In the picture the color appears to be a Dark Grey as in the description and the wood appears to be very dark as well. When it arrives it actually is more of a tweed looking fabric with tones of purple Brown and black. The wood is actually more of a medium brown which does not match my table. Over all the chair looks nice and is of a fair quality for the value... The fabric is pulling slightly in the back of some of the chairs but otherwise nicely made... but if you are looking for a higher quality chair this isn't it. If you are looking for something of value and of nice presentation this chair is for you. I kept the chairs more so because of the price and convenience that they were already in my home and i didn't want to deal with returns. I'm a little disappointed but for the price I was willing to keep them for a couple of years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chair is ok for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not enough detail of the fabric and wood color
PRO: The chairs are pretty, lightweight and have a nice wide seat. CON: They are pricey Made in China chairs (I bought 6) and they have a very strong STINK---they smell like formaldehyde. Every time I entered the house for 3 weeks I could smell it. You can still smell it when the house is closed up all day. It's probably the flame-retardant (that is a known carcinogenic) and it is taking a long time to dissipate. I wish the dimensions had been more accurate as the seat is a bit low for my table. The site said the seat height was 20.5 but it's really 19" .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is definitely brown--BUT as previous reviewers said, it does have a muted purplish greyish tint to it. Personally, I like it---but I would NOT call it "chocolate" brown. It's more like grey and eggplant mixed with brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are lightweight, the legs are cherry (dark redddish brown) and it was nice to not have to assemble them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The seat height is NOT 20.5" tall---it is 19"----and when they are used for a couple of years that will probably go down a couple of inches....
the chairs worked out perfectly. shipping and arrival exceeded expectations. the price was terrific!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a bit lighter and more purple-ish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate