I was hoping for a more ivory rug but there is NO ivory. NONE. I am keeping it because it is still a very pretty, thick, plush rug with no rug pad needed. The real rug has a muddy grey, almost light brown color all over it but that color is completely missing from the picture shown. If you place your cursor in the top left corner of the picture shown and look very closely you will see a scroll pattern outlined in blue lines. It seems to be filled with pale yellow/ivory color but the actual color is LIGHT BROWN. Since that pattern is all over the rug, you have a muter and less brighter rug than what you see. I still think it is a pretty rug but is different than the colors shown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Muddier than shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Colors are different - it is Blue/Grey not Blue/Ivory
I read all of the reviews before purchasing. They were correct that the colors are not light blue & ivory, I would describe the 'light blue' as turquoise/steel blue and the 'ivory' as a very muted tan. All in all the carpet matches the colors I have in the room and looks great. I'm very happy with the look!
Definitely not an "oriental" aesthetic at all...it is very nice quality though. It's probably going back with the color being SO off.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Way off...so much more dull than what is pictured. I wouldn't call it light blue/ivory at all. It's more like blue/putty gray. Very disappointing.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality rug. Can't comment on the wear yet as we've only had it for a couple days...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
I really like this rug. its a nice pattern and looks every expenseive. I think it will last a long time. I get tons of compliments when guests come over. I will likely order another rug off overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it does vary from the picture. colors are more muted, but its still lovely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality - feels good. its think and doesnt shed.
The colors a more muted than the photo showed, but I am still very satisfied. The pattern came through in the photo and that was important to me. Good quality - well made rug. It looks great in my living room without overwhelming the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors a more muted than the photo showed, but I am still very satisfied. The pattern came through in the photo and that was important to me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality - well made rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
Pros Great price Easy to clean Hides stains well Holds up well in a household that isn't careful about taking care of things Cons Sheds- but that's typical and starting to slow down Not comfortable to sit on - neither that soft or that thick but works for our needs
Rug is gorgeous and NOT muted at all. Reviews are a little off- my monitor was true to color and the orange accent color is actually burnt orange, with Olive green, Ivory with a hint of tan is the back ground with a more aqua blue main color. This Rug is gorgeous and really adds a lot of brightness with a classic feel to a room. Style is contemporary of you are trying to steer away form traditional. Buy this before it's gone- it is a fantastic price- also very thick/ about 1/2 inch
Plush wool, some shedding (it is wool) pattern and constructive is great. However, color in photo on website is so far from reality. It is off white/beige and blue with accents of brown & rust. Pattern is not oriental, not southwestern, but very pleasing. Tried to submit photo to show, but was unsuccessful.
When purchasing this rug, I did quite a bit of research looking at a variety of options. This rug is a fantastic price for the quality! I was blown away. As for the color, vibrant and beautiful describes it perfectly. A little more vivid than the pictures online, this rug will work beautifully in any space. I think if you are comfortable with the image online, you will be very happy with this rug in person. Absolutely no shedding and is extremely plush without looking thick. THANK YOU overstock!!!
This rug just arrived today and is very pretty. The other reviews are correct that the color is different than shown here, but it's very nice. Definitely much more of a grey tonality and the orange is more muted. Overall the feel of the rug is quite nice, but I did notice a few hard, almost sharp, areas that I assume are from the gluing process. The reason I'm only giving this rug two stars is that it has a very strong chemical odor. I'm surprised bone of the previous reviewers have mentioned the intense off-gassing of this rug. It was only in my living room for 4 hours and had already filled my entire apartment with an intense smell. I now have the windows open and a fan going, but it's still very strong and is giving me a headache. My real concern, however, is my infant daughter who has been coughing for the last hour despite being in a different room. I really love the look of this rug, but sadly I think I will be sending it back. I just can't have these fumes dissipating around my baby.