I don't usually write reviews, but found the other reviews so helpful when ordering, I decided it only fair to let my opinion be known too. I LOVE this rug. We had a huge wool rug, which after 4-5 years continued to shed a LOT, we got rid of it, and replaced it with this rug -- I LOVE IT! The color is beautiful, thick and soft - so much nicer than the wool rug we had.I've since ordered many more rugs from Overstock - no more wool, all synthetic, and have not been disappointed.I had a difficult time telling colors in the photo - so here is what I see, green, not sage but maybe olive, off white (cream) tan, navy (almost black), and burgundy.
Love this rug! Colors are much more vibrant than picture. True Olive Green, Gold, Burgundy, Black, & Ivory. The picture looks more much more yellow. Prominent color that you first see is Olive green. Buy rug padding as it is thinner than a wool rug. Looks wonderful with my tan leather sofa.
My sister had a great experience with overstock when she purchased her rugs...so when it came time for my husband and I to get a rug for our living room, we came here. It really is gorgeous!!! So soft!! And because it's synthetic...no SHEDDING, but looks very expensive!!! I did purchase the thickest padding.....which I would strongly suggest. Thank you Overstock!!
I hate writing reviews but I hope this helps. Extremely happy with this purchase. My concern before ordering it was, would this rug be true to the colors in the pictures? DO NOT rely on the overall picture of the rug. It makes the rug colors look muted. The close up pictures will give you a more accurate idea of what to expect. When I first unrolled the rug it had some creases in it. I pulled out my steam iron and a towel and ironed the creases away. A bit of a pain but for the price, well worth a little work. Would I order another rug from Overstock.com? Definitely, YES!
This rug was exactly what we were looking for to tie together our sage green apolstered sofa, beige walls, and cherry wood side tables. It ties everything together and adds a richness to our family room. We were also happy that the rug is soft and doesn't shed like our old cashmere rug did. The pile is not really high so I'd recommend a thicker slip pad than we purchased. Overall, this was a great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color appears slightly darker than image on screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for such a large rug at the price point we were looking for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Constant traffic over one end (path to kitchen) but still looks OK; thicker pad would probably be a good idea. Color doesn't seem to degrade in sunlight.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's darker & richer than the picture, as I recall. Couldn't tell if dark color was blue or black (it's black)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wearing well after two years use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Having more color clues is always good; most came from reviewers.
Very happy with the rug. It was better than expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty much as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice rug. Thick and good quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I purchased this rug in the 8' x 8' square. My friends always complimented the rug on its color and plushness. After receiving the positive feedback on the 8' x 8', I decided to buy the 8' x 11'. It was just as nice as the smaller size. The colors are vivid and it is plush. I highly recommend it to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture does not do the rug justice
First time buyer of Overstock, easy process. Dlid not know what to expect, very pleased with quality, price was great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors are what they appeared in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made, sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? approppriat
Loving this rug - predominant olive green tones, but darker ivory keeps spectrum at about 65% lightness. Some burgundy (for those with red walls) which I like for my cherry furniture. No odor, laying flat nicely, no shedding. Ditzy pattern hides need for vacuuming. Replacing the "Home Depot" rug the hub got me for Christmas years ago (yuck!). Overstock is the way to go for area rugs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Cooler tones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice
Overall, this is a beautiful rug! We've only had it down for about 3 1/2 weeks, and the edges have relaxed and so far so good. It's a very thick rug. We put regular carpet padding under ours and it's extremely cushy! We bought a red one in this same rug, too, and I like the green much, much better. If you like BOLD, go with the red. If you like subtle, this is the one for you. My only complaint is when they rolled it up they creased it right in the center and it's still there (in both rugs!). I wonder if it'll ever flatten out completely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color in the second two pics are pretty accurate. The first depicts a more "yellow" overall appearance. Not "yellow" looking at all.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very thick and cushiony. We did put a regular "carpet padding" under ours. It's been about 3 1/2 weeks, and the edges have finally relaxed and gone flat/down. However, it was creased in the center when rolled up, and the creases are still there. I wonder if they'll ever go down. (I got 2 rugs...a red one too.)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was pretty vague and the overall color a bit deceiving. It looks more antiqued on the website.
I put this rug over my wine-colored wall-to-wall carpet. It looks even more beautiful than I anticipated. The quality is just fine, but hey... it's not a 1K wool rug. When I go past the dining room, I find myself admiring the rug even more than the furniture now!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is even nicer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this rug is beautiful. the colors are rich and not muddy at all.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate....but online, the colors were more muted.
I LOVE this rug! I've had it now for a couple a months and it's wonderful. We have lots of traffic in our home (pets and kids) and it holds up so well!! The colors are beautiful and the picture doesn't do it justice. I best purchase so far.
I was hesitant ordering such a large rug online but was extremely pleased with everything about my order. The rug was shipped in a matter of days and arrived at my doorstep on time and in perfect condition, despite the 18 inches of snow/sleet on the worst of days to get to my home....The rug had cardboard on the ends and was wrapped in heavy duty plastic 3 times. It unrolled perfectly and yes, the edges will go down in a day or so but it is more comfortable than any of the rugs I have bought locally. I love this rug, goes perfect in my home and would not hesitate to purchase again...
I bought this rug for my son as he is decorating his house for the first time. The colors in the rug are perfect and true to shade and tone from the pictures. We used the rug pad and makes for soft and cushiony feel for the feet. A great product for the money.
I normally have horrible experiences with online purchases but this order was a total success!! Most importantly, the rug met all of my expectations and more. It is gorgeous, of good quality and the value just can't be beat!! The convenience of having it delivered at my front door was also a great plus. UPS had to leave it outside as I wasn't home to receive it, but I was able to bring it in the house and set it up all by myself. I am very, very pleased with my purchase and the quality of service from Overstock.
I bought this rug for a temporary floor cover in our fixer-upper because all we had was raw concrete after taking out the old carpet and tile. I've since bought another for the bedroom, and matching runners for the hallways. We have been able to put off installing new carpeting because this carpet has lasted so well and looked so good, and does a good job insulating our feet from the cold concrete in the winter. Padding underneath would be even better. Also, we have long haired kitties with severe hairball problems, but pet stains disappear into the beautiful pattern.