I really had high hopes for this lamp and was excited when it arrived. Those hopes were dashed, however, when I removed it from the box. The porcelain was glued onto the wooden base crooked, with about a quarter of an inch hanging off the base. This was a VERY disappointing purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a shade darker than the photo shows.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The lamp I received didn't compare with the one in the photo.
I have ordered many home items from Overstock, but this lamp was a disapointment and I returned it. The crackled lamp base was darker and more of a almond color than white. The biggest problem was the height of the lamp was NOT accurate according to the site description. The actual height of the lamp from the base to the finial is 31 inches, not 25 inches as the description states. Even the manufacture's tag on the lamp (from China) is incorrect and states that the lamp is 25 inches.. There was also an obvious problem in how the lamp was made. The crackled base did not sit level with the attached silver wood. It immediately caught my eye when I attached the lamp shade. Overstock was great in allowing me to return the lamp, but it was a challenge to repack this lamp for shipment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is more of an almond/cream color than white. The crackled base was darker than I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. There was a problem where the crackled base was attached to the silver wood on he lamp. It was not alligned correctly when the lamp was made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The lamp height is NOT ACCURATE! Even though the tag on the lamp states that the lamp is 25 inches in height, the actual height of the lamp (from base to top of finial) is 31 inches. .
Even though this is 7" taller than described and than I wanted, I will probably keep it. I had wanted it as a lamp for a night stand and it is a bit tall for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more ivory (darker) than appeared on my monitor. It's beautiful with a crackle finish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seemingly very high quality -- the box was falling apart on arrival, but the lamp was well-packed in styrofoam
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The lamp is 31" including the shad and finial, not 24" as described.
I actually purchased this lamp a year or so ago from elsewhere and I liked it so much I wanted another and I found it at Overstock.com. The lamp arrived in good condition. It is actually slightly different than the one I got before (the shade is white instead of cream, the tassle is slightly different, etc), but I suppose it's possible that Safavieh tweaks the design over time. Overall, I love the lamp!
I bought this lamp because of the 'clean' colors - the neutral colors. It has that and it didn't come broken or off the base like in other reviews, but if you look closely, you can tell that the lamp is not finished that well. For now, it will do as it sits in a place where few will actually be able to inspect it close up. Oh, and mine is a 3-way switch... not single switch. And it is taller than its advertised height.