This hide is exceptional! Adds so much to my home office. Great value and I love that each one is unique. The coloring is beautiful, and there are some marks/scars from the animals life which add more character to it. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I am getting another for my formal seating area, and can't wait to see what that one will look like!!
There were seven imperfections on this skin. The skin itself was almost totally black and brown with no white. Color not a problem but the imperfections were unreal. There are two areas on the skin looking like knife wounds and the fur around the area is red. Upon being folded for shipment the red rubbed off on another area of the skin. Then there were five other spots that looked like old black gum had been put there to cover up where fur was missing. The fur was a bit matted and I could have lived with it but given the horrible markings as a whole it was completely unacceptable. I would not recommend this product! I wish it had looked more like the picture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes and no
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
I understand with a natural product, there would certainly be variations in size, shape and color. However, this rug was not even close to it's purported dimensions (closer to 3' x 5') and in no way was it remotely close to the coloring. There was no black or cream, only light brown. I would hope Overstock would do a better job of vetting the vendor and have higher expectations for consistency of product. It was immediately returned.
I was very disappointed when I took the rug out of the box, only to find that it was much smaller than advertised. Though it was supposed to be 5x7, it was more like a 3x5, and Overstock does not carry this in a larger size. However, I loved the rug so much that I decided to keep it and put it in a place other than I had intended, so in the end it all worked out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The size was waaaay off!
Love this rug. Its real cowhide and looks great in my guest room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
After reading other reviews before ordering, I ordered 2 so I would be able to choose the better hide. One of the hides just matched the picture and description. The second hide was not even close. It was not brindle but long haired dark red brown and had missing hair in places. The live animal had white on the legs and belly hence the only other color was white on the edges. I am sending it back:) So glad I ordered 2 at once. They are more like 5'x4' in size. My scores reflect the hide I kept.
I would not recommend ordering it only because it comes in a tight roll and once opened is all wrinkled and looks really bad on the floor, I still don't know how to make it flat , guess I have to try iron it one day...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay but super wrinkled
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
The rug was as pictured, nice quality .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I took risk on this rug after reading the reviews. I'm not displeased because I didn't spend much on it, but just about everything mentioned in other reviews is correct. Our rug is mainly brown with a few tiny spots of white. Not a big deal -- It still goes really well with our living/dining room. However the things that really bugs me is the folds... NO, they really don't come out... ever. I've tried putting books all over the thing to get them out and have had little success. One of these warm weekends, I'm going to hang it over my porch to see if hanging it helps. It's not the end of the world, but it's definitely a bit of a bummer.
It was definitely small than i expected and thinner. I went to another store and found one for the same price, but much bigger and thicker hide. works much better. Everything else was fine, just very small and they way they packaged it left fold marks that i still cannot get out. (3 months later)
I have 3 other cow hides I purchased locally, and while I wasn't expecting the quality I paid a higher price for I was expecting better than what I received. The hide had a very obvious patch glued into the middle, shredded ends and it was very stiff and lightweight. It went back immediately. I don't understand the raving reviews. Either the customers don't know cowhides or they got something a lot better.