I bought this rug to go into our family room which is decorated in sort of a french country style with deep yellows and brick reds. This rug blends perfectly and ties the room together. The colors are not overly strong which is what I was looking for. The red color in the rug is richer and more of a brick red. I am in love with this rug! While I was worried about shedding, I haven't had any problems with that. It needs to be vacuumed regularly but i think that is normal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Just rolled out my rug and couldn't be happier. The quality is excellent. The overall look is classy and elegant. It's thick and the colors are softly muted and beautiful. It looks less gold in my living room than in the picture and I like that. Its mostly ivory and sage with gold and brick red accents. It looks like it should have cost several hundred more than I paid. I'm thrilled with this purchase and highly recommend.
I am writing this review after 3 weeks of use. This rug is beautiful but the colors are not what I can see in computer. The quality of this rug doesn't match its beauty. It sheds a LOT LOT LOT. It needs to be vacuumed frequently. My wife picked handful of sheds every other day. The house has to be frequently dusted. For little kids its very unhealthy. The bigger issue is that this rug pulls. I noticed that these were pulls in the wool. There are hundreds of little pulls within one week of use and that looks pretty ugly. I will try to return if possible or keep. I wouldn't recommend this rug to a friend.
Well, the rug is attractive and it looks pretty much like the photo, but not as gold. It does shed a lot though. I had to return it because it did not fit with the colors of room as I had hoped. Good value overall and great Overstock service.
First purchases with overstock.com and i am over the moon. Very happy. Could not match price and quality with the best merchants out there. Thank you overstock.com. I am your customer for life. Ps do you sell cars?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lighter than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate.
The yarn in the rug was very coarse. It wasn't a soft rug. It looked like it had lots of warm colors on my computer, but it was a puke brown color that was truly ugly. The maroon flowers were the right color, but that was the only accurate color. I seriously didn't like the rug and sent it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? inaccurate
This rug is absolutely beautiful & the colors are just what I was looking for. The red is a deep garnet color. The background color of the rug is a beige color (looks very gold online, but isn't that yellow in real life). I have the rug in a high-traffic area so I was happy to have a beige background so little areas of dirt & scuffs wouldn't be obvious. Very unfortunately, the quality of this rug doesn't match its beauty. It sheds a LOT. We have fuzz all over our clothes, house, & furniture. It needs to be vacuumed frequently (ie twice a week) & the house has to be frequently dusted. I could handle this if it were the only problem with this rug (i DO have it in a high-traffic area after all), but my bigger issue is that this rug pulls. After two days of having it in our living room, I started noticing what I thought were tufts of lint. When I got closer to these tufts though, I noticed that these were pulls in the wool. Mind you, although this is a high-traffic loving room, it's not like we had been having a dance party on this rug. We walked on it, put our feet on it while sitting on our furniture, & sat on it---and there are hundreds of little pulls that are pretty obvious in certain lighting & stick up, making the rug look raggy. I know we got a good deal on this rug, but for $487 I'm very disappointed in the quality. Despite all this, I'm going to keep the rug, but only because it would be a huge pain to return, I love the colors & don't think I could find another rug that matches my room so well, & I'm pretty sure that if I exchanged it for another of these rugs (if any are still available), it would do the same thing. I probably wouldn't recommend this rug to a friend. Even though it looks beautiful, I feel that if you spend almost $$$ on a rug, it shouldn't show signs of heavy wear with just 2 days of light use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More beige background in real life; online photo makes it look gold.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sheds a LOT. Pulls easily.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This rug cost me around $$$. and it was a piece of junk. About 2 weeks after i laid it down it got several "pulls" in the pile in the high traffic area and beyond. Pile was coming up to leave catches and balls in the rug. Now i am stuck with it as i cannot sent it back without alot of hastle. I will never order from overstock again. Alot of money to pay for bad quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fair but not as listed on page
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
This is a great buy - this is the fourth wool rug we have purchased from Overstock. The quality and price can't be beat. Comparable rugs are at least 2 - 3 times as much at local stores. You'll love this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are close, though a bit more subdued than the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick pile, great feel, no unusual shedding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
Excellent quality, perfect colors....a bit lighter than the image but exactly what I was looking for in a rug. Very efficient service, it arrived two days after I ordered online. I liked the rug so much that I bought a second one in a larger size for my living room.
This is a fantastic rug made by a well known manufacturer. The palette is beautiful, less golden than the picture, and works really well with my existing decor. This rug will shed, but I can handle that, and I hope you can too. This is a great deal for a great product.