The rug arrived promptly as promised. The rug is a good buy for the price. I expected it to have a tighter weave than it has because it is machine made, it is not that plush but it is great for the price. I have looked at many rugs, this has a nice classic design. The only issue I have is that the background color is described as sage but I think it is darker than that, more like a mossy green. It is stain resistant, my family tested that right away and it does not shed! Overall I am very happy with my purchase.
I received and laid down this rug today. The look and feel of this rug looks like one that is 5 times the price Overstock is selling them for. This rug is not wool; it is polypropylene. It is clear that wool is the look Lyndhurst (manufacturer) was going for and they achieved the look quite well. I heard that polypropylene withstands high traffic, pets, and spills better than wool without being cleaned as often. I am sure an expert on rug material can tell the difference but I cannot. The surface is a tightly woven fiber that is much softer and has more "depth" than rugs I have seen in stores. The rug is about 3/8" inches thick and should be used with a pad (I'd recommend 1/4" pad) for anti-slide and cushion. Measurements are NOT accurate on Overstocks site. The rug is 7' 10" by 9' 10". Luckily I read this on another review so I had a heads up and re-measured my room. I cannot speak to the durability because the rug is brand new... but it looks great! It looks like it will take a day or two for the side to lay down flat because it has been rolled up; probably since production.
Just unrolled my rug and it is beautiful. The colors are not quite as depicted online, there is NO yellow, more of a light gold and the red is more dark burgandy, The feel is soft and dense. My only complaint and for my room it's a big one... the size is NOT 7'10x 10'9 but 7'9 x 9'10.... a whole foot shorter!!!
The rug I received is not 7'9 x 10'9 (even though that's what the tag says). The rug is actually 7'9 x 9'10.That is my only complaint.The rug is really pretty. I was worried that the colors might be bright or tacky but its not. The sage is muted and the color that looks yellow on my monitor is more like a tan color on the rug. It is very soft.
I have been pricing and comparing large area rugs for the last couple of months and this rug is all of that and better. Very pretty colors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes, it is beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good, could of been a little thicker
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Love the rug very much. I baught it for my family room and it matches my decor and gives it a classy yet traditional look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good product. Solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The dscription was accurate
This lovely rug went into a room with walls painted hunter green, and dark(er) par kay flooring. I was a bit nervous when I selected it, fearing the greens in the rug and the walls would be too much. One does enjoy a "hint of color" and I've always said "too much of a good thing, is indeed a good thing", yet we do strive for balance. Unfurling the rug, and placing it perfectly in the room instantly muted what had appeared to be the harsh color of green on the walls. The cremes, slight burgundy's and ivories were an instant room changer. I would have enjoyed a bit thicker feel under my feet, but a nicely cut piece of padding took care of that. The rug now looks and feels plush. It has a lot "going on" but never does it get so busy that it doesn't blend well, and looks like it was custom made for my room. With overstuffed furniture, dramatic art on the walls, colorful curtains dancing at the windows, and lamps that beckon you in, the first thing my guests ALWAYS comment on is the "lovely rug." I've enjoyed it since day one, and I think you shall too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beautifullyt
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, though I did put padding beneath it for extra comfort.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Another spot on description.um
Very pleased with this carpet; came ready to lay flat on the floor. There is a variance in color as if some were washed out, but the patterns match on all carpets in this order.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Variance between rugs of same color - some seem washed out.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On the mark!
Bought this for our dining room. Actual size was longer than stated by about 5 inches. I was hoping for a bit more beige and burgundy, but the primary color is really a sage or medium celery. We recovered our dining room seat cushions in burgundy, which helps pull the color out. I've had it for about a year and a half now and have no complains. Isn't what I would call extremely plush, but its got a bit of plush to it. Certainly not thin or as "cheap" looking at some similar rugs you might find at Lowes or Menards. The only downside is that if you are really particular about the exact colors, you should buy in person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? primarily a neutral sage or celery - the beige is not as prominent as in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average or above
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? reasonable
love this rug,I am glad I read the reviews first, that helps alot,not one person said anything bad about the rug, and that is why I bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality for the price, very soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I love this rug. It's just what I wanted. The colors are perfect and I love to walk on it........so soft. Great deal without spending a fortune for a rug. I have grandkids and a dog......so didn't want to buy an expensive rug. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the colors were more vivid than the photos.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality! Very soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Not disappointed at all, feels great under your feet. It is in my dining room and it captures all the color in the room as intended. Delivery was great and once I opened the rugs I was a bit afraid I had no idea the rug was so large, but it fit in my dining room prefectly.
The rug is beautiful and the colors are true to the description. I am impressed with the quality and softness of the pile. I was a little concerned about the size after reading some of the reviews, but the measurement is exactly as stated in the description.
I chose this rug because of the color and size, and it's more beautiful in person than on screen. It feels very luxurious to walk on and the colors are rich and exactly what I wanted. It even makes my furniture look better. I love it. It took a few days to get the curl out, but I turned the coffee table and piano bench upside down on the edges and it flattened right out.
Of course, I have to first say, that Overstock shipping and delivery was amazing. Ordered and then got a follow up phone call just to verify when I could expect the shipment. Really wonderful service. The rug arrived carefully packed and protected from the harsh NYC winter where the order was shipped to our NYC home. It was as pictured .. the color tones are beautiful and match my wall paint swatches perfectly, and ultimately the painted walls. Nice texture, especially for the money. I was nervous to order online, but the price won me over...now I am an Overstock junkie. Great company to work with.