After reading some of the other reviews I was a little concerned about the quality of the chairs & also them being too small. So I measured my previous dining room chairs to compare & these were the exact same! They are lighter than they look, but the hand carved wooden legs make for a very sturdy chair! The black linen button tufting on the chair backs is very pretty & looks expensive. I have three sons, all over six ft. tall, we have family night at my house once a week spending several hours sitting in these chairs around the table having dinner & playing games & not one of them have complained about the comfort of the chairs! The only reason I didn't rate them "Excellent" was due to the weight of the chairs, but please keep in mind that is indicative of the birch wood they are made from & has nothing to do with quality in this case! I first purchased six chairs, I loved them so much I purchased another four! The style is versatile in today's decor/design & can work in several situations like a pair of bedroom chairs, a desk chair, or even a vanity chair if the space allows for it! Another great place these chairs would be paired would be in a entry or hallway! The great thing about them not being a heavy, clunky chair is that you can use them anywhere in the house, but they are super easy to move if you suddenly need more seating! I was happy with the white wash finish, but the designer in me always seems to have to "one up" myself! Yes, I painted them ! A crisp white lacquer! I was very pleased with the outcome, as this made the beautiful black linen fabric pop even more so! I married them with a simple, yet elegant, large black oblong french style dining room table & a more contemporary styled three piece, white lacquer, mirrored buffet/sideboard for a super glam "Old Hollywood" look! Gorgeous!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was extremely accurate!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall very good!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Again, extremely accurate!
These chairs work beautifully with very formal or modern. Can't imagine a situation where these wouldn't blend in. They are really well made and you cannot beat the price! Really beautiful chairs. They have dressed up our dining room very nicely. Cannot say enough good things about them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great. As others have said, the wood isn't as whitewashed but more dark grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is perfect.
Love these chairs. Bought 6. They're pricey but you get with you pay for with these. I have them around a white lacquered rectangular table from West Elm and they're perfect. I thought I'd want to paint the wood, as other reviewers have suggested, but I like the bit of rustic feel of these chairs. It's a nice contrast to the contemporary shape and fabric.
These chairs are very nice in my breakfast nook. They are heavier than others in this style, and are definately made of wood (not resin like some) They arrived and one leg was broken on one chair, but it was no hassle, overstock sent out a replacement right away. The only thing that is not quite like the picture, is the wood, it is not as white as it is shown. The color is more of the aged oak with a little white washing. The seat is nice and wide and pretty comfy, they are heavy enough to accommodate a larger person. Overall, I love the look and would definately reccommend these chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The wood on the chairs is not as white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
These chairs appear very well made and I like the style. The wood is definitely darker than I imagined.....even after reading other reviews, I still thought they would not be as dark as they are....so be prepared for that. Since the upholstered areas are attached to the wood, I think I will be unable to lighten the wood color without fear of harming the fabric so I'll leave it as is. I'm thinking they should not be described as antiqued "white" at all. The chairs are a nice addition to my dining room and are also used in the living room when additional seating is required.
These are nice, the fabric is a nice black linen. They were well packaged and arrived in perfect condition. The whitewash is not pronounced as it is in the picture, they are mostly wood color. I will be applying more white paint to lighten them up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is much darker than shown. The whitewash is not as pronounced, they are mostly wood. I will be applying more white paint on my own.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good. It's what I expected for this price point.
I order 4 chairs which arrived three business days after I ordered them. They are darker in person and I, like many others, am planning on painting them a bright glossy white to really make them pop. Very comfortable for all heights (I am 5' 2" and my boyfriend is 6' 4"). The fabric isn't as lush as I'd like, but is very practical for a kitchen setting. I would recommend this product, especially for the low price.
LOVE LOVE LOVE these chairs. The color is more of a grey than whitewash but it works perfectly in my dining room. My walls are a light shade of grey, espresso hardwoods, and I have decorated in a hollywood regency black and white motif so the chairs go perfectly. It's like it was meant to be! The linen is a great quality and the wood on the chairs is solid not that cheap MDF crap. I would so recommend these. Price is a little steep but cheaper compared to what I have seen in stores. I love them so much I ordered four and am contemplating on ordering two more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More of a grey than a whitewash
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is very sturdy and the chairs are not petite be any means. They are a great size. A little shorter than other dining chairs but more than enough support
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color, the description was perfect
I really like these chairs. The biggest flaw for me is that I was hoping they would be more white. I'm using them as side chairs in my living room and I'll probably just whitewash them myself to brighten them up a bit. They seem a little lighter in weight than I expected, but they have a strong and sturdy appearance. I've looked at a lot of chairs like this on other sites and you definitely can't beat the price for these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The wood part of the chair is not even close to being white. It's more of a brown with a bit of a chalky white color in the creases around the carving. The overall color is much darker than expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I just received these, but the quality seems very nice. I like the fabric and was pleased to see that there is also fabric on the back of the chairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description calls them petite but I wouldn't consider them small at all. They are a bit larger than my regular dining chairs.
they are not petite as the description says. they are a good size in fact - wider than my previous chairs. they are solid wood and very attractive. the wood, however, is not at all as pictured. this is disappointing, and I, like the other reviewer, considered returning them, but I will be whitewashing them instead. I already purchased what I thought was a matching whitewashed dining table, so these will not "go."
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They are brown with a very light white rub. more like antiqued brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, comfy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? mostly
These chairs are beautiful and well made, my only problem is the color of the wood is much darker is person, the wood is brown and not an antique white, I thought about returning them, but I love them and brown is growing on me........I ordered them on Wednesday and had them the following Monday, thanks overstock for fast deliverly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the wood isn't an antique White, is it an antique Brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality