This desk is a good deal for the price. It is very easy to put together, all the parts lined up and with the top down you could pull two chairs up on either side and use it as a table. The top hinges seem sturdy, and this is going to work great for my small office.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is yellowish white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is accurate
The desk is nice and sturdy. Easy to put together. Nice antique white color. Gores well with a parsons chair, sorta dresses up the living room some.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavier than I thought, plenty of storage
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
this is a rather nice desk, actually too large for the space, but will work. My only complaint is that the desk is 34" tall!!! I am sure that this fact is included in the description, but I failed to notice. The height became a problem when trying to pair with a chair. The one which I brought to the beach was too short and the one I bought was too tall!! Husband cut off legs works for now!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, I just failed to read!
I was also not paying attention to the size of this desk. The center part lifts up and there is a very small surface underneath that IS normal desk height. But when that is closed, it cannot be used as a desk. It is much too high. Buyer beware. I would make a nice console or entry way piece, however. It's good quality for the money.
This piece of furniture shouldn't be named a desk. I blame myself for not checking the height dimension; but, in all fairness, the product name is listed as "desk," so I assumed it was standard desk height. It's oddly tall and would only be useful as an entryway or end of hallway table. My adjustable desk chair doesn't even raise high enough to comfortably work on this table. From a distance, it looks attractive in a shabby chic sense, but up close you can see that only one thin coat of paint was applied and the surface is rough to the touch. And, the one I received has a chipped corner, so the light wood is exposed. The top section is heavy and sturdy; however, it sits upon very thin, light legs that wobble when you close the drawers or bump the top. I don't recommend it as a desk. The only reason I didn't return it is my boyfriend recycled the box. So, I gave it away. I don't usually give a negative review for anything, but I feel somewhat misled by the name "desk," and I hope this adds clarity to the product description. So if you need a decorative hall table, fine, if you need a desk, not so fine.