I have ordered tons of stuff from Overstock and I am a loyal customer. However, this time I was very disappointed! This rug, appears in the photo to be orange and there is literally NOTHING orange about the rug--it is RED. Also the patter in the rug, is very pronounced.
Extremely disappointed, this is a complete misrepresentation of a product. Interesting that I could not zoom in on the picture to see the details. There are really large patterns and flowers. Combination of dark red and greenish/beige colors. The fabric does look very synthetic, but this is expected at this price. Too much bother to return, will use in the basement instead of a dining room.
I initially ordered this rug in the smaller approx 5'x7' size, loved the color, and wanted a larger rug to match. Ordered and received this larger one promptly and was pleased to see that the color matched well, but didn't realize the damask pattern would be a larger size in the larger rug. Turns out to be fine where I am using them, probably because the rugs are otherwise one color, but just in case you are planning to decorate with different sizes, it might help to know. I was concerned to read one review which said the rug faded in one season outdoors, the only negative review of this product. The rug(s) seem sturdy and look elegant on our sun porch. As long as they keep their vibrant color, I will consider them an excellent value for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color fairly accurate, but the large damask pattern doesn't show online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seems excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not "various shades of red", and no description of "pattern" except for the word
so disappointed with this rug. advertised as indoor/outdoor, i placed it outside on my patio. it quickly faded in some areas, and now looks terrible. i did not like the pattern, which looked ok online but was not at all something i would have bought if i had seen in a store. i have had this rug less than a year; it will soon be a garbage item.
I purchased this rug for under my dining room table. It is a perfect size (5x8 is too small, 8x11 is too large.) This rug replaced a lovely, hand-tufted wool rug (also from O) that looked good, but shed like crazy and was too thick for easy movement of the dining chairs, especially for my elderly father (who lives with us.) Because this rug is indoor/outdoor, there is no thick pile and it should be easy to clean. What I couldn't see very well in the online picture is the tone on tone damask pattern and texture of the rug, which is very nice. Also the color is different from the online photos. It looks more red-orange online, and the only review I saw said it was the colors of a sunset. My rug is very red...more like a cross between raspberry and brick, not the sienna-type color I was hoping for. I still like the rug, though...it looks good, the color works OK in the room, and the price was right!
I just received the St. Barts Indoor/ Outdoor Red Rug (6'7 x 9'6) and absolutely love it!! The combination of reds (the color of a sunset) are perfect for my porch, the texture is soft, but the rug is sturdy and extremely well made. The tone on tone damask pattern is subtle, but adds interest without being too busy. I will probably order a runner and small door mat to match, you know, the whole ensemble. Thanks Overstock.com for your wonderful values and excellent customer service.
I was a little worried about the color, but turned out the perfect color...kind of a terracotta. Great Size! Hope it last more than one season. It make my patio look WONDERFUL! I just ordered the round one too! Yes... I liked it that much.
A very beautiful rug that I had planned to use outside on my patio, but had decided to use it in my dining room instead. Almost too fancy looking for outdoors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is accurate, a beautiful brick red color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat. There is a design on the rug that doesn't show in the photo.
I'm so glad that the rug had been reviewed by many before my purchase! Had I not read them all it may not have worked for me! As it is, I had already decided on a back-up plan in case it didn't work in my screen porch, as I did not want the expense of returning the rug! However, it worked perfectly and I really love it! I even found outdoor pillows the exact color @ Bed, Bath & Beyond. I am more than pleased! Oh, one more thing. I couldn't figure out how to get the rug "folds" flat on my wood surface porch floors. I googled it and was advised that a heat source is helpful. I hung the rug over my deck railing for a day in the hot sun & it did the trick!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not a bright red, but a perfect raspberry-red~
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat- you just can't tell from the picture that there is a "texture variance" (a raised pattern) as well as a kind-of "taupe" woven underlay in the pattern
LOVE IT! Great pop of color in our diningroom. It is not padded, but that is what we were looking for, easy to slide the chairs in and out. We now have 4 indoor/outdoor rugs and they are so easy to care for. You could not go wrong with this.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, although there is more of a pattern in person
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes