This rug is executed finely. The wool is soft, and sheds minimally (New Zeland wool is well known for this characteristic). The pattern is a wonderful modern take on a vintage design and thoughtfully executed. My only complaint is that the pile is somewhat short. I would much prefer a .75" pile instead of a .5". I live close to the company that manufacturers these rugs and they charge 3-4 times the price that overstock does. Overstock's pictures as well as descriptions are accurate regarding this product. All things considered, this rug is a steal!
Though the item is being returned due to shipping damage, the quality was also an issue for me: 1. The wool fabric weave was not that tight. So I would anticipate the fibers to not maintain its loft for long. 2. The shiny part was pretty (light colored silky cream color) but was not wool. My guess is that the shiny part is viscose and no mention of that was made in the description. When I gently pulled on the shiny part, the shiny fibers slid out easily, so that part is likely to go "bald" after numerous vacuum runs. The wool fibers on the other hand were very secure. 3. The starburst patterns appeared subtle in the Overstock images. However, in reality, the starburst patterns, are pronounced. 4. The brown part was a deep chocolate brown, whereas I expected them to be more of a dark taupe brown based on the image. The price I paid was very attractive, but did not justify the above mentioned quality issues.
Overall I am very satisfied. I like the colors since I was going for an overall neutral palette but not boring, the pattern on it gives the room some interest. It feels soft. I think it was a good value. I will add that the reviews on this site really are helpful and definitely sway me toward or against making a purchase, which is why I am writing this. I would absolutely recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good, feels soft, looks great in room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I think i t was accurate
This is our first rug from Overstock...very pleased. I thought it would bother me having the pattern off as described in other reviews. Because of the size of the pattern and the blending, I do not even notice it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I got this rug for my living room; the size and color is just what I was looking for. The only thing that bugs me is that the pattern repeat is cut short--one side of the rug has an "edge" of the flowers the other side is bare. I would have preferred it to be the same on both sides.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very happy with the quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
We bought two of these rugs -- the 8 by 10 and the 3 by 5 and we were stunned by just how high quality and lovely they are. The photos don't due them justice -- the background is a lovely taupe/beige, the rays on the design are a silver/ivory and the chocolate centers are mixed between soft silken threads and wool.