I have been looking for cool, (relatively) affordable rugs to cover some nearly unbearable wall-to-wall that I don't have the time, patience, money, or option to solve in any other way. This is the first rug I've ever bought. I try not to buy (or, more realistically, keep) things I don't absolutely love. I am very happy to own this rug. I placed the rug to create zone for my bed in a very oddly shaped, over-sized, and strangely used bedroom. I live in a 4 bedroom house with one roommate, and I occupy what was the former tenant's children's playroom. The room is huge and separated from the rest of the house by the common areas, and sits as the only room on the "second floor" over the garage. I used the rug to delineate the "bedroom" from the sitting area and the office I created, and I am currently on the hunt for 2 more rugs for those. I am more than pleased that this rug-- my first-- has become a jumping off point and a yardstick by which to judge all future rugs. Specifically, my style is eclectic -- picture a hollywood regency type bed situation (think pink velvet diamond tufted headboard, Kelly Wearstler "Raked Sand" bedding, brown fur throw) adjacent to a wall of graffitied lockers I found at a thrift store, all under some cool three dimensional vintage signage reads "f&*% it!" in glittery red cursive letters. The rug fit right in underneath and was the perfect graphic punch upon which to layer a bunch of craziness. Don't ask me how, but it really works! That's how I use it and I am thrilled. Hope that's helpful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is off white/cream with true black detail. In person, the ratio of off white/cream to black is slightly higher than I was expecting, but I'm guessing that is based on the scaled down image throwing my perception off. However, despite my slight surprise, I have no complaints -- the rug is still great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice. Didn't know what to expect for an outdoor rug -- I was simply looking for large, stylish area rugs to cover heinous wall-to-wall in a very large room. I decided to take a leap on this rug even though I didn't know what an outdoor rug would be like (I've never even attempted to check one out in person). I must say I was surprised how nice it is. It's not rough like jute but it's not plastic-y like I thought it might be either. It really looks like a million bucks.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good - I typically avoid hedging my bets based on online descriptions though because I am aware of the disappointment that can come from disparate expectations and reality... so I waited to judge this till I got it and am glad in retrospect it seemed to match up with the impression you get of the rug from the site. ONLY discrepancy is the distorted impression I *personally* got from the ratio of off white/cream to black in the rug based on the scaled down image (see above).
I obsessed over this one quite a while. Would the pattern make my head spin? Would the graphics be too bold? Nope. It is perfection. It is a bold pattern, but a large pattern, so it goes well with our mid-century modern aesthetic. Would order another one in a heartbeat - just what our porch needed to bring some funk and attitude.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I purchased this rug for Indoor Use. It is snazzy and modern without trying too hard. I love how easy it is to take care of. I have had it for a year and have taken it outside and hosed it down with some liquid laundry detergent and a deck brush TWICE. It dried beautfully and held up really well. I highly recommend it! The color is more tan and black than the "straw" looking color but that works even better IMO.
I love love love the look of this rug, from a distance however. THe materials are definitely utilitarian, the design is great. It doesn't look like an outdoor rug until you get really close. But if you have kids and still want some style that will not get destroyed, this rug is great. And when you get sick of it, put it on the patio!
I bought this rug over a year ago for my living room and it's still in great condition. There were a couple of pattern flaws, but they're underneath my coffee table, so I kept it. My cat has been clawing at it like crazy, but you would never know by looking at. It's super durable and really brings my room to life.
Said I wanted my sunroom to be a funroom. This rug fits the bill. It almost fits the entire room size, without furniture legs hanging off, so it worked out perfect. The design really adds a punch. It is a large graphic, but not dizzying. Very pleased, have other rugs by same brand and trust their quality and wearability.
I have this rug under my dining room table. With four children under 6 it has held us very well to all they can give it! I have "mopped" areas with bigger spills and it cleans well. After a meal, I just vacuum up crumbs etc. My Dyson has started to fuzz up the edges ever s slightly but that said it has really taken a beating and still looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be holding up well after two years
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I am very happy with the look, quality and it fits almost perfectly in my space. It is actualy softer than I expected. Thanks Overstock, I'm a happy shopper
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurately
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Great Rug. Accurate depiction of product online. I love the graphic nature of the piece... I use it as an indoor rug. It handles general foot traffic and dirt very well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurately displayed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good