This bench was a huge disappointment. It looked cheaply constructed. The "linen-look" fabric looks like cotton canvas, nothing linen about it. The stain on the legs was unevenly applied, very noticeably so. And the worst part was that it was impressively uncomfortable - hard as a rock. I was SO excited about recieving this and it was back in the box ready to return in under ten minutes. For the price I was expecting much better quality.
Once again, O does it right! Love the ottoman & the price. Furniture legs look great, too. Only complaint: Linen fabric is a tighter weave than RH Sand Belium Linen fabric. However, looks nice infront of RH English Rolled Arm Sofa. Legs match RH sofa!
This is a great value for the price. I searched around for an ottoman similar to this one and the price didn't compare to Overstock. The color is more of a gray linen, think oyster shell. This however worked out to my advantage and matches my furniture perfectly.. My only compliant is that every leg that came with the ottoman was scratched! It was an easy fix with a stain marker but really shouldn't be sent out like that. Pick your battles. I am an interior designer and approve.....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is more of a gray linen. Think oyster shell
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Almost on point
I have been looking for so long and relied on reviews, but they were mixed. I had 2 of these, returned due to defects. It's not Overstocks' fault and they do bend over backwards to help, but if you are fussy like me you won't like this design by Safavieh. They failed to use batting over the top of the foam and you can see the cuts of the foam that create the angle of the pillow top. This gray/beige has a very pronounced pink undertone, not like the RH Sand AT ALL!!!!! And the legs are a bright painted cherry stain over the kind of wood that has no grain, 2 of which were marked up with black magic marker and a weird dent of sorts. The corners of the pillow top weren't even either, so too many things wrong. I have ordered another style and if that is damaged, too, or poor quality, back to full price at a store for furniture anyway! Overstock, maybe pay more attention to your manufacturer's quality, very frustrating...but your service it the best!!!!
I was pleasantly surprised when my bench arrived. It was packed extremely well, The quality is very high end. It looks beautiful at the foot of my bed, It is a great place to sit to put my shoes on, well padded and holds its shape. I definitely would recommend it to anyone who wants a sophisticated upgrade to their room. It totally transformed mine. Obviously I am very happy with my purchase.
Style of the product is great, but the fabric and legs seem somewhat cheap. Legs are almost plastic, and the casters aren't the greatest. I returned ours. I don't think the product is necessarily terrible, but I was expecting better from this manufacturer so it was more of a shocked disappointment.
Love the ottoman. Had read the reviews so knew about the color being off. Well made and looks great in my living room; I'm using it as a coffee table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a light mushroom.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Besides the color, very.
This is a pretty little bench. I put it at the foot of the bed in my granddaughter's room. The color however is NOT off white. It is a greyish taupe. It worked well enough to not send it back but the legs are not solid wood. They have a wood look covering over plastic or melamine. One was badly cut. Not just a scratch, but a cut. But this is the first thing I have received from Overstock that was damaged. I just turned the cut to face the bed. The price was right and it was not worth the trouble of sending it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all the same. The actual color is a greyish taupe. It looks off white in the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fairly good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very, except for the color
High quality piece from Overstock - less expensive than OKL.com. Great greige/mushroomy/linen-y color. Looks expensive! Beautiful fit in my new traditional style bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks more creamy online - more of a greige/linen color in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I really love tihs. I have it paired with a modern, long rectangular couch and it looks great.One of the legs did have a couple of scratches, but nothing a furniture marker couldn't fix. The only caution---even sprayed with scotchgaurd, spills cleaned up on this tend to leave whiter spots than the original fabric color. This and the color are the reasons for the 3 rating.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This color is more of a taupe than a linen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, color slightly off
I'd first like to say that I shopped around and found this on numerous other sites for much, much more. This is by far the best deal I found for this piece. That being said, the ottoman is a bit of a Monet - looks great from far away but not close up. As another reviewer said, the fabric does not appear to be linen and looks cheap.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker and grayer than expected. Definitely not beige/white as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wood legs arrived a bit chipped and cushion feels lumpy.
The bench sits at the foot of my king-sized bed (the dimensions are perfect). I like the texture of the fabric and that it's not a fancy item, but looks very elegant. I purchased a chair from the same manufacturer (safavieh) from overstock, and although the colors aren't exact, the fabrics are neutral and have a lovely texture. They have added coziness to my very large bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's actually more taupe; it looks fine with my neutral color scheme, but in some color environments, it could look a bit Iike a grayish purple
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's made well; I love the pillow top.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Generally
I am using this bench under a very large piece of artwork. It looks just like it belongs there and the feeling it "comfort" with elegance. This ottoman/bench is just gorgeous. It exceeding my expectations and really is a fine piece of furniture. Just screw in the legs and you're all set to go. Do not hesitate to make this purchase. You will NOT be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color represented was exactly the same as on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product says quality all the way.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? When I recieved this I can tell you that it was better than I expected. It is just beautiful!
It is exactly as advertised and of quality equal to the expense or better. I am a bit concerned by possible dirt and spills showing on a fabric with no pattern so I will by a spray to protect the fabric from dirt and liquids. I have been watching for several years to find such a bench/ottoman without having to spend a thousand or more and Overstock came through!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? average
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes but is the fabric waterproof/spillproof?