanted. It looks slightly more white online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality construction.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This was accurately described.
I ordered this chair for use in my home office despite other customer reviews that were not so great. Unfortunately, the price of this chair did not translate quality. The chair itself actually looks nice, but the structure seems to be inferior. There is little or no cushion in the seating area and it will probably wear down easily. I don't think it would be very comfortable for frequent use.
They are a creamy white color, not grey at all. The legs are a cherry brown. I purchased one to see if I like it and ordered three more for my kitchen table. I have a glass top table so the beauty of these chairs shows thru. The nailhead trim is nice. They are comfortable. The seat seems be to a little short. The seat of my old chairs hit me behind the knee, these are about 4 inches above the knee. They seem to be sturdy. My husband liked them and they wash off easily.
These chairs are beautiful! The color is a light eggshell. They came fully assembled with no damage. They are very light in weight so maybe that is why some people are saying they seem cheap, but I love that about them. I ordered 2 to be at the ends of my antique dining table. The other chairs are small, so they balance well with the others. They are perfect as people can move them in and out from under the table with ease since they are light. I disagree with one reviewer saying they seem like they will weaken over the yrs. I mean, my antique chairs have heavy people on them sometimes and these chairs are much more sturdy than them. I would highly recommend :)
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No- chair legs are cherry wood color
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, except colors
They arrived well packed, easy to get out of the box with no assembly needed, lightweight and easy to move around. Recommend the " gripper " type chair pads for added protection. These chairs are NOT for heavyweights ... keep it under 200 lbs for sure ..... attractive at the dining table or as side chairs. My dining area is part of my living room and these work very well in the setting. I will enjoy them as they are comfortable, and I spend a lot of time sitting at this table. They look more expensive than they are.