A word of caution to parents of young children and pet owners: The rug has an odor that smells like chemicals, either glue (and/or formaldehyde used to preserve wool). My cat became very sick after laying upon it for a few days. (He smelled just like the rug and may have used up one of his nine lives.) I had to ban him from the room. After a couple of weeks of vacuuming and airing out the rug, it is a great addition to our home. The colors and design are beautiful and it feels plush underfoot. It has bits of eggplant, blue and olive, a rich brick red, light yellow, with the deeper yellow/gold border.
This rug is not only gorgeous, it is exceptional in quality. I couldn't believe how well the back was finished and bound, and how soft and plush the wool is. I haven't had the fuzz or pilling that others mentioned. The colors are nicer than the picture shows - the ivory and cream are more predominant and the golds in the border are more subtle than they appear, which makes for a softer and lighter background field. The other colors ( cornflower blue, light grey/blue, sage, coffee and burgundy) look terrific against the background field and the design will fit any decor. The rug was delivered so fast that it was on my floor before the shipping notification was on the website! This is my third big purchase at Overstock and the quality has exceeded my expectations each time, Sometimes shopping on-line, things seem to good to be true and it's a leap of faith to buy a fairly high ticket item sight unseem. Not so with Overstock. I'll continue to shop here for high quality items at an incredible price.
I recommend to others only if you do not care about the actual color of the rug, the clumsy weaving to look antique and can handle the toxic glue smell. The customer service is excellent and the order and delivery process is excellent. The rug is very thick, dense wool and is wonderful underfoot with a felt pad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug appears very creamy and golden in the picture. In fact, the central and dominanant color is a muddy greyish tan, not even remotely ivory. Very dull and unappealing. I would have returned it but it was clear that I could find myself in the same position again with another rug. Since the price was unbeatable and I was using it in a rental property I decided to just bite the bullet and keep it. THe other problem came with extremely toxic fumes from the glue on the back of the rug. This big heavy rug had to be carried outside and left in the air for four days and then took another week to off-gas. It was teicky with the bad weather and if this had been full on winter we would not have been able to take it outside. You really MUST use a felt pad underneath and unfortunately they do not sell a 9x12 size which I had to get elsewhere.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Other than the horrible toxic fumes from the glue on the back of the rug, it seems very high quality wool, although you are not told that there are very obvious striations throughout the pattern to make it appear to look antique and it is not done with any subtlety and looks tacky.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Of course they did not mention the striations in the weave, the toxic glue and off-gassing problem, or the iblantant inaccuracy on the main color field of the rug.
Great product wrong color! The background on this rug is gray and nothing but gray. The yellow is pretty but what looks like Ivory is GRAY. I love the thickness, texture and quality but watch out for the coloring. Go on the Safavieh web site and then look at Dept. stores that carry the brand to get a feel for colors and then order it on the "O".
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Does not compare well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality and thickness
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? average
I absolutely love this rug!!! The colors are definitely more muted than the picuture shows but that is not a problem at all for me. As others have stated, the gold is actually more of a beige color. I think it is prettier than the actual photo but if you are looking for a very bright rug, this one is not. It is sitting on a dark hardwood floor and the effect is beautiful. It is placed between two leather sofas and looks very rich and elegant. There are so many different colors in the rug that accessorizing is fun and easy. I have the 9'x12' rug and am thinking of ordering a smaller one for my entrance hall. It does take a few days to air out but it is not an unpleasant odor.
