I purchased this table for my daughters room. She has cherry beds and a desk and mirror from Pottery Barn in an off white. I wanted the nightstand to fit in with both. It is lovely and works perfectly. The stand color is a bit more on the yellow side of cream, but it has a nice "distressed" look to it, so it appears a bit "aged". I agree with the other reviewer that the top is darker than it appeared in the picture. But I would still say it is a dark brown. I would call it walnut. It has a wash over it that gets a little darker towards the edges, and right at the edges it approaches ebony. But the variation in tones I think makes it match more wood pieces. The iron shelf on the bottom is very pretty and the drawers work well. It was very easy and obvious how to put it together, even though it didn't come with directions. Overall very happy with my purchase. It fits perfectly in my daughters room, ties the white wood and cherry wood pieces together, works well and looks great.
I just bought two of this item. This is my first experience shopping with Overstock.com. I am not a negative Nelly, but I am disappointed in this purchase. My issue is mainly the top of this piece is VERY VERY DARK. Much darker then the photo dipicts it as and for our purposes we need a more medium tone, which is how the photo appears. Now I am not sure it will work in the bedroom as we had hoped. A lot of $ for this experience. Putting it together was very easy and it arrived in good condition for what it is. The knobs are cheap / tin -alum looking, but this can be easily replaced. My complaint & WARNING is for those who are expecting this to be a medium toned wood on the top. It's not...it's cusing dangerously close to ESPRESSO BLACK! Also...what is with Overstock and their "THE PRICE TODAY IS__________???? I became an O member and now the daily price of this piece is 8 bucks cheaper. I would have liked that discount x 2 instead. Otherwise...the white is as it appears in the photo...if I can figure our a way to make that horrible DARKER then DARK top work, it seems to function fine. Easy to put together, well packed & drawers move fine. Hope this helps you if you're thinking of buying. I know that I appreciated reading the reviews on O when shopping for these nightstands. I should have waited for reviews to come in on this one before buying....
This night stand is perfect for my blue guest bedroom. Its just the right hight and the bottom cut out shelf is perfect for a flower arrangement. I wish I had bought two of them. Maybe something similar in the future for the Master bedroom. I love shopping at 'O' and haven't been disapointed with anything I've purchased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ABSOLUTELY PERFECT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY HIGH QUALITY
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? PRODUCT WAS AS ADVERTISED
This is a super cute table if you're trying to furnish a guest room or rarely used room cheaply. For a room you "live" in, I'd go to a furniture store and get something higher quality. I love the shabby cottage/primitive look and have purchased custom-made pieces from country stores that are truly hand-crafted and worth every penny. Drawer construction with dovetails, hand-roughed paint, etc. This piece looks a little too "machine-worn" and the quality of the wood and workmanship is evident of cheap labor in a factory overseas. It is adorable though, very easy to assemble, and I'd recommend it for those trying to save money for a guest room makeover.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just OK -- drawer construction is sloppy, cheap. Antiquing of paint looks a little too machine-made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
It seemed a little high and my husband almost cut the bottom. But we got use to it and left it alone. I really like the style. Its cottage looking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a bit more yellower
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I really like the table. I bought two for nightstands and they look and work great. Assembling the first one took about 20 minutes but only about 5 to do the next. Don't tighten the screws until you put all four legs on. I did have to chisel one of the screw holes to get the screw in straight so look to see if the holes are clear so you don't drive yourself crazy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
This was easy to assemble and looks great in the room It is not big so if you are looking for something large this is not the product I liked the two tone color and after reading previous reviews I thought the top was actually darker than it is but looks good anyway It didn't cost a lot of money so don't expect high quality but very good for the money
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched the picture although previous reviews lead me to believe that the top was darker than described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I was well pleased with the table. The color was the same as picture shown. The table is well constructed and easy to put together. I love this table as it goes very good in my house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the screen is true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well constructed, and easy to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Bought two end tables to fit a small space and these were excellent in dimensions. Nice and tall, too. Having two drawers is a plus. Easy to put together even without directions. Solid and sturdy drawers slide smoothly. My one disappointment was that the color of the base is NOT white, or even antique white. It is cream/vanilla/light yellowish color. The metal knob is white and the bottom metal shelf is white. I'll be spray painting them white because otherwise they are ideal for my needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Poor color match on the "white" base. Perfect color match on the "dark brown" top. The base is not white. It is a yellow-cream color. The metal knobs and metal bottom shelf ARE white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is sturdy and solid. Wood top is very lovely. Finish all over is smooth.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Size was a perfect match. Color match on "white" base was a no-go.
This table makes a perfect nightstand and accent piece all in one. It is definitely a good option for when you are limited on space beside a bed. It has nice height and stands out in the bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
The assembly in this case is very straight-forward. Screw in the legs, add the shelf, screw on the bottom feet. The result: A nice, sturdy little table that looks rustic and cute. These are sturdy and work well as night stands. The drawers are made from very light-weight wood. I wouldn't put much weight in them. Overall, nice; but not outrageously nice.
I was so happy to find a bedside table that fit our room -- most are way too wide (24" or more) and it has taken me forever to find something suitable. I could not be happier with this product. We ordered it on a Sunday and it was at our home by Tuesday--so fast!! It is very well made and looks perfect in our bedroom. Very easy to put together. I don't agree with a previous reviewer about the color of the top of the table. It is a dark brown, but nowhere near 'ebony' -- I was a little nervous after reading that but it is just beautiful and i could not be happier!
This table was beautiful - the bottom scroll area looks just like on the site. Unfortunately I was so disappointed as the table arrived damaged - not by the shipping but how it was made. The dark top has a beautiful stain on it - and there was a small gap - only about 1/16th of an inch - but enough to cause a gap on the top and you could see the unstained wood inbetween. I needed to return it and did found something else to replace it. Not something that I was as excited about as this one unfortunately - but due to tiiming I needed to find something quickly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was beautiful. A dark wood top and the distressed rest of the table. Looked very much like the site description and photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the iverall table looked to be very good however the top of the table had a gap is in between the two boards. It was only about a 1/16th of an inch, but couldn't be used or fixed so I returned the table.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate