The top of mine has a crack running through it. I think this occurred when I was putting it together because I didn't notice it when I was unpacking the pieces. There were some issues, like the pre drilled holes were duplicated on one side of one of the shelves and completely missing from the other, which may have caused the crack. I am going to call overstock/safavieh and see if it's possible to get a new top piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it's more lavendar than grey but still a pretty color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok. the pre drilled holes were doubled on one of the sized and completely missing on another
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very, minus the color
Love these tables. I bought two and placed them on each side of my bed. The color was a little off but if I decide I can't live with the color they will be very easy to paint.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The grey has more of a lavender undertone than what I was expecting. Nothing that can't be fixed:)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
The gray color is a light gray.It blended with my charcoal rug and silver comforter.The style is modern or contemporary. The bookcase is made well.I thought the price was good, when compared to other bookcases..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched beautiful.I redecorated my bedroom in Gray ,charcoal & silver.The bookcase blended beautifully.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good construction and style
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was exactly as the description described it.
These bookcases are the worst quality item I have ever purchased in my life. We weren't expecting top grade but for 350 for a pair, but this is unacceptable: First off, if we hadn't bought two we would have never been able to even attempt to assemble them because the parts do NOT fit together. Screw holes are misaligned, legs ended up jutting out from front. By combining components from each piece we thought we had it. When attempting to affix the back lattice, the lattice does NOT fit inside the spaces provided (within the frame). So we never even got to see them put together fully. The quality control just doesn't happen: missing finish all over the place, very poor quality wood and paint, misaligned assembly components, missing screw holes on BOTH pieces. There is NO way a QC person ever looked at this factory. DO NOT think about these for any price as they are unable to be properly assembled and used. JUNK and NOT up to Overstock standards or Safavieh standards. We are big Safaveih fans and are totally disappointed.
I just got these bookshelves yesterday (I ordered 2). Overall, I am happy with the product. There are a few things I wish I knew before hand: PROS: - I love the style of this bookshelf. Its really contemporary but not something I feel will look awkward next to more traditional pieces. - I am a small framed woman and I was able to easily carry 2 packaged book shelves up to my second story condo - Assembly was pretty easy. I put them together by myself and it took about 1 hour for both. CONS: - The color is NOT what I expected. This is not a light grey, it is a dark grey almost Lavender color. Its definitely pretty, it just doesn't seem like a neutral color and looks a little strange against my forest green walls. I regret not getting the same product in the oak color. - There seem to be a few holes that were misdrilled. I'm not surprised as I experienced this before with other Overstock products. I figure you get what you pay for, right? I am handy with a drill so I just drilled some new holes in the correct spots. Overall: As mentioned, I am happy with the product, I only wish the color was a light grey as depicted.