We have had the rug for 18 months now and it is still fabulous! Very little shedding, soft and plush. We have three small children and a golden retriever. The rug has been completely abused and is looks as beautiful as the day it arrived. The color is very misleading in the picture, actual color is very muted and ivory rather than gold. Looks more elegant than the online image.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More muted, ivory rather than gold. Picture not accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very - color was not accurate
Since I only have hand knotted Orientals from Persia, Tibet, and Turkey in my home this was the first purchase of a carpet from China sight unseen. The chemical odor was offensive at first but the rug matched perfectly and seemed to be good quality. The Overstock customer rep was wonderful.. Assured me that it would be pickied up if I was dissatisfied. I would not purchase a rug that smelled like this had I been in a Carpet store or abroad. It was a good price for the size and quality. I am now completely satisfied with this carpet as the odor is practically eliminated. ...and my husband likes it...and if someone spills on it ,I won't feel awful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close,but not as bright.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is well made for the price. It does have a chemical odor which laasted a few weeks requiring it be aired out the first several days to rid it of the strong odor. Still detect a slight oder.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description. Discussion with sales rep was helpful. would have lked to know knots per square inch and origin of rug.
was looking for a long time for a perfect ivory/neutral with some color large carpet, finally ordered this in the 9 by 12 size for our large family room, reading the previous reviews, i thought the carpet would be rather dull and muted but it's perfectly bright, true to the computer screen colors, not a lot of offgassing which was great, it lay out flat immediately, the only problem i've had with this is shedding, a few canisters full of vacuuming and it still has some shedding, but i'm willing to overlook that fact because it's such a beautiful carpet and such an amazing value with *** shipping
It's been almost 2 months and it still sheds. I guess most cheap wool rugs do. The color is muted , not as bright as the picture. The light part of the rug is not beige, but grey stripes, which I didn't like at first. It gives the rug kind of dirty look. The smell was unusually strong, but faded within a week. However, for the price and style I would recommend it.
I was kind of disappointed when I received my carpet. The color on the website is beautiful rich gold color, but the one I received is light yellow on the sides and light beige color in the middle. If I see this carpet like that in the store, i wouldn't buy it. This is not the beautiful carpet I expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product's actual color is more muted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? everythign matches except the color
Love this rug...you won't be disappointed. Purchased the 9x12 and it totally complements my burgundy sofa and striped chair & ottoman.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more ivory/beige that shows off the accent colors of teal & burgundy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick & plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Gold isn't a true description
This carpet is just ok. When we received it, the design was much plainer and more dull than I expected. There is a lot of shedding, but I don't think that's worth complaining about with a new carpet -- most shed! The quality seems good. We've had it for a few months now, I thought it would grow on me but I still think it's just so-so...
My husband and I are extremely happy with the purchase of this tribal wool rug on sale. It is a bargain QPR.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Exactly
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Size, colors, quality of weave all accurately described
I purchased this rug in the fall of 2010. I gave it 3 stars because of the excessive shedding!!! Microfiber dust gets all over hardwoods, throw blankets, and clothes. I have to use a lint brush if I lie down on the rug. Do Not Buy if you have a child with asthma! I love the colors and style of this rug but if I could choose again, I would not buy it because of its upkeep.
I have had friends order from Overstock but this was my first time....I couldn't be more pleased. The area rug is beautiful..there is nothing I don't like about it. I read about shedding and chemical odors coming from some rugs, but I haven't had any problems. The rug is so much more beautiful than what the picture shows on the computer. I'm glad I took a leap of faith.
The rug is great and thick and comfortable to walk on. I didn't have an issue with a chemical or glue smell at all. However, the shedding from this rug is absolutely phenomenal! I have vacuumed it twice and both times there was so much of the nap sucked up that it clogged my vacuum cleaner. Even walking on it causes huge bits of "dust bunny" to curl up, while also creating a significant amount of dust in the room. In between vacuuming walking on it loosens the fibers, which then either collect as dust bunnies on the rug itself or create a dusty layer on the floor at the edges of the rug. I recently bought another rug from Overstock and it hasn't had this issue at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The coloring was consistent with the photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality rug, but it does have an issue with shedding!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. I like the rug, I wish it didn't shed so badly.
This is a lovely rug. It's very heavy and I've had minimal shedding. My only concern has been that a little of the wool seems to be pulling away from the backing each time I vacuum. Doesn't look threadbare, but I'm a little concerned about it in the long run...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurately described. Some of the reviewers have suggested that their rug was actually tan/brown, but mine was true to the description-gold.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is the heaviest rug I've ever had - lots of wool and a good backing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate